User Tag List

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree1422Likes

Thread: September 2019 Frugal Chatter-Ring the bell for deals and goal adjustments

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

So that we don't end up shrieking like the wallet in one Internet provider's TV commercial, I thought to get direct-September's when we adjust spending and personal plans to get ready for shorter days, cooler temperatures and the temptations of impulse or unplanned shopping trips.

Time to tackle those little fix-up or clean-up tasks (that seemed like terrible ideas during humidity heatwaves) if possible. I have some paint tasks but no new paint and the word about two weeks ago was more or less to go back to the old cans if I wanted to freshen paint on doors last done in 2007....not good enough for me.

August coupon cleanup/recycle time. Cut out any new coupons that come in the mail or inserts. Retrieve coupons taken from the store and file them into your organizer or dedicated spot. It's amazing how coupons can lurk in mail, stacks of papers or magazines or pockets and shelves or drawers...corral them all!

Revise any plans you want done for 2019-some might need more time, money or resources not yet at hand or maybe everything's aligned and it's a question of which day or hour to do that plan and finish it. Look for community activities or learning opportunities (free or low-cost) to try out something new or update knowledge (like tax matters for businesses or computing, etc.). I decided to get a free ticket to a Sept. CRA related talk about tax matters.

Given the abundance of back to school flyers, clip any product photos or images of things you can use to make a gift list for people you have to buy presents for or to update your own vision board or to add to the shopping list so when you are next in that store, you can examine the product and not forget!

If the weather's warm outside and the grass is not near any spruce needles or scary rodents, try walking barefoot for a few minutes and feel like a kid again! I've missed doing this on a regular basis so about three times I've gone out the door barefoot to do a quick task. Yes, early morning dew means cut grass sticks to feet, but get earthing!
    This thread is currently associated with: Bell
    Last edited by Ciel; Thu, Aug 29th, 2019 at 03:48 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Many thanks for moving us into September !!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Thank you for starting the new thread.

I don’t want September yet. Summer is nearly over and I never like that. Leaves started falling from my neighbour’s tree this week. I’m busy trying to make the most of my garden. Ds starts Grade 2 next week.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I enjoyed the summer but also enjoying the crisper evenings now. Still some warmer days needing yard watering but thankfully that is on a timer for middle of the night. Will enjoy each day as it comes.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

already september soon...noooooooo summer did goes too fast...
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just thinking September is only few days away..honestly it makes me sick to my stomach..I hate to think winter is just around corner too ..farmers almanac is saying another cold winter again ..OMG ..need be like the 🐻 bears go in hibernation lol 😝
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Newfiescreech View Post
    Just thinking September is only few days away..honestly it makes me sick to my stomach..I hate to think winter is just around corner too ..farmers almanac is saying another cold winter again ..OMG ..need be like the bears go in hibernation lol
    Or find a big warm farmer!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    Or find a big warm farmer!!
    Yes !! that’s a good plan GoodBoy..I don’t know any farmer , here on the Rock ..lol
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

$560.02 - August Savings
    Stuff Sold - $87
    Garden - $107
    Coupons redeemed - $144.13
    10% off Tuesday @ Sobeys - $11.89
    Air Miles- $70
    PCO - No Frills - $60
    Amazon.ca - from Swagbucks - $80

I’m waiting for one $5 Amazon.ca gc to credit.
    I didn’t SCOP anything this month.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

August:

Coin Out $10 USD

Airmiles $20 in groceries

Lucky Day $5.00 Home Depot GC

I won $100.00 gas card
    Coin Out:
    https://coinout.com/referrals/new?r=MZC6CYR

Still paying with PayPal
    http://superpay.me/members/withdraw/list.php?ref=Truckerswife2

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Busy but good morning here today. I decided to get some prep work done in the kitchen. I went through the fridge to see what needed to be used up and worked from there.

Tonight I am going to make Sesame Soya Sauce Snow Peas because I found some Snow Peas that need to be used up and will add some mushrooms which I have cleaned and chopped.

I had some Cherry Tomatoes that needed to be used up so I decided to roast them off give them a little longer life.

We normally keep a number of homemade dressings in the fridge but we are out of all of them so I made Balsamic and Greek Dressing. Well I was making these I also made a marinade for some chicken which I will make for dinner.

As well I have put together a German Cucumber Salad, cucumber is chopped, Onion chopped and soaked and dill added. Just need to make the Dressing now and marinade the Salad.

As well, well I was working in the kitchen I cleaned it. Not sure what is up but apparently I am the only one who can do dishes.

I will also be making corn on the cob to go with dinner. my plan for tonight's dinner is pretty much everything can just go in the oven and Roast. Keep it simple and also it will be an easy clean up.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

@SassyAshley kitchen clean up prep here as well.
    i went to the pottery guild picked up middle childs stuff from there then went to RCSS for veggies. found a clearance bra for 3.71 in my siize not a fan of th e colour .. its a mint reen .. but dont care for that price.
    came home cleaned the fridge. prepped a meatlaof stuffed with garlic mashed potatoes.

youngest will go to work. i will get laundry done.. and steam clean a carpet or 2. get laundr folded then chill with hubby
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Early dinner for us as DS1 works tonight.
    I am puttering around the house prepping a few boxes to go North. It certainly feels like fall today so just taking inventory of what we have on hand as I do quite a few care kits with help from my family so I buy in advance and now need to see what I still need to finish the packages.
    I found more of the Kellogg's tear sheet, I only wanted the 2.00 off cereal one so if anyone has been looking to no avail let me know and I can send you the rest of the sheet (X$). I am stocked up on cereal bars and Rice Krispie squares (these go north) so would hate to see this coupon go to waste as there are lots of deals out right now.
    barbis9, Ciel, SassyAshley and 1 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Woke up to no power this a.m for about 1.5 hrs which was very odd. Kind of like camping without even having to pack up and go camping. It was bad enough being without internet but no morning coffee-forget that. We made coffee and porridge on the BBQ, found a flashlight with working batteries and found an old plug in phone so we could call out-even still had hot water in the tank for shower. However I don't think we did a great job of passing our emergency preparedness test!

Then we went out to eat for a yummy eggs benny brunch with friends so our day got better-just debating a bike ride but kind of cool and damp. Definitely starting to notice some yellow leaves. Fall is in the air.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I don’t own a car I knew I was a adult after my parents started to give me items for my apartment to live.

Also when I was 16 I was given luggage it was a hint because I was going to Hawaii with my school soccer team.

I swear since I was 13 my mom has been dropping subtle hints about leaving the nest. That I stand on my two feet my mom watched my sister leave this year and she seems quite depressed without my sister there. But my mom has been trying to get rid of responsibility of me. Not that I want to move back in because I really don’t she still thinks she plays a major role in my life. I guess she does in some ways.

I’m done with going up in elevator and down stairs for going down. I was really tired when I was rudely awoken by a text message. Now I consumed chicken Cesar salad which has no nutritional value at all. After they added like the whole container of Cesar dressing and whole bag of croutons. No one understands if your having garlic bread with it you don’t add croutons as well. Especially if the garlic bread is crispy. I don’t personally like croutons in my Cesar salad especially if they are too large to chew they are like sharp on the gum line.

My day was suppose to be a lazy day but I am so tired now it’s time for a nap or just lay here listening to music.

Has anyone ever had stuffed pepper soup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by greentires4me; Sun, Sep 1st, 2019 at 05:51 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information