User Tag List

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree1424Likes

Thread: October 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread--jump into leaves!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    My sample source boxe say it is shipped so I expecting her soon,,,,very exciting!!!!
    I have to find a site to watch english movie or purchase some dvd in english to practice
    Doesn't your library have bilingual or multilingual dvds? Bon Cop Bad Cop comes to mind
    If you watch Radio-Canada news at noon, there is usually one segment that has some English speakers talking with the French subtitles on the screen. I like watching R-C because it's the only station with 7-days per week noon weather just before the end of the broadcast!
    Do you get English channels, like TVOntario or CTV or Global?
    barbis9, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greentires4me View Post
    I had awful Thursday my mom was late picking me up, the doctor was late, I bought something off FB market place they were late getting there and the website quoted 12$ they insisted on 15$ they gave to me anyway for 12$. The bus I took, took a long detour because construction on the rail crossing. I started to hallucinate hands grabbing me I got off 3 stops before my stop. I found myself lost and really confused so disorientated. I just walked until I found a Main Street so I thought. Someone drove by and noticed I looked confused and set me on a better path because the Main Street came and went but I had missed it.

I got told I am waste of tax payers money by a professional. I pay taxes too so how is that fair?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Give that professional some feedback via their professional regulatory body and your provincial human rights entity. That ought to perk up their professional attitude right away! Good that someone helped you with direction and you got where you had to be.
    dededi likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

So, the watch battery inserted on Oct. 4 has been acting wonky (Sticking second hand or delayed!)/dead for over two days. Replaced it today with a fresh one from same package bought on Oct. 4. Learned that the two batteries from sibling's packet were not from a Costco buy but another dollar store. At least I had 4 weeks with each of those batteries.

On the fence-to mulch leaves or not? Might if there is some gas for the push mower.

Had two chats with people I sometimes see on my walks-felt good!

Computers are down except for the Mac one. Yes, I'm using it! My time's about done.

Yesterday was a write-off in terms of getting things done. But I did use the furniture polish spray and noticed that even if objects like small bottles are on the table with a facial tissue underneath them, the rings do affect the table polish. And the spray looks and smells like lemon meringue filling (the artificial kind). Then I had a weird daydream at end of my afternoon nap. Must be the petroleum distillates in the polish spray...

Seems I will miss the Girl Guide cookies as their time is almost over and I'm 15min away.

Checking flyers for deals--did not see the HBC one until this afternoon, and think my one item is not sale in this flyer (but it was in the previous one).

Found 2 McD game pieces last night, 9 containers and this morning, found 2 more McD Monopoly pieces. Happy!

Ms. Sunshine has been out and beaming since about 8am! May she make your day happy and rolling along!
    barbis9, SassyAshley and GoodBoy like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I am on a xmas roll -bought 2 more gifts today for grandkids ,one was on sale at canadine tire for 34.99-6.67 in canadian tire money $28 for the new lol larger doll for Ashlyn

Then ordered a book and shark baby floatie toys for the tub for cara -15% with a code

I want to get the grankids almost done

Then on to shoppers for 20 times the points spent 60 something ,zantac was pulled from all the shelves so got life brand one for hubby or myself .I have had it before and it works .

Hung one load out at 8.a.m as I was up at 4.30 a.m couldn't sleep ,plus went to the library and got my hold movies and one book .
    barbis9, Ciel, SassyAshley and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

won a small coffee at mcdo monopoly game this week happy I so need coffee in the morning at school lol.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Doesn't your library have bilingual or multilingual dvds? Bon Cop Bad Cop comes to mind
    If you watch Radio-Canada news at noon, there is usually one segment that has some English speakers talking with the French subtitles on the screen. I like watching R-C because it's the only station with 7-days per week noon weather just before the end of the broadcast!
    Do you get English channels, like TVOntario or CTV or Global?
    Will see for the librairy as I dont have a member card right now
    Yes I have those channels but...maybe I will remove 1 french channel and put hgtv for design in english I love design
    I read my english magazines I am receiving with recycle bank program so that help me too

thanks for your suggestions and imput.
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, Oct 19th, 2019 at 08:16 PM.
    Ciel, SassyAshley and GoodBoy like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I am so debatting since I started school if I need a cellular or no....and deconnect the principal line of the house....Every student listen some music in class for working so I am missing that....but a cellular is expensive i will see if I can have a deal ,,,any suggestions ???

A least we are allowed to have water and coffee in the class lol to concentrate

supper is chicken ,cheese and macaroni salad
    made a small list for grocery shopping tomorrow morning dont need that much but I will so miss the 1,00$ yoplait coupons for my smooties

right now I am relaxing with a casal domingo and some music

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I am better in math than french that surprise me a lot because I am better in french usually...good in english so that is fun

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    This week was quite up and down for me, we have a ton of drama going on at and no matter how hard I try to stay out of it, it finds me. Not to mention the drama at home, Mom called in sick again, I think she has called in sick 1 day every week for the last 5 weeks, there might be 1 week in there she did not but either way this is getting ridiculous. She texted me to tell me she did not go to work so I came home in a foul mood and we ended up in a disagreement, it wasn't a fight but words were said mostly by me.

I have a feeling part of my emotional state has to do with the fact it has been 1 year since Oma passed. I have to admit Oma's passing caught me off guard, she had been sick for years but keep hanging in there not to mention as odd as this might sound she wasn't her anymore. She was stuck in a bed and no longer was what I remember of my Oma. It is weird she is the 4th grandparent I lost (lost Great Grandpa, Hezy and Nanny all on Mom's side, this was the first passing on Dad's side) but for some reason deep down this one has hit me the hardest which is weird as I was closer to Mom's side. It was natural I was closer to Mom's side she was a single parents and my grandparents took care of me well Mom worked. I do not know what is about Oma's passing but I can remember what feels like every minute from a year ago.

Although the ups and downs of this week, I really felt like I had a good week which was nice.

I went shopping this week and got all the yarn I need for Christmas presents as it was all on sale, plus it was friends and family at Mom's work so I got an additional discount even on sale items. Now I just need to make them all.

I stayed home Friday as I woke up with a sinus migraine and couldn't even walk down the hallway without bracing myself so I got a couple more hours of sleep and then worked from home. Friday afternoon I had to run to the grocery story we were in need a few things, well I was there I got:
    Mushrooms
    Milk
    Sugar (on sale for $0.97/bag)
    Avocados (bag of 6 on sale for $1.67)
    Bananas
    4 x Beef Roasts (I did not get any last week as they did not have them in stock when I went in but this week they had a huge bunker of them, no limit same price as last week)

I was kind of surprised they have renovated our local store and make the produce section smaller which concerns me. I admit most of my shopping is done in the produce section and it already seemed small and now they have taken away 2 double sided rows. Will have to see if this effects what they keep in stock as they also expanded the packaged Salad Cooler (don't buy anything from this section) and the organic section.

I will make another post later about today, in a bit. Hope everyone had a wonderful day
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Sat, Oct 19th, 2019 at 05:14 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I so need to do a menu plan this week...I know for sure beef fondue,pork tenderlion and spaghetti will be on the menu but need better planning with school...not much meat deals this week on flyers...so deceived

will see if dad need instant coffee the only deal... I see is brunet nescafe (is flavor) for 3,99$

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I am so debatting since I started school if I need a cellular or no....and deconnect the principal line of the house....Every student listen some music in class for working so I am missing that....but a cellular is expensive i will see if I can have a deal ,,,any suggestions ???

A least we are allowed to have water and coffee in the class lol to concentrate

supper is chicken ,cheese and macaroni salad
    made a small list for grocery shopping tomorrow morning dont need that much but I will so miss the 1,00$ yoplait coupons for my smooties

right now I am relaxing with a casal domingo and some music
    What about chatr mobile? It’s no fixed contract and there is many plans that you pay over the month.

barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Today was a pretty good day, I am managed to get quite a bit done. I am back to trying to cut back on work, I think my insane work schedule is part of the reason I feel like crap lately because I feel like I have no time off. I did not work today.

I decided to do some cooking today, I made:
    Chicken Fajita Bake
    Roasted some Cherry Tomatoes that were on there last legs
    Roasted a Head of Cauliflower
    Made Roasted Cauliflower Soup

I also cleaned the kitchen and then cleaned as I cooked so we have a clean kitchen now.

As well I have been working on Christmas Presents, for Bro and His Wife as well as Cousin and his Wife I am making what I call Marriage "Blankets." It is there marriage information crocheted into a "blanket" but it is a small blanket it isn't meant to be used as blanket but more as a wall hanger.

I will also being doing Birth Announcements for all 3 of cousin's kids. I am working on the pattern for my niece, still need to make the pattern for my nephew and cannot start on the third one yet as they have not chosen a name.

As well I am making a few small crochet projects I am going to try to sell online this holiday season to make a little extra money to put towards Christmas. Right now I am working on crochet sponges and already have scarves I was going to sell last year but due to my health issues that never happened.

Time to get back to my patterns, Hope everyone has a wonderful evening.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by greentires4me View Post
    What about chatr mobile? It’s no fixed contract and there is many plans that you pay over the month.

What is chatr mobile explanations please i dont know that
    Ciel and GoodBoy like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What is chatr mobile explanations please i dont know that
    Here is their website. It looks like it covers the most populated areas of Quebec.

https://www.chatrwireless.com/

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    Here is their website. It looks like it covers the most populated areas of Quebec.

https://www.chatrwireless.com/
    Thank you for the infos Will have a look.
    Ciel and GoodBoy like this.

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information