User Tag List

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree1424Likes

Thread: October 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread--jump into leaves!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I went to the mall to return items to gap and old navy yeah 60 going back on my credit card
    but then picked up a few gap items for 40% off for the grandkids runners for Sebastian reg 35.00 on for 4.97-40%=2.98 may not fit him for a year and a half but my daughter has bought their runners before so will stick them away ,socks for cara 1.49,tights for Ashlyn $4.78 cheaper than old navy prices

Got my free harveys burger for my birthday only paid for iced tea 1.60

Then to value village got 2 puzzles 2.99 each 1,000 piece
    used spend 5.00 save 2.00 cpn=4.50 for both

Then into salvation army store got a top for me 3.00 no tax -long sleeve Tahari elements ,this brand is sold on amazon and it is not that cheap -bonus

Then went into giant tiger used their new v.i.p program by giving my phone number saved 1.00 on 2 pkgs of cookies
    Last edited by coupon girl; Thu, Oct 3rd, 2019 at 02:42 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Will go out today looking for PC great Canadian coffee in a large tin on for $6.99 till tomorrow at Shoppers. Fortinos carries it for $11.99 so this is a deal. I love making coffee at home, save a bundle compared to take out. I picked up an amazing reusable coffee mug at Canadian tire earlier this year and I use it daily.

I have gone way off budget the last few months, so staring Oct 1st, I have been asking myself - is this a want or a need? Day 3 and doing ok....if I can stay within or below my budget, I will be happy. Heating costs will be more this winter thanks to the carbon tax.
    Last edited by barbis9; Thu, Oct 3rd, 2019 at 02:41 PM.
    Ciel, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

got the email......

tvdsb is down monday... if CUPE cannot reach a agreement.. then our schools are down.
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Our crown corporations are going on strike tomorrow (SaskPower, Sasktel, SaskEnergy, SaskWater). The news says that we are not expecting a disruption in services. https://www.google.ca/amp/s/leaderpo...skatchewan/amp
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

There is definitely a change in weather patterns because I feel like crap. And my body aches.

I went to MH appointment yesterday for first discussion with my new case manager first thing at 9:30am. We discussed a lot of DBT I tried to list my concerns with taking it and my past. I think I gotta be more straight forward next time. I am getting a CSL worker. I also asked about rehab fund for a weighted blanket. There finally listening to me.

On Monday I had gone to the ER where they went to IV and missed my hand looks gross now really black and blue. I noticed this yesterday.

This picture doesn’t do it justice but it was really bad yesterday compared today.

I am waiting on my GST to go through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning and TGIF!!

Took ground beef out of the freezer this morning. Going to make a nice homemade pasta sauce for dinner tonight. Will have it ready for when my favourite guy is done work. Glass of wine for sure tonight!!

Have a wonderful day everyone!
    Ciel likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Afternoon -yes I am happy went to my opthmalogist today and my eyes are great -I was going every 7 months,now I can go once a year as I am a candidate for glaucoma ,so that made my day .

Gotta go clean the house as daughter is coming with her family on sat ,they have a wedding we are watching Sebastian
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Just found out my older brother is back in the hospital Wednesday night ,its most likely his heart as he has congestive heart failure .So I am hoping they find out why his blood pressure is low and the crackling in his chest ,he is hooked up to a heart monitor -ahhh he was only home a month.

I just called my other brother in London,Ontario to let him know and we chatted for a bit ,I will keep in touch I told him .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Fri, Oct 4th, 2019 at 06:26 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I went to walmart as planned this morning. I picked up Halloween chocolate Mars variety and Reese variety, goodie bags, scented gel pens, a garbage can, cranberry ginger ale pop, and Halloween minions pop rocks. Then went to shoppers picked up codeine cough syrup, and scope fixodent, Dove antiperspirant.

Later when the mail came I got my first ever caddle cheque. I Went back into town there was car accident looked like someone was making an illegal turn and small car that an older lady was driving got hit. I checked Walmart for the 2 pack of fixodent scope there was none on the shelf it was really busy in there on the way out I picked up a scratch and win ticket which i won a free ticket. I stopped at subway and picked up two foot long subs one for me and one for Tracy.

Things have been clicking into place I had a call out of blue from addictions counsellor which has been off on medical leave for a long time since last year at this time I figured. I made an appointment with her for this Monday at 2:30pm it’s on the other side of town. I live near 222nd street it’s at 228th street and its country blocks so that’s 6 blocks away.

I saw this paddington bear cookie jar on Facebook I was interested but they wanted to meet in busiest part of town where I was willing to pay double if they delivered it. I ended up passing on it. I really wanted them to deliver it not to meet at a high traffic zone coffee shop in town.

I’m exhausted and all people want these days in my building is cigarettes. Tracy gave me money to buy her tailor made cigarettes and keep the change which just ended up being the money I bought her subway with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This offer for FPC for FREE Astro Original Kefir Probiotic Yogourt is live again!
    Go now to grab yours!

astro.ca

or

https://www.save.ca/coupons/brand/as..._medium=client

Still live as of 2019-Oct-10 at 09h00!
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Thu, Oct 10th, 2019 at 09:09 AM.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Hope they figure things out for your brother soon Coupon Girl.
    barbis9, Ciel and coupon girl like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    This offer for FPC for FREE Astro Original Kefir Probiotic Yogourt is live again!
    Go now to grab yours!

astro.ca

or

https://www.save.ca/coupons/brand/as..._medium=client
    Thank you!
    Ciel, SassyAshley and GoodBoy like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Thanks sassy -they know my brother has congestive heart failure ,but they may not be able to operate as in march when his heart stopped and he was revived ,it took a toll on his body ,they say he may not be able to take this heart operation .The doctor told my sister-in-law when he was released end of august,he may have a few more good years in him.
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

thanks goodboy for the tip on the free coupon

Washing sheets today and washing kitchen floor
    barbis9, Ciel, SassyAshley and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    It has been another week but we knew going in it was going to be a bit of a roller coaster. Opa had surgery Monday, he had to get a pacemaker. We had dinner Sunday and he was worried they would not do the surgery as he was having nose bleeds he could not stop. The good news is he got the surgery and is home and even back at work recovering. He is such a smart a**, he comes into the office the other day and of course staff are asking if he should be there and his answer is "they told me not to drive or lift anything heavy but did tell me to walk around so I had one of the girls drive me and now I am walking around."

Then Tuesday our production manager who has been with the company since I was 1 went in for surgery. His daughter also works for us so she was off to be with him. Tuesday obviously there was a weird vibe through the whole building as we waited for news. Good news is surgery went well hopefully any day now he will be released but will be off work for a bit.

I really tried to take a step back this week but still ended up working late two nights as I ended up in late afternoon meetings. I did manage to get a few things done at home but not as much as I had planned. Then I had planned to work from home Thursday and Friday but again did not happen, ended up with meetings booked for both days, although I missed the Friday meeting as I ended up covering for someone else who was off.

This week will be a little busy, we have a manager's meeting Wednesday and then Thursday and Friday I am back down to the production plant which will mean long days and commuting. So I need to try to get some prep done this weekend.

So far today all I have managed to do is empty and re load the dishwasher. Not so much an ambition issue as more of a being annoyed issue. I am getting super frustrated at the fact I am working my butt off at work as my job is really needed in a few areas right now and it feels like I am being punished at home because nothing is getting done and it is all being pointed out to me. So I am on work to rule, I will clean up the messes I make but am no longer spending my nights and days off doing all of the housework.

Off to find something to eat, have a wonderful day everyone.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information