User Tag List

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree1424Likes

Thread: October 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread--jump into leaves!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sassy so glad your opa is doing great since he had a pacemaker put in .

Hubby cut front lawn and also did neighbours as are front lawns are not separate (our house is on the curve of the crescent street)Nice that he cut it as they are in their late 70"s

Off to ashlyn's party at 3.30 with Sebastian ,its a gymnastics party .I am sure it will be fun.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Managed to get a priority task done in the morning-emptying out the fridge for a vacuuming behind it and under it, then a wipe down of exterior and shelves. Restored everything into fridge. Repeated process with pantry and vacuum cleaner (semi-annual task best done when I'm home alone-no hassles!). Started washer loads of laundry and tossed finished loads into dryer, so I feel like some things got done. Washing the walls will wait for another day. Kept money at home as yesterday I did some grocery shopping as well as sewing notion buying at Walmart (lots of good things added to the store so I had to look, then I discovered neon shoelaces in the shoe dept-future buy). Well, today Girl Guides are selling their tempting cookies, so I'll have to check online for their next sale day. Did buy a 50ct Nielsen treat box (yesterday) to make up 12 snack bags of chocolate-I logically thought company would have at least 12x of each of the four chocolate treats; no, the Coffee Crisp ran out after the 9th snack bag, so I had double up on Smarties or Kit Kats. Ate the very last two treats--have the rest ready to hand out for Oct. 31 and stashed at back of a shelf in the Shoppers bag.

Yesterday afternoon, I made a double batch of Greek style lemon potatoes (had to get some of the harvested garlic from storage for the dish and noted some bulbs are fine in colour and texture and some look sort of gnawed or dry/dessicated) and have been eating them all night and this morning. Still have about two servings of the stuffed pepper soup left over! Must wash and prep the last three bell peppers-maybe time to make pizza on Monday to use up the veggies and one can of pizza sauce. Need to think what I might want to make with ground beef next week, so I can pull two frozen meat lumps out of the freezer to thaw in the fridge.

Found a copy of the community paper today (no luck at three stores yesterday) and have about 3 flyers too.

My winter coat's underarm seams have been mended (they were catchstitched by previous owner but the stitching seemed too obvious) with the thread--I have to rethink where to place reflective tape as the sleeve ends and jacket hem contain drawstring channels or elastic. Storm flap over snaps will need one new long piece of reflective tape-I'll print off the Fabricland save 10% off coupon (in effect Sun Oct 6- Tues Oct 8) and take it with me to get the desired tape soon.

Supper tonight will be Lipton's chicken noodle soup with ginger and some California mix veggies.
    I have had a drippy nose this week and wish to bid it farewell, as I've made plans later in the month to help a friend with some organizing tasks. Don't want to give my friend any colds or viruses!

Feel like making lists this afternoon. Not sure what is happening with Thanksgiving plans but Mom will share next week.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Okay 2 posts, one good one well.

After I posted this morning I decided to get my butt going and see what I could get done.

One batch of Banana Muffins made and wrapped for snacks this week.

Costco package of Romaine Chopped, Washed and in a bag in the fridge

Napa Cabbage chopped and separated. going to use the bottom part in a stir fry, not sure about the top part yet.

Cucumber Salad made and marinating.

Costco Package of Chicken Breast broken down and frozen.

Rest of Ground Port not used in Meatloaf broken down and in the freezer.

Bacon in the freezer.

Then I tried to fix my sink as it is leaking, cost me all of $4 at Home Hardware, it is not leaking now but I think the issue is when they switched out the drain, the base is not as deep which now makes the pipe too short. Which means it is isn't leaking but it is because I barely have it put together. Honestly I could cry right now, I really really do not want to have to call a plumber and pay like $100 just for them to walk into my house and have it fixed in 5 minutes.

All of the dishes are done, just need to turn on the dishwasher now.

So all and all a goodish day.
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

afternoon all.

for those who dont know.. i am honestl not sure if it has been posted. there is a 5.00 gc for 15.00 worth of maple leaf products bought at sobeys , foodland.. i think thrifty foods.. and safeway as well. currently on.

i a,so saw a cool promo for tenderflake .. with coupons.. being sent... i dont have all the info about that one.

my hubby is getting a new desk ( he kinda doesnt really know.. lol ) and i am getting mine back . so i am attempting to be more orgaized about stuff. sigh . i really need to do better.

ok.. today.. .50 on co 51. and 1200 on pc points. i have enough stuff in my house for the week . and if the people strike well so be it. i will deal .
    laundry is going. i need to spend 30 min on the dc rooms. and fill the water softener.

youngest is working on her room.
    i may watch a movie with hubby later.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I found 5 of the oxi clean at Canadian tire so was able to get them for free. I will send to the food banks as I have no need for them but I can’t ignore free.
    Trying a new soup in the crockpot and it smells yummy. Chicken taco soup from drizzle me skinny. It uses ground chicken and last week I was able to get 1 pound packs for 1.44 from the flash food fridge at RCSS. The house smells amazing. I am also going to make a batch of kale soup. Dinner tonight is Swiss Chalet as I need to use up my gift card from the Royal promo.
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

evening took sebastian to ashlyn's gymnastic party last night til 6.30 ,he is soo active was tiring -my dear hubby jumped into the pit (of styrafoam ) to help him out and got stuck was pretty funny

I had sebastian here all day with my daughter as her hubby had something to do with his father ,so we painted ,coloured in the colouring book and played figures (small figures my son had when he was little)I had him out in the yard for a bit but he first ran out with socks and I said nope gotta wear your shoes as I picked him up and he bit me (didnt break the skin) but darn it hurt .Wow sometimes its hard having 3 grandkids under 6 ,I love them dearly but its tiring

Relaxing now eating pringles and drinking water
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you are 55+ and like McDonald's coffee and savings ... then https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435078...onalds-canada/

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

shower is done lunch for tomorrow is ready so i am in for another week of school.Have a good night everyone I hope to be able to find new coupons this week buy with my lack of time it will sighly not happen.... I have no coupons atm
    Ciel, lilo0003 and GoodBoy like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Decided not to make my second post last night. I am trying with everything in me to be positive right now but I gotta say, I am failing. It just feels like no matter what I do right now, it is not good enough.

Today was a pretty good day, I got the following done:
    Laundry is done, folded and put away
    Made Egg Roll Stir Fry, just need to make Rice and there is dinner one night
    Baked an Apple Cake
    Ran the Dishwasher, emptied and re loaded.
    Also did the hand dishes aside from the bin I am not washing
    Took the kitchen garbage out
    Filled 1 box with papers and then took 2 boxes out as we had a box by the door that needed to go out

I also made kind of a nice dinner, I was going to make a Pasta Bake but then Mom decided to have meatloaf for Lunch so I figured she would not want ground beef again so I went vegetarian instead. I took a package of frozen Tortellini out of the freezer and made it with Classico Roasted Portobello Sauce and added some extra mushrooms to add some veggies, would have added carrots and peppers if it was just for me but Mom does not like. Then on the side I made Cheesy Garlic Naan and Cesar Salad.

Not much else going on. My hope is to pick one small thing to get done each night after work this week until Thursday when I start working out of town and will be getting home late. I will still hope to get something done these days but if I don't I am okay with it as my main goal will be no take out these nights.

Hope everyone has a wonderful night.
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hi all.
    Picked up 45 cans of gravy from No Frills with the points deal. Redeemed points so 15 cents out of pocket. Stocking our cupboard and a few friends and the rest in my food bank box i started.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    evening took sebastian to ashlyn's gymnastic party last night til 6.30 ,he is soo active was tiring -my dear hubby jumped into the pit (of styrafoam ) to help him out and got stuck was pretty funny

I had sebastian here all day with my daughter as her hubby had something to do with his father ,so we painted ,coloured in the colouring book and played figures (small figures my son had when he was little)I had him out in the yard for a bit but he first ran out with socks and I said nope gotta wear your shoes as I picked him up and he bit me (didnt break the skin) but darn it hurt .Wow sometimes its hard having 3 grandkids under 6 ,I love them dearly but its tiring

Relaxing now eating pringles and drinking water
    Next time tell him your not food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Evening Everyone,
    Decided not to make my second post last night. I am trying with everything in me to be positive right now but I gotta say, I am failing. It just feels like no matter what I do right now, it is not good enough.

Today was a pretty good day, I got the following done:
    Laundry is done, folded and put away
    Made Egg Roll Stir Fry, just need to make Rice and there is dinner one night
    Baked an Apple Cake
    Ran the Dishwasher, emptied and re loaded.
    Also did the hand dishes aside from the bin I am not washing
    Took the kitchen garbage out
    Filled 1 box with papers and then took 2 boxes out as we had a box by the door that needed to go out

I also made kind of a nice dinner, I was going to make a Pasta Bake but then Mom decided to have meatloaf for Lunch so I figured she would not want ground beef again so I went vegetarian instead. I took a package of frozen Tortellini out of the freezer and made it with Classico Roasted Portobello Sauce and added some extra mushrooms to add some veggies, would have added carrots and peppers if it was just for me but Mom does not like. Then on the side I made Cheesy Garlic Naan and Cesar Salad.

Not much else going on. My hope is to pick one small thing to get done each night after work this week until Thursday when I start working out of town and will be getting home late. I will still hope to get something done these days but if I don't I am okay with it as my main goal will be no take out these nights.

Hope everyone has a wonderful night.
    hugs. hugs and more hugs
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

happy monday all. !!!
    no strike for ontario students. so off to school they go

one of my dc parents gave us a wonderful new toy, so i am rearranging the dc rooms a bit this am . then park time.

i am hoping to get the garlic in at long last today. Oldests bf is coming ovr either today or wednesday and digging stuff f or me a bit.. i will have him move the salt to the shed as well. must start getting ready for winter.

i am hoping to also get part of the floor cleaned in the family room. lots of stuff to get done this week . lots.
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Monday!

Off tomorrow for a fun day in the city and then a concert at night. Best part is I get to sleep in! So today I have to get lots done at work.

I am in charge of dessert for Thanksgiving dinner. I have tons of ideas Will grab the mini tenderflake pie shells with coupon for sure and have some fun making mini tarts!
    @Giseledta - I bought salt in the Spring (reduced from winter) and at the time hated spending the money on something I didn't need at the moment but I sure appreciate it now. I'm sure it will last us a few years but will see how this winter goes!

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

I cashed out my Canadian Tire money $60.41

Got $4.99 X2 SCOP savings.

Sold $10.00 worth of freebies I won.

Got $10 Amazon from Swagbucks

Found lots of beer cans too
    Last edited by Horndogg; Mon, Oct 7th, 2019 at 03:45 PM.
    Coin Out:
    https://coinout.com/referrals/new?r=MZC6CYR

Still paying with PayPal
    http://superpay.me/members/withdraw/list.php?ref=Truckerswife2

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information