User Tag List

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree1424Likes

Thread: October 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread--jump into leaves!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yes, I was able to see The Farewell movie (it's not heavyhanded and I felt so empathetic for the bride-to-be who did not speak Chinese as her fiance was not giving her enough cues/info to follow what was said at the family table or gatherings)at 1:00pm (there's another showing at 7:15pm tonight at Cineplex Ancaster, if you are inclined to see it-or wait for the Playhouse Cinema's 2 viewings next week). The Ancaster Film Fest emcee gave some background about the obstacles the director had in getting the film funded, so that was an interesting extra. Found out Fest members can rent out DVDs (thought they were for sale) as I saw one title. But just now saw the title in the library catalogue so I've placed a hold. One movie goer brought her own food in foil wrap (!) in a shopping bag--as soon as the Cineplex ad rolled, she was unwrapping her foil. Don't know how she got away with it but she did take her litter with her.

Since the two popcorn lines were moving slowly, I went to the Outtakes counter and ordered a sweet chili Thai chicken wrap-better for me and it was filling! Picked up two copies of the movie magazine.

Used the remaining 22 cents on my Indigo gift card towards a greeting card that I need to mail by tomorrow, if not tonight.

The three peppers remain needing my cutting attention. I managed to get some laundry washed this morning, then took care of my chores to get to the library by 11am. A friend told me that next week, our branch will be opening at 9am on Tuesday-so extra hour in the morning. Will wait for online confirmation of the expansion in hours. I'd be willing for the library to close at 8pm if we got the 9am opening (it's been 10am since the two library systems merged) because in the summer, the earlier opening would be a cooler time in the day but staff might be scrambling if they also have any school kids to drop off prior to reaching the library.

Very pleased that no strike occurred today for Ontario support staff! Many parents must be relieved because it can be hard to find someone willing to be before/after school caregiver, never mind all day caregiver, on very short notice. I was watching the news yesterday at 6pm and 11pm to find out the updates.

Was glancing through the Hamilton Spectator at the library and saw that our riding was featured, so now I know there are 6 candidates to choose from for Friday's advance poll. Will buy a copy of the paper for Mom to read too.

Today's weather has been good-very little rain drizzle and mostly sunshine and warm winds! The Garner Rd W section reopened either late Friday night or early Saturday-the crews forgot to paint in the left turn lane and the north shoulder still needs some grading (I was walking along it after 8pm and had to watch my step in some sections, as they were hilly, uneven).

Must get my hair cut in the next three days or lump it!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Babysat cara today -boy her speech is sure picking up 3 words now"papa's red car" "peppa pig then she makes a pig sound " so cute she will be 2 in November ,took her for a long walk then to the playground to go on the swing .Then we came home did 2 loads of laundry for son /daughter-in-law watched an episode of my HBO series I like " The Affair" .

Hubby and I decided to treat ourselves to A&W on the way home as I had a coupon .I also picked up ashlyn's free 6.99 tye baby stuffie from the birthday club she asked me for a small pig -I got the last one .

Relaxing tonight watching a bit of t.v and doing laundry
    Horndogg, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    A bit better day today, I got a far amount done at work, I am still behind but that is just life right now.

I did not get as much done as I had hoped today, I am super tired but I did make a batch of rice and make grab and go stir fry bowls for lunches. Also made some mashed potatoes to go with my dinner, I was going to make a small batch but discovered there was a rotten potato in the bag so I peeled what was left and mashed them all. So now we have mashed potatoes for another night.

Kitchen is clean, sink isn't really leaking today which totally confuses me. I peeled potatoes, did dishes twice, washed a big pot full of water and cleaned the sink 3 times and barely a drip. I want to be happy but I know the problem is still there. I tried to discuss fixing it with Mom who gave me attitude that I was doing it wrong even though it was what I saw on Youtube and what Home Hardware told me to do.

Mom was in quite the mood when I got home so I avoided her until she left for work. I won't lie I was annoyed she woke me up at 4:30 this morning when she was going to bed. She is complaining she does not feel well and is exhausted, then why were you going to bed at 4:30 am. I think we are going to have to have a talk, she seems to stay up all night, sleep all day, and talks a lot about doing thing around the house but they do not get done unless I do it. I get it she hates her life, but she needs to do something about it, I cannot fix it for her and I feel like I am stuck in the middle.

Going to relax now until bed time. Hope everyone has a wonderful evening.
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Thank you Giseledta, it means a lot. I was honestly ready to give up. I felt like I was stuck in a vicious circle I could not get out of, work wasn't going well, things are a mess at home and now money has become a huge issue. It just felt like I was never good enough and it was always my fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    hugs. hugs and more hugs
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Stay Strong @SassyAshley ! Better times will be coming!! Stay Strong!
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Thank you Good Boy
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It took most of the afternoon, but we dug all of the potatoes and carrots. Two 5 gallon buckets full of red skinned potatoes. One 5 gallon bucket full of carrots. I hurt. I’m hoping that I don’t get blisters on my hands. I wore my new garden gloves, but I spent hours running the spade in the dirt. The kids were pretty helpful. Lots of earth worms and lady bugs to play with. I have to weigh and bag what I’ll sell. I’ll fill one crisper drawer in our fridge with carrots to keep.

edit: I woke up last night with my right wrist hurting. My right wrist and arm are very sore this morning. I hope this goes away by tomorrow.
    I figure we have about 50lbs of red skinned potatoes. One of my regular tomato customers requested 20lbs, so I got his order ready last night. I scrubbed up all of the tiny baby carrots last night and have them in a container in the fridge. I had quite a few of them because I wasn’t careful enough when planting...they were hidden under potato plants. I also have a lot of nice sized and large carrots.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Oct 8th, 2019 at 08:40 AM.
    Horndogg, ROMEO, barbis9 and 8 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Afternoon beautifull day out today ,cut lawn and hung a load out

Popped into shoppers for 20% off family friends day got milk for 3.51-1,000 points =2.51 for 4 litres so I bought 2 -4litre bags
    fleecy 4.99-800 points=4.19 running low on fabric softner
    eggs 1.99 after 20% off plus a few other items spent 10.23 after my 10.00 voucher from seniors day a few weeks back

Got gas 111.6 and went to library and got magazines and my movies that are on hold .
    barbis9, Ciel, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Those darn mints!!! 😉

Name:  MAv9Kvv.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  11.2 KB

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Hi Everyone Today I did not feel very well.... I took 1 hours off school because I was doing a crisis of panicking and vomitting....not funny to much stuff to learn...well tomorrow is another day and I hope it will be ok ,.I have a holliday friday afternoon and monday so that is fun.Hope to catch up with stuff of school.Not so many deals in the upcoming flyers I am deceived...Off to take my shower and make my lunch for tomorrow because it is like that no choice....supper was take out of aw with coupons because I was so tired...have a good evening and night and rest of the week if i am not posting..I should work in my books 2 hours tonight but honestly i am tired so tired
    ROMEO, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I went to blood test last week because i had no time this week and dont want to miss school altrought I will miss 3 hours the october 31 for my abdominal x ray,,so stressed

I have an appointment for new glasses with optometrism next monday that will be costly but need it

one of my friend is no longer a good friend he deceived me a lot..so tired of his behaviors
    Horndogg, ROMEO, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@cath007 -Have you checked to see if your school's student association might cover part of your new glasses (or give you a small rebate)? Worth a look at your student health benefits plus also any student card business partnerships that offer student discounts if you get services or goods from them! Then you if you do get something back, you can claim the remainder of the cost as a medical tax credit on next year's income tax return.

I was told I could use new glasses (slight change from last year) but I updated my lenses last year. I will think about new glasses next summer, depending on how my eyes are as the current frames are almost 7 years old (but I still cannot find new frames I love).
    ROMEO, barbis9, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

So, I managed 6 days in October without pop. Then yesterday, I had to get the grape Zevia 6pk on sale at Fortinos (4.99). Tasted best cold as the stevia has an aftertaste sort of like when Diet Coke tastes funny or the sweetener seems off.
    And today, I could not resist buying a Dr. Pepper with a grilled sausage on a bun (vendor uses a great bun and toasted it just right-not too long). And since Fortino's has 12 can case pop for $3.99, I broke down and bought Mountain Dew Baja Blast and Dr. Pepper. I'll get through this long weekend on sugar...

As Winners had a multi-page spread at the back of the Oct./Nov. Cineplex magazine, I went to my local store to find the off-white knit dress with lace-up details on the sleeve ends (as seen one page). No luck at the Wilson St. West store but I got my happy-coat search on (yes I have a winter coat but I developed a *coat want* on one particularly bright zip-up style) as there is quite an improved assortment of parkas/jackets in-store. Good sock assortment ($9.99 is the new $8.99 pricing in 2019...) too. Saw two photo frames, each a different size. End cap facing back of store aisle was full of flannel bedding-predominately grey mix or grey print types. I could get depressed looking at those sets. I need cheery pastels with very little gray and no plaids or Buffalo checks. The blue and white snowflake set I saw last month is not on the shelves. Checked out men's clearance-decent selection of t-shirts and long sleeve shirts. Even glanced at Men's puffer and quilted jackets-there's a burnt orange Guess zip up coat for $99.99. I saw two t-shirts I'd like to have but will see if I have luck at this Friday's Thrift Store 50% off clothing sale (looking for similar finds at better prices).
    ROMEO, barbis9, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

One of those frozen bags of ground beef was pulled out of the freezer to thaw in the fridge last night. I was able to use the 500g portion for a second lunch (with the help of an Old El Paso dinner kit). The other portion will be used tomorrow for another batch of stuffed pepper soup.

Sibling finally cut most of the grass today. I deem October his turn to cut the grass--I've done more than enough cutting this year (tree branches, grass, vines...)

I recycled most of the flyers today before the recycling box was collected. I forgot to pull the expired McDonalds coupons (ended on Sunday) for the box.

I have no idea if our street will get a delivery of the community paper tomorrow or Thursday-otherwise I'll miss out on the coupon insert that @mcminsen posted about in the coupon scan thread.
    ROMEO, barbis9 and GoodBoy like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Monday I had fever you know it’s a good one when your hallucinating that cops have taken you away that looked like monsters. I was so out of it I don’t remember having conversations with my mom but I obviously phoned her (the caller ID on my phone said so). I must of had the fever for a few days because I was seriously really hot for several days AC and fan going like all the time. Then what sent me over the edge was a text message. This person wanted me to do a favour for them they couldn’t honestly complete themselves. I was absolutely livid. I said “no I cannot do that for you today if I cannot even take down my trash or even place the things I am doing and where.” They said in response “your just saying that to get out of it.” I said “I didn’t agree to do it in the first place you asked me how I was but it was like just had undertones or your doing it because I said so, not because I asked you before hand. I told you to begin with I am sick and have a fever so the answer was no and no. Don’t ask again.” Then there reply was “well if your that sick maybe you should go to the hospital.” Then I deleted the conversation and blocked the phone number. I was so mad why cannot people respect other people’s wishes.

Tuesday I felt much better I woke up feeling wonderful at 6am I went about my day I bought a pack of cigarettes off someone I sell them to lol. It was freaking freezing outside it rained on and off several times. But someone who said it was suppose to be nice outside was caught in the downpour. When big black clouds roll in and there is no sun and we live near the mountains chances are it’s going to rain. But seeing her come back looking like a wet dog was priceless, I couldn’t contain my laughter.

I went to no frills and bought:
    6x boxes of stove top for .87 =$5.22
    Orange crush 2L for $1 fees .25$
    No name corn chips $1.77
    5x Snapple kiwi and strawberry for $1=$5 + fees .40$
    Smoke house bacon $3.97
    Came to 18.01 including taxes.
    I paid with a $20 got $2 in change. Didn’t redeem points and didn’t collect any points.

I got an email saying if I shopped two more times at 7-11 rewards that I would be given 5000pts it has to be before 15th of October. What pisses me off about this program in order to redeem the points you have to do it through the app not just telling the clerk you like to redeem a free Slurpee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by greentires4me; Wed, Oct 9th, 2019 at 05:45 AM.
    Ciel likes this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information