User Tag List

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1424Likes

Thread: October 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread--jump into leaves!

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Would not suggest much leaf jumping today! Too soggy!
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    September Total Savings - $760.01

Babysitting
    $120

Stuff Sold
    $25

Garden
    $283

Coupons redeemed
    $98.17

10% off Tuesday @ Sobeys
    $5.69

CO51
    $20.65

Air Miles
    $10

PCO - No Frills
    $40

Amazon.ca - from Swagbucks
    $75

SCOP (amount item scanned for)
    $17.25

Gift cards received
    $10 Original Joe’s from Royale promo
    $25 Amazon.ca from interactive survey
    $20 Walmart gc received as a gift
    $10 Amazon.ca - Pampers rewards

Found Money
    $0.25
    Wow you are so organized! I'm jealous 😊

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Wow you are so organized! I'm jealous 
    Thank you. I started keeping track of it on this format starting in January 2019. It’ll be interesting to see what it is at the end of the year.
    barbis9, Ciel, SassyAshley and 1 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greentires4me View Post
    What do you all use your air miles for?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I use mine for groceries at Sobeys. I like that I earn AM on my prescriptions before my medical coverages are applied.
    barbis9, Ciel, SassyAshley and 1 others like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

wow angela awesome garden sales

This morning went to fortinos and got my turkey (son asked me to pick it up as they are hosting) but decided I will not charge him for it $24.10 that way I wont have to bring anything as I am providing the turkey -lol

Then went to a fellow canuckers home to chat and we both looked thru each other 's coupons(mind you I took more as she offered and I guess I don't have the newer ones ) I took some pkged cookies for her little ones (nice visit all around )

Tonight I am going to see "downtown abbey" by myself no way do I wan to miss this on the big screen ,plus I have a free ticket promo .I will treat myself to either popcorn or a tea /chocolate we will see .So I am wearing a gap grey dress my dear daughter gave me so nice and warm with my high boots (love getting dressed up ) you can tell I haven't been out in awhile - I so excited .

greentires4me -I use my air miles for items as they are locked into dream miles(I have 4,400 around that) mind you my coupon friend said I can transfer them over to reg miles not the dream miles but I am not sure on that ,I will find something eventually
    Last edited by coupon girl; Wed, Oct 2nd, 2019 at 04:19 PM.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey Guys! Idk if anyone in this thread would be interested, but there's a Skip the dishes promo for $10 off $30 minimum too! Code is AUTYUM

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I was reading recent SC Blog entries and failed to notice the Mandarin Buffet 50% off Senior's Day meal promo for Oct. 1. I'm certain my Mom and her friends would have been all over that promotion for lunch.

This afternoon, I have been pushing leaves out of catch basins or off sidewalks with fallen branches. Lots of broken limbs and fallen branches in town. Looks like another round of running over leaves with a mower is coming up for next week as this one will be wet for a few more days. And not one layer of asphalt on the closed Garner Rd W section-I went down to check it this afternoon. The City of Hamilton has been adding signs and construction pylons along Wilson St. E. I went to last night's information centre about the upcoming Oct.15-Nov. 28 sewer line lining project (underground).

Then I discovered prior to last night's meeting that via a tweet the nearby Starbucks at Wilson/Halson St. will be closing on Dec.27. Some customers have launched a Change petition to keep the store open.

The needs of students and residents in Hamilton who are low income are in three articles in today's Hamilton Spectator. One church-run food bank is closing soon, a report on the cost of a school day for low income youth discusses barriers some students have (to getting to school on time, access to laundry/shower facilities plus financial needs(for events,trips, daily meals)), and an east-end charity run on donations is seeing an increase in older adults accessing its meals and food programs.
    barbis9 and GoodBoy like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Went into Fortinos (did not bother checking the flyer) and noticed Twinings teas on sale for $3.99 so got a herbal tea variety pack and decaf English Breakfast for the cooler nights ahead plus Clover leaf flavoured tuna (88cents each) and the 2020 Macleans college special guide ($12.99-but I need the latest info on the programs and career prospects). October issue of Alive magazine was found in Nature's Health dept. Reduced pack of 5 oranges will perk up breakfast time ($2.49-can zest the peels too for baking use).

I have not been able to find the manual for a pump that needs oiling--and sibling was no help. I have to see if I took it and left it in my room. Manuals are generally kept in two spots-main floor appliances and gadgets-old tv stand; outdoor and basement appliances have manuals in a dedicated box downstairs. I noticed we have the carpet installation instructions from the store when the carpet was delivered back in 1985--have to see if the carpet will come up soon or become next year's heave-ho project. I still am partial to an Ikea rug I saw in a catalogue but realized the living room would need at least one smaller area rug then some underpadding. The sofa and loveseat hit the 5 yr mark about a week ago--Mom had said five years ago that when the furniture reached that age, it'd be up to me to get replacements. I'm not going to remind her yet--will wait when I have a big value prize cheque or prepaid gift card to back up any proposed changes in furniture.

Saturday morning is my time to get the vacuum cleaner out for the fridge and pantry semi-annual cleaning and chase everything that needs oiling. Maybe do a quick wall and ceiling washing too as I won't have family around to get in the way. There are two portable lights that need bulbs changed and I have to see if the sole table lamp languishing in basement still works or if it was the one that had a bulb misfire/smoke issue (the other lamp has been pitched away some years ago). Living room needs two more lamps and the overhead fixture near the door needs a better replacement.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Giseledta _thanks for alerting us about the CUPE strike date--I'm sure there will be many parents/guardians scrambling for care arrangements if they did not make them during the Sept. 20 PA day.

For SCers near a Loblaws and holding a PC Optimum card-did you see the bonus points offer on turkeys over on the SC blog?
    Angela273, barbis9 and GoodBoy like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Angela273 -does this news affect your solar panel? https://twitter.com/CdnChange/status...56891778424833

I was looking at the Cdn Change Twitter account and saw the post.
    Angela273 and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Sobeys (ON) e-mail-7 day offer, can be used to a max of 5 times per Air Miles collector-100 bonus AM wub $200 in Sobeys gift cards. Offer in effect Oct. 3 to Oct. 9, 2019.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Loved loved downtown abbey ,I had a free coupon for the show ,but I did splurge on popcorn with butter (very costly for a small bag) but it was very much enjoyed .
    super_e, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Early start today as it is garbage day! (does that really deserve and exclamation mark? ).

Noticed early that two of my neighbours were still sound asleep so got their bins out as well as mine. Rain started just as I was finishing.

Nothing too much on the agenda today, but will do a quick shop at NF and then at FreshCo, before a larger shop tomorrow.

I love being able to walk to all the stores.

Enjoy the day and stay warm!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @Angela273 -does this news affect your solar panel? https://twitter.com/CdnChange/status...56891778424833
    I was looking at the Cdn Change Twitter account and saw the post.
    We are ok because we already have ours installed and have a signed contract with SaskPower.
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Can anyone advise on the 2L Lasagna from M&M Food market? I usually make my own but for $7.99 I may buy one for DS (he debated getting it at a restaurant when we were on vacation) I just can't be bothered for the time and cost and if this one is good I would like to get for him to try.
    Ciel likes this.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information