User Tag List

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree1424Likes

Thread: October 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread--jump into leaves!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

I don't quite know where to put this...so here goes.
    BEEF AND VEAL RECALL...includes Walmart
    Walmart, Pusateri's named in CFIA's updated beef and veal products recall
    https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/walmar...call-1.4640146

The list is here:
    https://www.inspection.gc.ca/about-t.../1571192124399
    barbis9, Ciel and cath007 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    So glad to hear about your bone density results.
    I was thrilled! I’ve been taking this blood thinner for 12yrs and it’s still being studied for
    its long term side effects. As far as I know, I’m the person in Sk who has been on this medication the longest and is still living. My Hemitologist refers to my health when he prescribes this medication for other patients.
    wendymac, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Afternoon -I was gonna go visit my brother in the hospital (yes he is back in) with my sister-in-law but she said nope as she deals with IBS ,but asked me if I would get her a few groceries at metro as they sell the gluten free bread etc she needs

I spent 51 for her got 11 airmiles a few were personal bonus ones (she wrote me a cheque) and thanked me I spent $26 and got 10 airmiles ,I also found a few of the premium plus cracker 1.00 cpn at metro was so happy the pad wasn't all ripped off one side was ,but not the other so I took about 6 pretty happy about that coupon as I have never seen a preium plus cracker cpn in all my 30 years of couponing .

Supper tonight lasagna and buns .
    wendymac, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Ugh my iPhone erased my post...I am going to throw it out the window in a second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dinner done and kitchen clean.
    Car cleaned out.
    Laundry on the go.
    Dropping DS at the arena soon.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    garlic is planted. compost is ready for the winter. i need to get a bale of straw....
    Would there be any stores that had straw to promote their bushels of apples or peppers be willing to give you their straw? Just a thought.

I have not thought about covering the garden with anything. Was pleased I picked up the remaining green tomatoes and put them into the green bin for today's collection. I'm letting the basil plant and alyssum remain in their spots. I have some random bulbils in growth mode still and that mystery green ball of leaves (looks like a fuzzy cabbage) in a couple of spots. Feel like the plants can help fix whatever minerals in the soil over the cold months-I'm done with weeding.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

What rain this morning! It meant I was not stepping outside except for lulls to collect the containers. My head aches now and then--fun with atmospheric pressure. Mom's been feeling it for days.
    Finished a book that needed to be returned today--oh, such insights into humanity!

Thanks @wendymac for the beef recall notice. No mention of Walmart's ground beef, so my frozen meat is safe for now. Had not realized how extensive the beef cuts were in that recall.

Bit miffed at finding out that the navy cardigan wool sweater has some white sort of gluelike stains on the front of the sweater after letting it dry flat for a few days.Did not see it (stains)in the store nor before doing hand laundry. I'd save the metal buttons if I tossed the sweater. Mom suggested I rewash it with dish detergent-not a task I want for today. Will give it a go tomorrow morning. I had to toss out the cotton blend tank top-$2 out the door. I'm loath to admit defeat on the $3.50 sweater-rare combo fibre/style.

The community paper bundle was without Walmart and Longo's flyers. Checked the Len's Mill flyer on Save and the Toronto store has a two week fabric sale and the tent sale has yarn at all 11 locations on sale. Wow...road trip to Toronto?

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I worked at home today as we had a late trip home last night. The weather was a shock and I had left a window open so the house was cold. DH was able to get the gas fireplace in order and that took the chill off. We like to see how long we can wait to turn on the furnace and my super low gas bill encourages us to wait it out. Tonight I was in overdrive getting stuff done. Sheets washed and the warm blankets back on the bed. The freezer is cleaned out and I can see what we have. Thawed some ground beef and ground sausage. Tonight I made mince and tomorrow we will make a big batch of meatballs. Meals for the rest of the week are planned. I also ran out for groceries as I had too many good PC offers to try and save just 4. Now off to sleep.
    wendymac, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Lights were flickering when I was brushing my teeth this morning. On the drive to DS's school many traffic lights were out as well as his school.
    It's very windy here today (picked up my neighbours pop cans off my lawn this morning! our recycling bins were not picked up on Tuesday so everyone has left them out hoping they come around)so I'm sure that is why the power is out. I hope it is on at lunch since I hope to pop in at No Frills for the bacon
    Ciel and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I am sick today so I took the afternoon off I will explain why later too tired for now and nauseous will go to sleep
    Ciel and coupon girl like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Okay so my iPhone erased my content yesterday so I will try again today.

I received an amazon package which included an old school microphone, patch cord, keyboard key stickers, 5 USB blocks with two USB ports, a surge protector power bar with 4 USB ports with a 6 ft cord. I order lots of these separately but they were shipped together. I picked up my parcel from the pick up point at shoppers drug mart it was a parcel from Toronto Hemp company. On the Canada post website it said it was still in East York so I had no idea that it was here already. In the box I order was a black with green zip pipe case, 2 juicy jay birthday cake rollies, 5 juicy jay milk chocolate Rollie’s and 2 free THC stickers which it’s there logo stickers.

I’m waiting on mulitple packages From amazon.

As well as my sample source box it said it was shipped, but I don’t remember when it said that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ciel and cath007 like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went to No Frills on my lunch for the $2 bacon. Bought 10 x $2 for $20 and redeemed $20 in points. Not much left glad I went when I did.
    Totally helps making a cheap dinner for under $5! to feed us all. (bacon/eggs/home fries/hashbrowns/toast)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Afternoon didnt go anywhere today -was running to the ladies room this morning .
    Sticking to the brats plan -I ate banana ,toast, black tea and applesauce today
    barbis9 and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@coupon girl I went to the new Food Basics with pharmacy on Upper James St (at Mohawk Rd) and yay, it stocks Ozonol ointment too! Bought 2 tubes-5 are left on the shelf. Much brighter lighting in the store like Walmart Ancaster. Very cold in the store-dress in layers! There's a centre aisle with beer and wine now.

As I had some time to wait for my bus back home from the Meadowlands, I had enough minutes to peruse flannel bedding at Homesense Ancaster (beautiful soft butter yellow solid flannel-Queen size-by Elias (Made in Portugal) but other sets were grey or grey and white combinations). Not much colour in flannel sets; Dormisette (German brand) grey plaid variations were seen and the dark charcoal gray Woolrich sets (in centre aisle on way to cash) were spotted. Marshalls has less selection but about the same sets. Did see two white City flannel sets with green deer outlines but the prices on the King and Full sets were wrong. Someone had swapped them-no way is a Full set $44.99 and a King set $34.99. Marshalls does have a decent assortment of winter puffers and parkas at regular price plus sales racks behind the regular coats. Did not see blazers except on the Plus size rack (two!) and checked out the dresses on the racks (mostly summer or sweater type tunics or dresses).

Took my bus to Walmart to get the flyers (and look around a bit-no more 97 cent celery-actually did not see any celery!) and walked to Longos for the flyer (and $8 in groceries as I found some reduced price bakery items, Minigo at $1.99 (Oct 19 date) and red pears (reduced to $2.37 for 5 on the reduced produce racks). Longos is selling an orange Halloween treat bag with carry sack and small D-ring for $2.96 at the Personal Touch counter (was $3.96). I was tempted to get a bag but since I forgot my own bag at home, I spent 5 cents for a regular plastic bag. Did not spot any Monopoly game pieces blowing around in the wind on my walk home.

After a lunch of pumpkin chocolate chip loaf ($1.99 reduced at Longos; it was $5.99) and tea, I vacuumed the living room and sorted the recycling and took out the trash. Had a 20 cent bottle to return on my walk to the library. Also got the No Name lemon aerosol furniture polish ($3.74 sale at Fortinos) as the Method furniture wipes (almond scent was pleasant)I bought were dried out (even going down to about 10 wipes, there was barely a dot of moisture on the lower wipes). Plan to polish the wooden surfaces tomorrow morning as part of the semi-annual show and shine effort.

As Rexall has the stamp offer starting tomorrow, I plan to get some stamps in the morning before we run out (we are down to about 3-4 P-stamps and some small value stamps). If weather is decent, I'll pop into the shoe store to see if there's anything I can buy for winter and visit Lime Ridge Mall to see what's left of Forever 21 and see what Hudson's Bay has too.

Baby Brezza is showing as 1/2 off in the Babies R US flyer-just under $60. I noticed that Indigo Chapters carries a line of Baby Brezza sets and accessories-never knew that (online only it seems). I would have liked one unit last year to deal with cooking veggies and meat for my late father, so as to shorten cooking times for single portions. I suggested my Mom get one unit for her sister who has to puree food for her ill husband but Mom said her sister uses a fork to mash his food.
    barbis9, coupon girl and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Sales to note:
    Fabricland (ON region 1) has a one day yarn sale on Saturday Oct. 19.
    Ancaster-Girl Guides will be selling their choco-mint cookies in front of Food Basics from 10am to 1pm on Sat. Oct. 19
    Today-Rickis at Lime Ridge mall is doing a Happy Hour Promo from 4pm to close: 40% off new arrivals https://www.cfshops.com/lime-ridge/n...nts/Ricki.html
    Rexall has 10% off stamp packs (some stores will sell US and International sets too)starting Friday Oct. 18.

Value Village-their Halloween return policy (for new costumes?) ends tomorrow.
    Last edited by Ciel; Thu, Oct 17th, 2019 at 04:19 PM.
    barbis9 and cath007 like this.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information