User Tag List

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 LastLast
Like Tree1424Likes

Thread: October 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread--jump into leaves!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    A good shopping morning. Started with a Starbucks coffee to enjoy while wandering The Beach area of Toronto. Then into a craft shop to order a custom sized bookshelf. Then into Foodland to stock up on the Bear Naked granola on sale. Ended up at Nutty Chocolatier to stock up on British food and sweets. A couple of Scotch Pies will be dinner. All just within the two hour TTC transfer window, so only one fare. All in all a very good morning.
    One transit fare story rep!
    I had to look online to see if TTC day passes will still exist for November. They will--I may get one for mid-November rather than toting a whole roll of loonies and a roll of quarters to bop around Toronto as it were (being a Sunday, I anticipate some of the subway system won't be operating and I want to go to Glendon College's open house).
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    follow up to the freezer... sigh..
    if anyone wants to send me price matching ideas for meat.. please do .
    i will be going to RCSS on sat am.
    Hugs on your freezer toss out. 13 bags and tags--much tea will help to ease the pain!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Managed to keep to intended departure time this morning. First bus almost swept by me despite one advance arm swinging with reflective band/light on then second frantic waving as driver was about to pass me by. Got to a church service right on time. Started my walk afterwards and stopped at various stores, especially at the Brant Power Centre. No luck finding my dream flannel sheet set at Marshall's but I noticed that the store has a few prints (buffalo check aka red and black check) I have not seen at other TJX affliated stores. Not much for twin or full sizes--queen size seems favoured. Sobeys was a lovely diversion-layout is almost like the Ancaster store but napkins are in meat dept (Compliments branded cups, dinner napkins and plates then again in the baking aisle 4...not an end cap like at my regular store). Right after Sobeys, I had to visit Indigo for a couple of magazines. Noticed a few titles not carried that I had seen at the Burlington Centre store but the power centre location has more options for sewists/knitters/crafters. There's a UK issue called My Image (just over $20) that looks interesting with included patterns--maybe in January I'll get an issue. Bought Sew News and Reader's Digest. Trotted downtown (no luck finding Monopoly pieces thought I came across some cups/bags) to get my free magazines and cans redeemed. Once I got to the library, I relished seeing how much time I could spend online. I don't want to leave but the weather has held off on any rain. Sky is watery looking so I may be in for a soaking later...

It's October 30 already. I'll need tea tonight. I'd love to know if there's any Visa gift card win in say the next 10 days from the contests I have been entering. I want to maximize my Toronto trip day with possibly a museum visit and at least one EU Film Fest movie, though that would be a very long day plus running to catch a train or bus back to Hamilton and then getting two buses back home. Plus allow for a modest (under $20) meal during the day...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Hugs on your freezer toss out. 13 bags and tags--much tea will help to ease the pain!

garbage bag tags are 2.50 here. each.
    i am having a second full caffine tea today. sigh. freezer is nearly totally wiped down. sigh.
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I am alarmed at City of Hamilton even thinking of reducing trash collection to biweekly (I'm sure it will be one container or bag per residential house (as it has been for about three years) but not that the logic is applied to townhouse condo surveys as I've seen heaps of garbage) plus I don't know what council intends about the trash tags (12 free and you can ask for additional 14 more for your one year allotment).

All it will take is for a resident to get ill and needing to put a second or third bag of trash that has to go out and a really hot day to send home the message that waiting for collection every other week is not going to work. Councillors' phones will be perpetually busy as a result!

And if any councillor wants to to charge for the trash tags, there will be massive dumping of trash.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Stojo, the brand with the collapsible silicon coffee cup, is sold at Simons. Choice of three colours but check online for availability at your closest store. Not all colours are at all stores. Wonder if the coffee stores that allow refillable coffee mugs have been seeing lots of Stojo cups in customers' hands?
    Giseledta, lilo0003 and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Must scoot and head back home. Peeked at the Weather Network and there's a rainfall alert for Burlington. Ciel does not want soaking...
    Giseledta, lilo0003 and cath007 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

My daughter lives in Toronto in a house with her family of 3 and they put one large bin out every 2 weeks but the other large containers go out every week for cardboard and bottles ,they can use plastic grocery store bags too in their organic food bin (wish we could as I refuse to buy organic waste bags) .She told me they manage ,I guess if we had to we would too .

I just read in the spec that city taxes will go up unless they can keep costs down like charging for blue boxes etc

I just made bran muffins ,half have chocolate chips in them -lol
    Last edited by coupon girl; Wed, Oct 30th, 2019 at 04:15 PM.
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good afternoon everyone!"!!!!! Still in pain but less
    Father insurance is accepted and it is ok
    I took an life insurance too and I will be thinking to do my testament papers just to be sure
    receive a sample of perfume x2 dont remember where I sign up for this one but a nice surprise
    Sky is bizzare maybe we will have rain...rain tomorrow for sure grr ...halloween will be celebrated friday because of that

Had a light lunch and supper will be leftovers from the 2 last days
    I must kick my butt to do cleaning and work in my books,no ambitions because of the pain
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I had a filling done on the 15 of oct and he told me if it persists to be a dull pain for 20 seconds or more I may need root canel ,so cath dental work is not that fun and expensive also

I will give myself one more week(I want to make sure) and then I will contact my dentist
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    I am alarmed at City of Hamilton even thinking of reducing trash collection to biweekly (I'm sure it will be one container or bag per residential house (as it has been for about three years) but not that the logic is applied to townhouse condo surveys as I've seen heaps of garbage) plus I don't know what council intends about the trash tags (12 free and you can ask for additional 14 more for your one year allotment).

All it will take is for a resident to get ill and needing to put a second or third bag of trash that has to go out and a really hot day to send home the message that waiting for collection every other week is not going to work. Councillors' phones will be perpetually busy as a result!

And if any councillor wants to to charge for the trash tags, there will be massive dumping of trash.

here we have a charge on our property taxes.. that charge provides us with 45 tags ( charge is more then the cost of the tags ) there is no limit to how many you can put out... but you need a tag per bag.
    the next biggest town ( we are a small town) has a 4 bag per week limit ....

my town als o goes to biweely garbage collect from Nov to May 1 I think... recyling is weekly...
    Angela273, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@Giseledta I have nightmares about this, sorry you lost the contents of the freezer. Hopefully you get all the meat offers for PCO. @Ciel Halton has had a three bag limit with bi weekly garbage for years. I think it’s good because it forces you to compost and recycle. They are picked up weekly. We can pay for extra but we have never needed to and if our neighbours want to add a bag to ours it’s fine because we rarely have more than 1 bag. I am very diligent about recycling and composting so we often have less than half a bag of garbage. The small renovation we did this year is paying off. We still have not turned on the furnace and only had the fireplace on once when we had left windows open and returned after a weekend away to a chilly house. The house is 22 degrees and I still have our bedroom window open when I am sleeping.
    Last edited by lilo0003; Wed, Oct 30th, 2019 at 09:17 PM.
    ROMEO, Ciel, coupon girl and 4 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Today I had to do laundry I did 2 loads and just as I was downstairs doing my 2 loads in the washers it never fails everyone wants to do there’s too. I am getting sick of people who do there laundry twice a week and those of us who wait until we absolutely have to have to wait after them as they barely fill up the washer maybe like 5 items at a time which is not logical at all. I always fill the washers and use tide pods people who use liquid soap use way too much and I am sick of seeing people sud out of the laundry room because they don’t read instructions on the bottle. Even staff don’t know how to do laundry I watch as they pull the laundry card too quickly or yell it in different language because it’s beeping at them.

One of the staff told me to move to the new modular because they get free laundry, 3 meals a day free and I asked why would I do that? I pay money for the food that I like to eat and laundry soap I like to use and pay for the credits for the laundry machines. It would be a step down to be honest. I know how to budget. I said just because you don’t know how to treat any of us as people just like you maybe you should quit your job and work at McDonald’s to learn how to treat people instead of making cracks about them to their face. He started to laugh as he thought it was funny by that time more residents were around listening to what he was saying towards me and my response. I said just because your asshole in this world next life you’ll be down on your luck wishing others saw you as a human being.

I received in the mail was amazon order, save.ca coupons and perfume sample.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ciel, cath007 and GoodBoy like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning !!!! I am not in pain anymore so that is a great news!!!! Rainy day today ,yuck...
    Heading to my radiogprahie soon and then breakfest and school
    I slept 10 hours last night boy so much needed ,I feel rested and great this morning!!!!
    Wishing everyone an awesome day!!!
    After appointement we will go paid for the rent of november (appartement)

Happy Halloween!!! Enjoy it!!!!
    Ciel, SassyAshley and GoodBoy like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Have Spoooktacular day eveyone! @cath007 so glad to hear you are feeling better! @SassyAshley , I hope you once again give yourself some well deserved downtime this weekend!

Cheerio!
    Ciel, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread Information