User Tag List

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree1602Likes

Thread: November 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread (clock changes for many)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    My partner also had a PE following a blood clot in his leg, scary stuff. He too is off work and has to be careful. Which migraine medication are you using? (Pm me please). Health is wealth as the saying goes. Glad that you are both improving. Welcome back to the forum.
    Think sibling has a similar issue or at least did in July. Plus another issue that arose last month. So far he's not taken time off and there's that odd coughing 11 weeks now.
    barbis9, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Breakfast was a bowl of Tostitos Rounds (after 5am) then later a can of Campbells Butter Chicken. Since I woke up early, I had to ask sibling (who had gone to bed early last night) if he had work--so I was his alarm clock. Watched some morning show coverage to get a sense of the weather, washed the dishes and swept floor.

Had perused the community paper and flyers last night-ESC Coffee will have the 50 cents mix and match K-cup promo starting tomorrow. The store did this same offer about three weeks ago.

Longos has a TYR member price of $3.99 for a box of clementines in the new flyer. Easy snack idea!

A Passion for Living (Centre on Barton, formerly of Ancaster) is closing for good. Saw the ad in the paper.

Plan is to head to Sobeys in a few minutes in quest of the quinoa that I have not found in Ancaster yet and maybe redeem one of my Air Miles offers to get entered in the weekly gift card draw (though I really don't want to carry a jar of jam or almond milk since other offers are higher priced ones and the pop deal is gone!). Then scoot back to the library before any of the promised rain comes down.

So far it's overcast, dry and breezy in town! Liking the conditions so far and hoping it keeps up during lunch time!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yay-I did find the $4.99 Quinte Quinoa (400g) in Sobey's Natural Foods dept but it's not in the Grains section. You have to go to the Pasta & Sauces area. Noticed a larger bag (900g) is selling for $12.99. Picked up a can of Zevia Cola and a tetra of Blue Diamond Almond Coconut milk to score some bonus (8) Air Miles. Gave $1 to the Salvation Army kettle. Picked up the Air Miles Shop Around the Block booklet at the Customer Service desk.

Found three empty containers to redeem for 30 cents. While I did spot some McDonald's packaging with Monopoly print, no game stamps were found. The rain started on my walk back from the Meadowlands.

Have read today's Spectator and plan on buying a copy for home-some content might interest the family.

The construction all over this town is upsetting (mud, debris on sidewalks, lumpy asphalt patches where applied). Holes for the Bell Fibe service are everywhere. Wilson St. E. is still impacted until Nov. 22 then I believe all equipment will be on the Radial Line to work on remaining wastewater pipeline lining.
    barbis9, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Well seniors day here I come, spent over 100.00,got 10,000 points also and redeemed 20.00.I got a few lovely xmas giftsets for the guys,toy for cara and I treated myself to a "reversa gift set" as hubby and I don't exchange gifts it was 49.95-20% I paid 39.95-20.00=19.95 it has my moisturizer plus night crème and cleanser and a plumping concentrate .

So nice to treat myself -I feel I deserve it .
    G ee my arthritus in my one knee is killing me so I am icing it and using volatren(which I bought today too with a 2.00 cpn.

I saved 16.50 in coupons so that made my day also .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Thu, Nov 21st, 2019 at 02:04 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

They have a Samsung tablet on sale at Walmart for 149$ it’s 32GB and 2GB RAm. On their black Friday event which started this morning in my town at 7am. It’s a really good deal usually this device is 200$ or more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

At Walmart Black Friday sale I got 50 piece Rubbermaid containers for $10. Usually they are like $25.

I am waiting on package.

Last edited by greentires4me; Thu, Nov 21st, 2019 at 02:28 PM.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier evening everyone!!! Happy that tomorrow is friday !!!!! Its been a long insane week of school.I learned that the % of absences is 10% of the time you are in school so no the hollidays are not counted in the hours...so it is less hours...not happy....I hope it will be motivated when I will have my dentist appointement for tooths repairs because otherwhise my appointement will have to be the evening and the evening I am stressed and tired...will see...I won 1000 pc points on the app with the christmas game this morning,he better than nothing..
    My friend Claudia work in wm and she tell on her facebook yesterday that she did a shopping + grocery and a man paid her things at the till..so nice..I hope it will happen to me too ..some generous paying forward person out there!!!
    I was so tired yesterday,I was on bed at 8:00 Pm wow...

2 awesome deals brag I made yesterday where
    Metro I was not sure it would work but it did altrought I had to chat with the cashier... with the peelie buy 3 tostitos get 1 12 pack of pepsi free the store had a buy 2 get a 1 tostitos chip free and the peelies where on the bags anyway...so I passed 1 peelie (1 per custumer) and got 4 products for 7$ free chips(3,50$) and free pop pepsi(5,99$) so score If I would had know before I would had doing it more time this week ...
    Super C had light life bacon for 2,97$ reg:4,99$ and I had 2 x 2,50$ off coupons to use so =0,47$ each!!! best price to try something new since the compagny did not send me a fpc grr

alright time to relax,have a good night and evening everyone!!!
    I see at wm that 8?? ml are in sale at 1,47$ palmolive dish detergent and I have 4x1,00$ colgate coupons from compagny to pass before they expire so a good price.
    Last edited by cath007; Thu, Nov 21st, 2019 at 06:25 PM.
    Ciel, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

evening -our power was out from 5.30 til 6.35 an accident in our area I heard ,good thing we had supper early .Then son stoped in with both girls and cooked here as they finished eating the lights went out ,so cara and Ashlyn were having fun with no lights on ,I didn't light candles just 2 flashlights .

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Wow lots of PE's and migraines. Thankful for unexpected support groups!!!
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I think I will bake apple cakes this week end to use up my apples .I found 2 easy delicious recepies on natasha kitchen
    https://natashaskitchen.com/apple-ca...Vji4sWLMtbbRmg

https://natashaskitchen.com/apple-co...VEMQ4Dd-DIyMuM

just need to go to dollarama to purchase the cake round shape mold
    Last edited by cath007; Thu, Nov 21st, 2019 at 10:29 PM.
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Someone signed for my amazon package I ordered chocolate covered pretzels, hart’s war blue ray, and tin of whole bean kicking horse coffee it was on sale.

I sold the kicking horse coffee for $10 I paid $8.50.

I got more samples of tide pods so if anyone else wants coupons just message me.

Walmart has the instant pot on sale for $60 I am kicking myself for not getting it.

I think I will wait until 7am then go to Walmart and get an instant pot if there’s any left.

Last edited by greentires4me; Fri, Nov 22nd, 2019 at 08:37 AM.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I take rizatriptan ODT for migraines if anyone needs to know

barbis9, Ciel and cath007 like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Oh I have some good news, exciting news actually I woke up in no pain. I don’t know how to express elation other then tell you I paid $18 for 30 tabs basically a months worth of meloxicam. It’s anti inflammatory for osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. The cold air ruined it when I went outside to buzz staff to talk to them and also to be buzzed through the second door/fire door.

But I am in no pain as I sit here writing this the cold air may have ruined it for 5mins.

Last edited by greentires4me; Fri, Nov 22nd, 2019 at 08:48 AM.
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 2 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning got up early today 5.00 a.m so was out the door at 7.30 for blue Friday spent $140.00 I needed a lot of stuff but got 422 airmiles I forgot to give her the airmiles shop block cpn ,so thought they could add it they cant because of all the bonus airmiles .They would have had to return everthing and re-ring it in my order was so huge I said no worries I am sure I will spent 50 before dec 27 and then use it .

One deal was lous ribs 2.99 expire on sat ,so will use up today for supper
    chex ceral 3.49-20% personal offer =2.79
    I was almost out of coffee so 2 melitta 12.99 plus 100 airmiles -4.00 checkout51=8.99 for the coffee each
    I will give my daughter 2 boxes of the cherrios as I don't need the 5 plus since moving in the house their financial situation has changed so I don't mind helping out

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Friday!! It is snowing here.

Youngest DS and I are home tonight so I asked him if he would like me to pick up Chinese on my way home from work. He said yes! We haven't had it in a long time and it is our fav.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information