User Tag List

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1602Likes

Thread: November 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread (clock changes for many)

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Christmas plans are either good and well on their well or no idea. So far I am making gifts for the following:
    Bro and Sister in law - Making a Marriage "Blanket" with their wedding date, this is done except the Boarder
    Cousin and Wife - Also making a Marriage "Blanket" with their wedding date, again done just need to add a boarder
    Niece is getting 2 gifts - Making her a Birth Announcement Blanket plus I made her a unicorn blanket as she is older and birth announcement is more of a keepsake but would feel weird making them for her bros and not her. I am just started hers last night , Unicorn blanket is almost done just need to add the ears and the horn
    Nephew - Making a Birth Announcement Blanket - his is done just need to add a boarder, think I might also get him a small toy or something not sure yet
    Nephew to come this Friday - Will also be getting a Birth Announcement Blanket but I cannot start until Friday as I need his weight and name for the blanket and at last chat with cousin they still have not chosen a name

I have started on Mom's stocking but not her main gift, I have no idea what to get her this year. She keeps mentioning things she wants but let's be real they are super expensive and she still only working part time so my budget is limited as I just gave her more $$$ last week.

Dad and Step Mom, I am thinking of putting together a gift basket of snacks and drinks they can take with them when they go skiing, they rent a place and spend most weekends there. So I am thinking of like Hot Chocolates, Mocha Mixes and some little nibble snacks to go with their drinks.

Bro and his GF I have no ideas for, they live in a little Condo so they don't really wants things or stuff and they prefer the finer things in life which I just cannot afford.

I also have no ideas for Sis, she prefers the finer things in life but has a smaller budget so she put a lot of these things on her Christmas list but again I just cannot afford it.

I will start to really get down to planning next week as this week is going to be a little insane for me, I have a lot going on at work this week.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

SassyAshley it sounds like you have a great crafty start on your Christmas gifts. I used to do lots of crafts when I was younger. Some years I have made tons of Christmas treats as gifts.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

well getting all ingrediants for my 5 recepies was expensive sigh....i got 5600 points for spending more than 50$ this time ..put me ok to do a 10$ redemption next time..Next time I will go to where my aunt go for their spices mr vrac where your bring your containers because spices are crazy expensive in grocery store
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

angela -my daughter believes in experiences and not much toys -they buy sebastian age 3 very little or toys from mom to mom groups or books. They bought a pass to Toronto zoo in summer for a year as they are 30 minute drive from there .My daughter was talking all about finances when I sat chatting with her the other day ,she is so on top of everything ,she has to be as living in the house is a bit more costly than the condo was .My daughter said if you wish for an idea show passes are great as a xmas gift .
    My dear son has a wife who loves to spend ,so I worry about them sometimes.

I am already done Sebastian(3) for his toys for xmas ,half done Ashlyn(6) and I am thinking about cara(almost 2 ) plus I tend to give a few articles of clothing if I see a great deal

My hubby and I don't buy for each other and I am fine with that -I still fill stockings for my grown kids just got degree deodorant for 1.99-1.50 cpn=.49 at shoppers and I shared 2 coupons with the nice cashier .

My son and daughter I usually buy something for the house they need but I haven't had any hints yet .
    I am glad I started for the grandkids and I buy every toy I get them on sale

I am still doing laundry and supper will be lasagna and fresh rolls I just bought
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sun, Nov 3rd, 2019 at 01:38 PM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

well at maxi and cie halloween decorations are in clearance with good prices but dont need it
    Christmas stuff is already there but no deals yet
    I saw fruits cakes and Vachon Log (9,00$ outch) but I have 3 vachon free coupon to use in december....last year the logs where 6,99$???
    I regret to had use 1 and trade the other one vachon coupon fpc when I saw the price of the log wow so expensive
    Pumpkins are curently cooking and then I will bake..smell good!!!!
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I spent $44.xx at NF, $2.50 in coupons, $2 CO51, redeemed $30 in points, 4,900pts earned from personal offers. Picked up lots of fruits (apples, bananas 50% off, pmd strawberries + points offer, pmd grapes + points offer, and fresh mushroom). I plan on redeeming a steak rain check on Tuesday. We can eat steak and mushrooms for supper on Wednesday.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The stars aligned for me at SDM today. Was originally lured in by 2000 points when you buy two LifeBrand vitamins. Needed a restock anyway so though why not. Checked the app and also found 10000 points WUS 30$ and 1200 points on each 6$ LB vitamins - both personal offers. So ...

1 LB Vitamin at $9.99
    2 LB Vitamin at $10.49

Before tax $30.97 - with tax $35.00

Received:
    10000 points + 6000 points + 2000 points + 450 points

So in total 18450 points on a $35.00 after tax spend on things that will keep until 2022 and are needed anyway. Will not complain.

Now will put my feet up, have a few brews and watch some telly!

Cheerio!
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Sun, Nov 3rd, 2019 at 03:27 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    The stars aligned for me at SDM today. Was originally lured in by 2000 points when you buy two LifeBrand vitamins. Needed a restock anyway so though why not. Checked the app and also found 10000 points WUS 30$ and 1200 points on each 6$ LB vitamins - both personal offers. So ...

1 LB Vitamin at $9.99
    2 LB Vitamin at $10.49

Received:

So in total 18450 points on a $35.00 after tax spend on things that will keep until 2022 and are needed anyway. Will not complain.

Cheerio!
    omg. that is amazing
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    It has been a pretty productive weekend even though I woke up with back spasms yesterday. I still managed to get quite a bit done.

I have baked the following:
    Crustless Strawberry Pie
    Banana Muffins
    Nanny's "Apple Pie"
    Soon Homemade Potato Buns (these are proofing now, just need to bake them off)

I have also cleaned and kept the kitchen clean, if only others would see if you clean as you go it is not this huge job at the end.

I also partially cleaned the bathroom, I was worried doing the floor would be a little too much on my back so I will tackle that one night after work.

I also put away a bunch of random stuff that has been left in upstairs hallway, they are all grocery or Costco purchased that have just not been put away so again I did what I could. There are still a few more thing to go but I would have had to bend to put those items away and again I was worried about my back so they can be tackled this week.

Laundry is done, folded and put away.

I also wrapped all of the Banana Muffins for quick grab and go snacks for the week. I also broke down the hot dogs we bought at Costco into serving sizes and put them in the freezer. I still need to break down the package of pepperettes I bought, I will individual wrap and freeze as I like grabbing those for my lunch as a treat.

I have also done some random tidying up, just grabbing things and putting them where they should be.

I have started niece's blanket for Christmas, hoping to have it done by the end of the week, so next week I start on the new baby's blanket as he comes on Friday.

I have to say I am really starting to feel better mentally, about 2 weeks ago I went back to trying not to work after work and not working on weekends and I think it is really helping. I really struggling with feeling like there is never enough time and when I work 24/7 it only gets worse as then I feel like I have no time off and I think more than anything it is mental thing were I just feel so run down. This weekend I got more done than I have in months yet some how I still feel more rested than other weekends where I also worked but done less.

I have to take one more trip out of town before the end of the year but my plan is to come up with a to do list for around the house and trying to tackle one thing each night and see how far it gets me. I also need to talk to Mom and see if she has a plan she has told bro he can bring his dog to Christmas but our house is anything but dog ready so I want to see what her plan is. I am hoping her plan is not hoping I know this and I just get it done as that is not going to happen. I am more than willing to help but I will not do it alone. I did not make this mess alone and I will not clean it up alone. I really wish she would just see if she helped me, I am willing to get it done but not alone. I cannot keep trying to do it all alone just to keep her happy.

Alright well off to sip my warm lemon water and am watching the live action version of Beauty and the Beast well my stew simmers and my homemade potato buns proof. Hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@SassyAshley ... 👍
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hi all!
    Went to SDM and redeemed $50 in pts for $65 worth of stuff (lots of food on sale and gift set for me...cheaper then items individually) then redeemed $40 at No Frills. All healthy fresh food.
    Baked tons of chicken breast and made meat sauce and pasta ( tonights dinner)
    Made my lunch for Mon and Tues (salads with veggies/chicken and boiled egg)
    Laundry on the go. Will finish up in kitchen and turn dishwasher on when done.
    Productive day and ready to tackle the work week.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Sun, Nov 3rd, 2019 at 05:14 PM.
    Ciel, cath007, SassyAshley and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

wtg on the baking @SassyAshley !!!! looks delicious
    Ciel, SassyAshley and GoodBoy like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good evening everyone!!!! Made my pumpkin puree I had to start my recepies 2 and a half masson jars for 5 small-medium pumpkin !!! not bad !!! I made my soup and my cookies ;they are delicious but now no time to do the cake and the bread as I want to do the dishes and take my shower + do my lunch to get ready for another week of 5 days at school(full week) Will bake that tomorrow night A bit tired but that is a good one.Will bake an apple crisp and macademian white chocolate cookies next week cannot wait I found the recepie on the back of the package of chocolate I bought for my other cookies recepie«( pumpkin and white chocolate;what a great blend)

Ok if I have not the time to post this week I wish you a great one!!!!
    Have a good evening and night!!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Sun, Nov 3rd, 2019 at 08:54 PM.
    Ciel, SassyAshley and GoodBoy like this.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post

1 LB Vitamin at $9.99
    2 LB Vitamin at $10.49

Received:

Cheerio!
    Great shop! I still remember a crazy deal I got a few months back on Jamieson Vitamins at RCSS... They were on promo for 50% off, so some as low as like $3.47 (100 tablets of C or D)... BUT, the Pharmacy also had a coupon... 3,000Pts on ANY Jamieson Vitamin. So I picked up about 10 bottles or so, paid out in store, but got back 30,000Pts! They all went to my family friend who goes through vitamins in her house like crazy! She was VERY HAPPY with that deal!
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

My hairs are regrowing now they are short but ok
    the 2 extractions of teeths I had last and this week will take like 2 weeks to close(the hole) but i am not in pain
    omg I feel that they are not enough hours in a day with the ambitions and things -goals I want to accomplish like going trought my books,cleaning and baking..that suck!!! I always wonder the sunday where the week end did go ??? The only holliday we will have is november 15 and after it will be christmas holliday...time goes so fast..not necessary a good thing...
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information