User Tag List

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree1602Likes

Thread: November 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread (clock changes for many)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I was happy to find the new Armstrong cheese coupon too the other day. Still have some that expire Nov 30th that I have been using up first. I used 1.5 bars last night to make a large tray of mac and cheese
    Cheese makes everything taste better.
    I haven’t found the new coupons. I used up the rest of my November expiry coupons that I had traded for.
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I thought my friend was overstating the impact of snow set for today. She called me last night. I watched this morning's weather and the forecast was for 5-10cm but I assume forecasters know that snow drifts and there will be accumulations.

Last night, while taking the pizza box to the green bin, I noticed snow/rain falling. Yes, there were actual wet snow crystals falling along with the rain after 9:30pm. Was relieved that I had roasted veggies in the morning and did some produce (mostly reduced priced products I wanted) and grocery shopping-our house ran out of bathroom tissue too. Got one package to get us through the first few days and sibling much later (he had someone work on their car over at our place) bought a large package of bathroom tissue but did not put it into the usual places (I did unpack the rolls this early morning, whilst running laundry between 3:30 and 6:30am after a hot flash and I had no interest in reading). I have two snow hand shovels ready but will not retrieve big push shovel nor snowblower-that's sibling's big move and I'm not counting on him.

Tonight's supper will be Longo's honey garlic pork sausages (first time trying them) with leftover roasted veggies from yesterday (mostly greek-style potatoes and a little roasted carrot/parsnip). I will also slice up my pepper strips and a cucumber for a "salad" just in case that is more appealing to the other family members. And a pot of tea...

I forgot to make the applesauce but I probably will need it. Sniffle from one side of nose has impacted second side too (lower half of nose as of this morning ) so I expect to have a cold for a few days. That's why I have been using one or two seasonings lately in soup mixes, vegetables, oatmeal and such but failed to stave off the cold.
    @GoodBoy -thanks for the Value Village thrift sale alerts! I am keen to find slippers and last night I was thinking of including a stop at the Mississauga VV on Friday on way back from Toronto to make the most of my GO Transit day fare (plan is to bus into Toronto and take train back to Long Branch then head to Dixie & Dundas). Have to watch the weather--so many ideas about where to walk came up when I was writing my list of plans last night and I have to be more prudent if snow is going to stick around. Today's snow has a bit of slip to it and my soles moved accordingly.
    ROMEO, barbis9, lilo0003 and 3 others like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Leafing through my Longos calendar (yes, I was recycling most of it except Nov & Dec and two recipes), I saw the cookie jar recipe and thought it'd make a perfect one to share on the forum. If I cannot locate the Turtles Cookie Jar recipe online, I'll type out the recipe tomorrow for the bakers and giftmakers (you'll need one bag of Turtles minis to make up the jar or one batch of cookies) here.

FOUND IT! https://www.longos.com/recipe/turtles-cookie-jars
    Last edited by Ciel; Mon, Nov 11th, 2019 at 01:26 PM.
    barbis9, lilo0003, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Harvey's Angus Burger will be $3.99 until November 24. Wish I had a Harvey's in town as I wanted the McDonald's Angus burger (it was $7.49, so I went with the $5.99 Big Mac instead).
    barbis9, lilo0003, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Decided to work from home today, it was just one of those days. I am yet again behind (the story of my life) so I wanted to just force and get as much done as I could today. I got a fair amount done, not completely caught up but in a much better place. Hoping this helps as I am feeling very on edge lately and I am not sure why but part of it could be I need my shot too, which I get Thursday after work. Really hoping this feeling goes away soon.

I just need to finish up one thing as I am in the middle of a section and then I will call it a day and move on. Tonight I need to make the pattern for Baby # 3's blanket. My cousin has now officially used all of the men in our family's name in naming his kids. This one also has 2 middle names so it will be a larger blanket especially since his one middle name is on the long side.

I have put pizza dough in the bread machine to make homemade pizza tonight, hopefully this will cover Mom's pizza craving that I have been hearing about for days.

Well off to get this last task finished and then I can work on my Christmas gifts. Hope everyone has a wonderful evening
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

no fracture yay me so they dont know what I have it is so bizzare but it will pass by itself....i do have another injury for a long time at the foot but it is not the same thing and it will pass naturally..so relief..what a nightmare it would have been...phew
    Ciel, lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Went to Maxi cie for barilla pasta at 1,00$ purchased 8 spaghetti and 3 fettuccine I had 11 x 0,75$ coupons.Spaghettini was cleared...
    Great deal for my guignolee donation this year or to have a free lunch buffet at buffet des continents when you bring some 3-4 items to have a free lunch and they do have sushis yum!!!But after someone posted in coupon mamzelle couponning group that barilla will be 0,88$ at wm next week....a little bit pissed but after calculating the gaz because it is a the end of the city I think the 1,00$ ones are much better deal for me....currently snowing ...have a beautiful evening and night !!!
    Ciel, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

The sun is shining but we are still under a snow squall watch and the snow is to start up again at noon. Thankful we are close to home today. Both DS's work but at least it is in town.

Dinner- Will just be me since everyone is working/has band practice.

Have a great day everyone!
    Ciel, coupon girl, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Some of the upcoming Ontario sale flyers are posted. A few grocery items I will get. (blueberries/peppers/Kind bars (coupon pay tax only) choc milk, eggs, Armstrong cheese (.75 coupon))

We have decided to go South in Feb and save our BC trip till June. We don't care where just want a hot beach and cold drinks! I am hunting for a deal
    Ciel and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    no fracture yay me so they dont know what I have it is so bizzare but it will pass by itself....i do have another injury for a long time at the foot but it is not the same thing and it will pass naturally..so relief..what a nightmare it would have been...phew
    Did you do a CT scan or just an X-ray?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ROMEO, Ciel and cath007 like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just went out and got a flu shot at shoppers -my arm is killing me ,so I am putting ice on for 10 minutes and off again .Hubby said it never bothered him ,oh well

I picked up a few items ,bananas oatmeal ,then had to get gas for the gas can and home
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Aunt flow decided to stop in yesterday morning and today is tidal wave aunt flow. I am having the worst hot flashes and sweats. I was in lots of pain this morning considering it’s still morning.

I phoned my appointment for today explained I was in lots of pain they want me to wait until later to call them to say if I was going to see them or not. I thought the object here was that I called them to tell I was in lots of pain I couldn’t make it not to call them back hours later with the same complaint?!?!? They want to come to building to give me my depot. Ugh I asked them to call me back.

Nothing in the mailbox.

ROMEO, Ciel and cath007 like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Some weather--I shovelled in the early morning as yet another hot flash in the early hours (laundry, shovelling...) woke me up. Collection crew bypassed our clear driveway end and did not empty containers yet neighbours' containers were collected, even their yard waste bags buried in windrows. Having San Pellegrino for a beverage in the early hours is causing strange dreams of people I don't know interacting with me. It's like my mind is doing a clearout of some encounters or generating what-ifs.

I watched Destination Wedding and can say just watch the first half and skip the second half. Phlegm is a plot driver, so is deadpan sarcasm (sometimes they were zingers). I laughed for two minutes at one point because the winery view at a hillside had me recall Keanu Reeves in A Walk in the Clouds (1995) but I don't think there was a similar scene but the second movie was about a winery (in a family, not as a venue for a destination wedding as the first movie was hammering so obviously).

Have to say I wish there was an adult sized version of the girls' Frozen parkas in the Walmart flyer.
    https://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/canad...r-25/single/16

I love the hemline shaping and sparkly finishes but that wide hood trim would be removed for a band of coordinating reflective trim. Given the snow overnight, those coats would be so delightful to wear this week (if one can MacGyver a storm flap over the zipper, then the coat would be perfect).

Last year's planner had a note that our Yellow Pages phone directory arrived in mid-November. This might be the week that Hamilton or Dundas YP books land on driveways and on yards, so look for an extra plastic bag on the ground soon.
    Last edited by Ciel; Tue, Nov 12th, 2019 at 04:55 PM.
    barbis9, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by greentires4me View Post
    Did you do a CT scan or just an X-ray?

x ray now they want another more specifically x ray ...I am waiting for the appoitement because I am still in pain..
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The sausages (honey garlic ones under the Longo's brand) were tasty last night and I ended up with all four of them with toasted bread and roasted veggies, then had the immune-boosting applesauce right afterwards for dessert (surprisingly tasty hot, but resist the urge to add two tablespoons of lemon juice if your lemon yields more that the 1 tbsp you need for recipe--yes, I added that second spoon of juice so result was tart-sweet). Brother and Mom had their own suppers so they declined the sausages.

Tonight I'll cook pasta and add butter and herbs and some of the roasted veggies for texture. Not feeling like baking but maybe a coffee cake will be fast to put together (I have some blueberries defrosting in the fridge) and a hot oven warms up the house quite pleasantly.
    @mcminsen posted in the Coupons thread that the new Live Better magazine has two coupons. I have to check tomorrow (when the sun is out) if my store has the Holiday issue in stock. Oh, tomorrow is new Food and Drink magazine day at the LCBO!
    barbis9, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information