User Tag List

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree1602Likes

Thread: November 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread (clock changes for many)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

DS really wanted to pick up a burger or something on his way home from work last night. He even offered to pay. I talked him out of it and offered to make him a grilled cheese and that I could pick up buns today and make burgers and fries for dinner. So that is the plan tonight. I will stop on my lunch to get the buns. I also plan to go home and start some laundry. I will take a roast out of the freezer tonight for tomorrow nights dinner (mashed potatoes/gravy, carrots and green beans) Have everything on hand for tomorrow nights dinner.

I topped off the gas tank last night ( I was just above half) Figured it was smart since we seem to always be under a snow watch etc.

I cleaned up the budget since payday is coming Friday. We have done well with groceries and cooking/eating from home. Freezer is still full so wanting to slowly use stuff up.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning called my sister-in-law last night,she has so much to do for my older brother ,he has a nurse come in and hook him up to antibotics and then back in 2 hours .My sister-in-law is getting home care once a week for a shower for him ,which is nice ,she is also paying for a nurse to come in and get his bloodwork done $30 a week (she told me well worth it ,given the recent weather)as he is diabetic also .I told her she is doing an excellent job and I will come visit when my cold is done .

I called my other brother in London,ont and chatted with him about the oldest brother this morning and he thanked me.I only have these 2 half brother's in my life since younger brother hasn't bothered with me in 6 and a half years since I took my dear mom into live with us and you know what its better to have a people in your life that want to be .

So when I am better I will go and sit with my older brother for an hour or 2 so my sister-in-law can go out to shop at rexall a block away .

I am staying in today so no spent day for me .

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    I was going to to No Frills after work yesterday but I was at an offsite meeting and got an email that my car was going in for service, so I back tracked to work dropped my car off and picked up the spare. Yippee I am getting my snow tires on which makes me happy. As well going to have them check the brakes as I had to slam them on last week and they made a horrible noise and almost felt like they were not grabbing properly.

I just took a look at my list for No Frills and now feel I can skip this stop tonight and just wait for the new flyers to come out tomorrow. The only thing I can think of that really need is yogurt but I still have one container in the fridge which will get me through this week. I will be looking at next week Fruit and Veggie sales as by next week we will need some fresh items.

I did not get too much done last night, I was feeling quite tired as I had some trouble sleeping the night before. Last night I emptied the dishwasher reloaded it and then worked on Baby number 3's blanket. Ideally I would like to have it done by the end of the week so this weekend I can just work on the boarders for all 5 blankets but not sure this is realistic as this pattern does take a bit of time to crochet up, but none the less I will aim for it and see where I am at the end of the week.

I am starting to feel like time is flying by, we are working on year end projects at work, discussing inventory and everyone seems to be in full Christmas mood. I can admit start to get a little panicked about getting every thing done in time for Christmas now. I feel like I always tried to be so prepares and ahead but something happens and then I end up rushing around at the last minute which I hate.

Alright well time to get back to work. Hope everyone has a wonderful day
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

It's a little more pleasant to walk on cleared sidewalks today, as Ms Sunshine has been in melting mode, but that also means puddles. Since I did not bring my third leg of winter (the plastic shovel) last night, I brought it along today to help me ford windrows or skirt puddles. I had two near slips last night and I was mad at myself for not bringing my plastic shovel along.

I have about two or three ways to do root vegetable gratins and I need to put the beets to use in one. Just need to buy some cream and some cheese (not a fan of goat cheese--might cheat and swap in pizza mix shredded cheese instead).

Downspouts got thumped clear of ice, trash was taken out, living room got vacuumed finally (I skipped last week) and the coffee cake was made this morning after my hot chocolate was made. I had a really early breakfast-tuna fish sandwich-as I was up too early again but decided against running laundry and made myself go back to sleep within an hour. I've kitchen linens and dish towels to iron when I get home (they were laundered and hung to dry last night) and will see if anything on the grocery list I compiled got picked up by Mom (here's hoping she makes herself clean the snow off her car and go to a store...but that's why I bought some supplies on Sunday). Have not yet ventured to Walmart or LCBO for magazines-will do that before the sun sets and sidewalks ice over again.

I'll start writing out some Christmas cards-plan is to have all cards ready for mailing next week. Stamps are purchased so I'm getting in the mood to write! Must admit I love the partridge in a pear tree International Christmas stamp-so golden and green!

Happy to see the library's Winter Program Guide in my branch! Have to pick a couple of things to register for by Saturday (as I won't be online Friday).
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Glancing at Party City's website-some of their Frozen costumes seem to be on sale. Also there's a contest for a private viewing party of Frozen 2 (excludes Quebec); it ends today--check the link on their coupons page: https://www.partycity.com/ca/coupons
    Giseledta, barbis9 and cath007 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went out on my lunch and took a walk around RCSS for any deals. Nope. Just bought fresh hamburger buns for dinner.

Then went home and tossed a load in the washing machine. Wrote out a chore list for DS to complete after school and before I am home from work.

Tonight while cooking dinner I will give the fridge a quick once over/organizing/wipe down. Will cut the carrots and onions for the slow cooker. Take out the roast beef so it can thaw overnight.
    Giseledta, Ciel and cath007 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

hi all.
    busy week. but i was actually done a bit early today yipppeeee!!!

ok. finally have the desks moved. and i have started moving my paperwork back there as welll as 1 of my salt lamps. since its in the family room. i may get a grow light and a few plants.. hmmm. time will tell.
    but i have my desk back. i am insanly excited about this. i should have everything orgaised by sunday....

went to shoppers tonight , got my 20x points. ad new insoles for my boots. as ... i need new insoles. and tehy had tator tots on sale 2 for 5.00

i am looking forard to the shop the block starting tomorrow. i have a tentative plan in place.
    i am hoping for foodland gcs ...
    and i need to watch other gcs as well.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

OMG ...I am so but so pissed right now..I went to pick up the wm better live magazine and they did not have any..and the french version coupons are not the same as the english one...I dont know when it is released in store??? I am pissed because the magazine have a 2$ ferrero rocher gold gallery chocolate coupons and they are 4,87$ in gt this week in qc at least...so i am missing a crazy good deal...or I will buy some without the coupons I will see..so deceived
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I am so sad and devastated right now even if I talked about it with my aunt (marraine) and a friend .....I got a call back from my abdominal x ray and I have a hepatic slerosis....I will have to watch my way to eat and do some exercice and have close appoitments....omg so pissed and annoyed...I take my life my a positive way,I made great changes of habit of life and then I am hitted by that...no sense...maybe it is genetic with my mother who have a weight extra(obesity) like me ..I dont know...will say good night per chance I am off school friday...I will think about that...i guess
    Ciel, lizzie bargain and Shwa Girl like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Thursday!! Today is my Friday since we are at a hockey tournament this weekend that starts tomorrow. DS has a PD day which works out great that he isn't missing school.

DS and I took a leftover burger each for our lunch today. He grabbed crackers/granola bar/apple too.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Giseledta, Ciel and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I was little jittery about the public bus situation being on strike so I jumped on an early bus and there was no one on it at all. Thinking my doctor was going to be on time for once I was totally wrong he’s behind by an hour.

I used my 7/11 rewards to get a Pepsi bottle. I have 3820 points left. It’s too cold for a slurpee or else I would’ve gotten one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good early evening!!!! Happy Thursday!!! My right feet still hurt I am waiting to have a call back for another kind of x ray ...they want me to go in another city ..but no...I will wait their call...Thanks god my week of school is finished altrought it was not a big one and yesterday afternoon I was sick (nauseous) ....but not really a holliday tomorrow as I want to work in my books and this week end too.Went to movie theater tuesday to see midway...fabulous movie,very historical and realistic,I highly recommend it.Splurged on some popcorn and some pepsi was expensive but the movie was 50% off the tuesday so 6$ something..the popcorn and pepsi combo was more expensive than the movie huh...Supper is leftovers from the week.I want to see maybe next week last christmas and go sunday to the defile du pere noel(Christmas parade) in downtown.Did the cleaning of my purse and was surprised by the amount of change and 5$ I found catching lol...

put it wway for christmas

Ok time to go eat supper have a good evening and night!!!
    Really need badly some recepies for my apples they start going to be spoiled...
    Last edited by cath007; Thu, Nov 14th, 2019 at 05:05 PM.
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Sadly I did not found the kind coupons ...theirs bars looks good!!!! No good pc offers this week..that suck
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Sadly I did not found the kind coupons ...theirs bars looks good!!!! No good pc offers this week..that suck
    If you go to https://zebracoupons.com/ and create a websaver account you can now get the coupons mailed out for free with the code WINTER2019. They have KIND $1.00 coupons there - I just checked. Hoping this will help you if they are still there when you go there. good luck
    barbis9, Ciel and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I guess waiting an hour plus had some benefits my doctor gave me these... a bag full of free and gentle sample tide pods with coupons that are good until April 30 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information