User Tag List

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree1602Likes

Thread: November 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread (clock changes for many)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

just did my 2nd shop the block. filled youngests car wiht gas.

and hubby used 50.00 in coupons at the mechanic. they give you coupons ect for stuff. sigh.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I doubt I will get the max shop the block this year as really only 3 make sense for our needs. Spent the day getting 3 cars switched to winter tires an appointment is not in the vocabulary of my Canadian Tire. 1st car was mine and I went back an hour later to take the next one In. My card had not moved. It took 2.5 hours. I get they are busy but they could have called and since I made this appointment a month ago I was a little more than pissed. DS still does not his car back
    Started putting up some Christmas decorations. It always brightens up the winter.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I have made a wish list for Indigo and Amazon.ca. It includes some Christmas gifts and items that we need for our home. I’m hoping that some of it goes on sale for Black Friday. I have $200 in Amazon.ca gift cards that I earned through Swagbucks. I also have $20 in Indigo gift cards that I received through a UGO offer.

We might sign up for Disney+ using my Ebates account, which would give us $12.50 back on a one year subscription.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late afternoon!!! Just coming back from the defilé du père noel(Christmas parade) in downtown.
    It was so crowded.Temperature was not to cold so that was awesome for that.
    Not extraordinary but the ambiance was great;make me a little bit more in the Christmas spirit.
    Lots of famillies and children and adults !!!!I must admit I slurged in some 2 x 2$ dollarama christmas wrapping papers,gingerbread cookies at harvest marche because they are so good and cute and at IGA a vachon christmas chocolate log free with fpc
    I splurged too on clementines at iga but after when I did go at maxi they where not in the flyer like iga but 1$ cheaper so grrr...pissed...
    Bought a big bag on roasted almond at 10$ and trail mix blend 10$ too big bag at maxi for my heathy snacks and proteins.
    Bought also at iga because I found a peelie buy 3 participating products( salsa,tostitos,lays) and get a 12 pack pepsi free..hum they where 3,50$ (salsa and tostitos) so I bought 2 tostitos chips and 1 tostitos salsa..and after I saw the tostitos at maxi and salsa for 2,78$ so double grrr(still have 2 coupons in french will see but with the pringles deal I got earlier I think i have enought chips lol)

Not the time to writhe praise for coupons all I got are negatives responses... (not the good time of the year I suppose)...???
    My feet still hurt a little..

Wanted at maxi longe de porc at 2$ lb but they have just big pack at 15$ and full of fat..no thanks
    And they did not have the light life simili chicken bacon I wanted to pm super c 2,99$ minus 2,50$ coupons x2 ....grr
    ok supper is vegetables meat loaf,gravy,mashed patatoes and ceasar salad...dessert log or cookies
    Have an awesome rest of the afternoon,evening and night and maybe a good week if I have not the time to post
    5 days of school this week(full week) and no holliday until christmas break..motivation I need to find you quickly
    Last edited by cath007; Sun, Nov 17th, 2019 at 03:30 PM.
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@cath007 - do not forget you can call Johnsonville sausages every 90 days and they often will send out 2 $2.00 off coupons for their sausage products. I just got my last set for the year. They expire end of 2019.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    What’s on your Black Friday wish list?
    Maybe a tablet for my sister or an appliance for my mom. But I think Walmart’s Black Friday sales don’t start till next week which sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I don’t know if I have said this or not. But I ordered my meds for delivery on Thursday from new pharmacy(humouring case manager) they didn’t deliver meds I called 8pm at night no one knew I needed meds. Meds came at 8:30pm I opened bag and noticed that meds were missing. I called pharmacy they promised I get them by Friday. Called Friday they had no prior knowledge again. Now starting to get pissed off I hung up and called the pharmacist they pharmacist tried to tell me there was no fax. I called the pharmacy I like but not with currently they confirmed that it was sent or they got it. Re called the other pharmacy the pharmacist this time was told they didn’t receive it I said look again please instead of telling me it’s not there. They looked again and said it take 5 hours to fill a vial with 21 pills I asked for delivery they said no problem. Now being totally frustrated with the whole situation adding more stress to my stress that I have. They told me the pills next time would be in the blister pack and I said better hope so as in what’s so hard to have them in there in the first place. The pharmacist got lippy with me I was just stating facts she then asked what was wrong I said the fact that I order something expecting it that night and there is no communication with anyone. Then promised i have it by the next day and calling several times to make it happen where you had all my prescriptions for over 12 days and no one bothered to call me about an error. Pharmacist said it’s not my problem that we cannot read scripts that don’t make sense. I said excuse me that just makes you at fault for something that’s been like since the last time I was with you and you cannot get that right you definitely have issues. I asked to speak with supervisor and her name she gave me the wrong day supervisor was in because apparently he was suppose to be in there the next day I called and he wasn’t. The other pharmacy I like which is pharmasave my prescriptions are filled in 5-10mins not 5 hours, they are nice and joke with me. They even said on the phone I could switch back it be no big deal. I am going to phone case manager and tell her I am switching back tomorrow. And phone the pharmacy I like to tell them everything is going back to them. I don’t like that the pharmacy is so far away and there is no delivery besides postage of my blister pack. But two main pharmacies I been with which was London drugs and Pharmachoice there horrible and I was once with shoppers drug mart as well they kept loosing my prescriptions. Like how is that even possible?!?!?

I didn’t like London drugs because they were charging me for vitamins that I had paid for already basically for putting them in my blister pack they charged me for it. When I finally got it reversed and all the money refunded to me I switched pharmacies to shoppers. Shoppers had the habit of filling my script while I was there then telling me it wasn’t when I was paged it wasn’t there like it was missing I would always had to wait extra 20 mins while the pharmacist searched for it. Pharmachoice in the past switched out my anti anxiety meds for blood pressure meds for a month I was taken to hospital and had Arythmia (excuse the spelling I don’t know how to spell it) the doctor looked at my blister pack after he sent a cop to my house to retrieve my blister pack. He said the chart was right but the pills didn’t look like the anti anxiety meds. They searched the database and couldn’t identify so a RN from a different floor came downstairs to ER and basically told the doctor they were blood pressure meds. Because they looked like something she took because they were generic pills. I was in the hospital for several days during all this I couldn’t sleep and become a pin cushion for nurses and blood techs. I had been switched hospitals twice once to royal columbian in new Westminster. As I needed to have dialysis while I laid in bed I guess my hospital was ill equipped. I got sick every time they did the dialysis. I ended up spending more time laying in bed in hospital then at home trying to recover from someone’s stupid mistake at Pharmachoice because they could have killed me. Royal columbian honestly put my scoliosis as one of their main concerns and had me in a more comfortable bed where I could lay there and didn’t feel like I was laying on a rack. They also had IV drip for each of my pills I suppose to be on instead of swallowing them. They never fed me gruel which ridge meadows hospital had a habit of serving me. I had a nurse specifically for me for my mental health and they gave me a room by myself after I kept waking up all the other residents with my sleep talking. I didn’t have to pay extra for this because I think the RN said a private room close to the desk would easier to treat me. Which she happened to be a family friend which I didn’t know, and the charge nurse on duty.

Anyways I need to switch pharmacies today later on. I had a migraine yesterday it was an ocular one after I had taken my migraine tab that dissolved and ate something I was sick for 4 hours straight. I am in pain and cannot sleep it took me 6hours to fall asleep the. I slept 5 hours now I am awake at the same time every night which was 3am. I’m pretty sure I still have the migraine I took another migraine pill.

I’m going to Spencer’s on next Wednesday so I am going to have to save money for that shop so I told myself to save that extra 35$ on this months check plus the 50$ I cannot withdrawal because I have 500$ withdrawal limit a day. I think 85$ is good chunk not to touch. Until I go to Spencer’s.

I am going to rest a bit more and drink some water. Laters for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ciel and cath007 like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Light snow here today. Heard on the news that the roads are a mess around here.

I feel like a nice pasta dinner tonight. We were given a bag of ground meat and stewing beef last night from my sister so we kept some beef out for the sauce. I bought a 4pk of peppers the other day for $1.97. The only item I have purchased in the last week. Fridge is looking empty but I am happy about that. Will force us to be creative and use up some freezer stuff.

Have a great week everyone!
    Ciel, coupon girl, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@lilo0003 I find the best time to return at Costco is early in the morning and mid afternoon.
    Ciel, lilo0003, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@ Giseledta. I know you are a tea fan. I found amazing stainless steel tea infusers (like reuseable coffee cups but for tea with the infuser built in) Have a gift basket idea for 2 people. Where do you find a deal on loose tea. Bulk Barn?

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    A month or so ago my local FreshCo did a revamp. Now has a Rain Check policy with 10% reduction, Quality guarantee where they will refund AND replace the item, and at that time the worst thing was only price matching 4 stores down from 13 or so previously!

Yesterday my fav cashier asked why she had not seen me as often. I told her I shop at NF more now since they PM more. She said they changed their policy back to the old PM list as the new one was "not working"! OOPS! Win for me!

Carpe Diem folks!
    You just validated why it's important to keep your store relationships up to date! Nice win!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Glad I waited until the afternoon yesterday to enjoy a walk in the mild air (no snow falling like on Saturday) and scout out my Value Village for something on my list. Noticed that the store moved some footwear racks around-slippers were mostly sold out and so were winter knit hats. Found two Ibex floral print sheets. Twin size one cost more than the double one but for $5.05, I have flannel sheet for winter. Happy!

Over to Tooties Shoes to buy one pair of scuff slippers for guests-$16.99 was on sale for $10. Score!

Longos for some groceries and the new magazine/calendar bundle. Found two containers on my walk home.

Today-Sloppy Monday. Main street is muddy and busy due to construction. Think I'll sleep in tomorrow if rain is in the forecast.

BTW the Indigo holiday guide has 20 of the hedgehog character for the contest. I guessed 13.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    We weren't supposed to get much snow here today but we got quite a bit which does not make me happy. I know I live in Canada but yeah no need for snow in November.

I did not get baby #3's blanket done this weekend as I ran out of yarn. I thought I had another ball and honestly cannot figure out what went through my mind as I was buying the yarn, I do not see how I thought 3 balls was enough for both boys gifts. Oh well, Mom will get me another ball tonight.

I decided to have a girl's weekend this weekend. We went to my sister's and then went to the Christmas Market, out for Dinner and then played a game back at her place and spent the night. I must say I was disappointed in the Christmas Market, each of the girls I was with bought a drink and Butter Tart that was it. Two of the people I was with said they had been before and past years had been better. This weekend it was myself, sister, bro's gf and one of our cousins.

Yesterday I started on the boarders for the blankets, I am now done Cousin and Wife's gift, Bro and Sis in Law's Gifts, they just need to be wrapped. I have started on Nephew #1's boarder which i hope to get done tonight. I have to decide on the colour for niece's boarder and work on that as well.

This week might be a bit of a rough one as I got nothing done this weekend I hate when I do not get my prep done. Especially since this weather is seriously affecting me, I am not full out headache but I can feel it is I move the wrong way and I am so tired. I was kind of hoping to have more energy so I could try to tackle a few things tonight but honestly the way I feel it probably will not happen.

Thinking of making Potato Soup for dinner, it is quick and easy to get on going and then there will be leftovers for lunches this week.

Alright well time to finish out my day, hope everyone has a wonderful afternoon/evening.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier evening!!! No black friday deals for me this year althought I need a new printer the other one is just a jerk one..When I was returning my pop cans at iga I noticed someone did not take his receipt to cash it was on the machine(He did not push the blue circle ) so catching 1,15$ for me yay!!!!Today at school was ok, a bit tired,Supper was leftovers as I was feeling easy peasy confort food from yesterday.So far 3 positives responses from e- mailing and praising compagnies that is a start ...Nothing in the mail,still waiting for my trade and a few others things.Have a wonderful evening and night everyone.!!! Just catching up the posts,e-mailing more compagnies for coupons,make my lunch and take my shower and it will be a good night for me !!!! Splurged on some candy canes at dollorama and will be hunthing the christmas candy canes ice cream when My freezer will be less full hahahah
    Last edited by cath007; Mon, Nov 18th, 2019 at 07:35 PM.
    Giseledta and SassyAshley like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    @ Giseledta. I know you are a tea fan. I found amazing stainless steel tea infusers (like reuseable coffee cups but for tea with the infuser built in) Have a gift basket idea for 2 people. Where do you find a deal on loose tea. Bulk Barn?

i use stainless steel infusers. i am not a fan of tea bags.. to many articles ablout mico plastics in them .. and fromm my experience.. them not composting down in my composter ... so i go loose leaf.

ok.. i am fan of davids tea. bulk barn i find weak. .. davids will tell you what stregnth of caffine you get low med or high.. i like that. also its mostly organic. again... i like that . bulk barn does not have a list of ingredients .. for me , as i have a nut allergy .. this is a bit concering.
    daivids does.

so i like that davids is Canadian .. also there is a company out of BC.. called...tea desire. https://www.teadesire.com/

good tea is .. expensive. however.. i also reuse my leaves... i tend to buy pretty basic ones.. orange peakoe . davids breakfast blends... ect.

i do have 50 g of something called buhda blend... it is my ... menopause hitting husband annoying.. migraine starting... need tea drink... i dont drink it often.. so that 50 gr will last me. but its less calories then chocklate. and cheaper then booze.

also for me.. tea is .. a me treat. i am pretty low maintence. cut my own hair, colour it myself... tea makes me happy.

davids... price per 50 gr is listed on the website. however , if anyone ever orders from them .. shoot me a message i often know about discount codes. i usually get 20 percent off every time.

if you are doing it for a gift... check out the international rows at RCSS. they have some interesting loose leaf tea for good prices.
    Last edited by Giseledta; Mon, Nov 18th, 2019 at 08:44 PM.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information