User Tag List

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree1602Likes

Thread: November 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread (clock changes for many)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I went to 3 stores today

canadian tire for more leaf bags ,windshield washer and saw kids puzzles wooden ones 9.99 reg 19.99 for 7 puzzles bought ashlyn one and my daughter will buy the paw patrol one from me for sebastian got an extra 1.80 in loaded canadian tire money on my account from the windshield washer and bags

then on to mastermind -got car's free small stuffie for her birthday a mother and baby kangaroo in her pouch reg 6.99 =free for perks plus members then bought a paw patrol small toy car on sale

Then on to Walmart
    egg nog for hubby -its the cheapest I have seen in the city natrel 1.97 everywhere else is 2.97,plus my 4/8.00 oatmeal ,the service desk wasn't busy so the supervisor was directing a few people there
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Very happy with my deal last Christmas. No need to climb on the roof to put up lights. We bought the coloured lights that rotate on the house and we paid 10.00 for them and the pre Christmas price was 50.00. It made the outdoor decorating so easy. I had a very late night last night and think I may need to head to bed early. The younger DS and I went to a Raptors game. I won the tickets and he is a super fan so it was a lot of fun but so late getting home.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Last night was an okay night, I am really struggling to find ambition once I am done work. It does not help that both Sunday and Monday night I had trouble sleeping so last night I took a natural supplement to help me sleep and it helped, it helped so much I slept through my alarm, opps.

Last night I took the garbage and one bag of recycling out.

I made a batch of spreadables which actually gives me 2 containers, I used to just make one container which is half a package of butter but now I figure if I am going to get everything out (LOL 2 ingredients) and dirty the food processor I might as make the whole package of butter and keep 1 in the fridge till we need it.

I tried to so some dishes but did not get very far, the other day at work I was switching out monitors and took a huge chunk of skin off my finger. It is fine now but oh did putting it in hot soapy water which I added bleach to because I was cutting up chicken anger it. So I washed some of the dishes but had to stop as it was really hurting.

That was all for me last night, funny thing is, it is not a lot but it took me almost all night.

Tonight after work I need to go to Bulk Barn but I am going to wait for Mom to get home from work so we can split out shop in 2 and use 2 coupons. I may also grab a few groceries we do not need a lot but I see a few stockpile items are on sale. Also we need fruit, we bought ton of veggies but no fruit on our last shop.

Still need to finish Niece's Unicorn blanket, Mom has agreed to do the sewing for me, she will probably have it done in 10 minutes where is it would take me like an hour. All of the other "Blanket" are done, this weekend I will take pictures and then I can wrap them.

I think I have a plan for Step Mom and Dad, I kind of had to re work my plan as they are watching what they eat and are saying they do not want baked goods and other things at Christmas. I think I am going to make them a bunch of fruit butters which actually have little to no butter in them. As well I am going to make them some made Oatmeal packets and I found a couple soup in a Jar recipes I will make. I am looking for items they can take with them when they ski and are working with limited ingredients on hand. The soup you just add water too.

Now to make a plan for Sis, I think she will get some of the same things Dad and Step Mom are getting but I will also make her some mixes she can add to her cooking. I will make her items we already use so I will give half to her and keep half for our use.

Now I just have bro and his gf, just going to say it dang Lego is expensive I saw a Black Friday deal but it was still like a couple hundred dollars for the one he wants. Back to drawing board.

Alright time to get back to work, hope everyone has a wonderful day
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Hump day!!

Did a good dent in the laundry. Just have a load in dryer to put away. Will keep up on it!
    Kitchen is clean. Dinner tonight will be something simple. Toss in the oven and let it cook kind of night. So maybe a meat pie.
    We are cleaning the family room tonight. It is clean (no clutter in it) it just needs to be dusted/walls washed/floor washed. Maybe I will have DS bring the tree up tonight. We can always set it up tonight and decorate one night next week.

I have an envelope ready to go with coupons for yogurt/cereal/fries/cleaner etc. Most expire Dec 31st and some in Jan. Who would like it?
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok, try number 2 . my power flickered just as i posted....lol

we ahve insane winds right now.

ok.. figured out my oldest for her big gift. i am very pleased with myself.

i will wait till cyber mondya and see if i can grab a deal

i am also watching gift cards.. for deals.

i did my 5th shop teh block .. via airmiles shop.. every year i get a book and a gc for the dc family for a play place. books are ordered. and bonus airmiles and bonus plum points.
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Just going to throw this out there, I totally miss the old Optimum Gift Card Promo. I liked being able to choose which Giftcards I wanted as it seems the ones my family want are not the ones that go on special.

Today No Frills has a special on Ultimate Dinning Cards so I might grab some of those, but I am really looking for Netflix, Spotify, Tim's and Mc Donalds.
    Giseledta, Purdee, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

took my oldest daughter (3.5 yrs old) and my younger sister to see Disney Frozen 2 yesterday. Used the 2 free adult tix i won from a cocacola contest and a child tix + child combo from my brother in law.
    my daughter was all decked out in Frozen merchandises: dress from the new movie was on clearance at SDM $5 from halloween, rcss and walmart are selling the exact same dress for $39.99. Shoes, jacket, hat, and purse were all frozen that I got either on discount or on kijiji. I think my daughter had a good time.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 5 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Lazy day for me ,i feel i got a cold back ,honestly its cara and her runny nose .So i am making homemade chicken soup from my chicken i cooked last night.

Hubby and I watched "the Irishman "already awesome movie on netflicks this morning
    I just shopped online at the gap to finish up the clothing for grandkids got 50% plus an extra 10% and old navy had sent me a code for 10% due to items I didn't receive on nov 10,so I felt I wasn't going to wait til black Friday spent $51

Supper tonight soup and sandwich
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@SassyAshley -did you scope out Lego on Indigo? Plum Members online Black Friday deal expires tonight and Lego is showing at 25% off. So if the price after discount is steep, it seems this brand is one of several often excluded from sales.

Toys R Us has some LEGO sets at 50% off too. https://www.toysrus.ca/en/toysrus/De...EGO-on-SALE--3

Mastermind Toys seems to have run out online of some Lego sets, which may be at some stores. https://www.mastermindtoys.com/search/lego.aspx
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Ciel , honestly I have given up on the Lego, all of the ones he wants are out of my budget. I will come up with a plan B, probably this weekend.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

for those who wish to know.. ontario .. foodland and sobeys ... buy a 50.00 gc for foodland sobeys freshco lawtons safeway thriftyfoods needs .
    get 25 airmiles.
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    @Ciel, honestly I have given up on the Lego, all of the ones he wants are out of my budget. I will come up with a plan B, probably this weekend.
    i miss zellars .. they had the best lego sales
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I got some unfortunate news yesterday from my mother. My grandmother passed away yesterday, it's definitely a lot to think and process through. My eating and sleep are a little off right now as I try to fully comprehend everything. At least the good side of it is that she is finally up with her husband (my grandfather) who passed away over 14 years ago now, she missed him terribly since the day he passed in 2005.
    Ciel and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

So sorry for your loss John
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning all!

My cell phone contract just finished and I wasn't in a hurry for a new phone (even with my cracked screen from the summer) (2 years ago I got a new one on Boxing day-they paid me to take it) But took a look around and compared the perks and decided it was time to jump.)

So I got a nice new phone for $0. More Data (so no worries for me ever going over now) and my plan cost didn't go up and I received $300 in PC PTS So they totally rewarded me to upgrade. Have really been using my PC pts lately (which I didn't want to but hey figured better then using my cash) so now my total is back up to $874!!

Happy Deal hunting everyone!
    Ciel, coupon girl, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information