User Tag List

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I bought 4 Cesar's Bistro's with my coupons the other day (Chicken Primavera & Steak Tips) & I feel like I just fed my dogs McDonald's
    The "meat" was weird & spongey looking & there was a layer of grease in the bottom of the caontainer (of both kinds)
    Are there better kinds or are they all like this?
    I'd like to use all these B2G2 coupons I have but if this is the quality we get it's not worth it
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    I am currently looking for coupons for non parishable foods or grocery coupons good until December to help with Christmas food helpers.
    If you have any to trade please PM me.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

The 'grease' is a gravy.

I real-food feed my dog, and bistro is one of the only substitute i'll give him (the other is beneful) I personally like it, and it fills my never-ending-pit called Sparky ;D

The loafs (plain cesar trays) are what gross me out, and he wont eat them lol.
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

No this wasn't gravy it was grease. I usually buy the Beneful ones & those are gravy. This was a clear, greasy gooey film
    I saw the patte ones too, those remind me of cat food, lol. The other part that gets me is the 13 cent price difference between the 2 The Bistro one's should be more than the mush you'd think
    I am currently looking for coupons for non parishable foods or grocery coupons good until December to help with Christmas food helpers.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

It's not grease, it's fat. My dog gets Cesar every day and it's fat added to the package for flavouring for the dog. My dog only will eat the regular cesar and won't eat any of the slices flavours or the bistro ones.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Well grease & fat are the same thing
    Anyone want all these Cesar's coupons I have let me know & they're yours. The last pack will be going in the garbage due to the disgusting ingedients, I'm never letting my dogs eat this crap (Cesars, Pedigree or Whiskas to my cat) again after the reply I got from Mars.
    -------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your enquiry regarding our CESAR® food for dogs.

We at MARS Canada Inc. are committed to providing a lifetime of care for companion animals. We, along with our sister companies, have been manufacturing food for cats and dogs for more than 65 years throughout the world. The company's reputation is based on the continued production of high quality, nutritious, safe, reliable and palatable products.

We have a long-standing commitment to insure that our pet food products are manufactured to the very highest standards. Each of our brands are manufactured in strict compliance with the guidelines set down by the FDA, The American Association of Feed Control Officials (AAFCO) and the Canadian General Standards Board and to our WALTHAM™ guidelines which always safely exceed the minimum legal requirements.

No PEDIGREE®, WHISKAS®, SHEBA®, or CESAR® products contain euthanized pets, including horses. We do not use rendered meat materials that contain any animal species other than those used for human consumption in the USA and Canada.

We have stringent vendor assurance policies. The meats in our products are high quality, safe raw materials that meet federal and provincial standards as well as our own. All the materials we buy originate from animals reared for human consumption. We do not buy materials from companies that render or process dogs or cats.

In our labeling, we comply with the terminology specified by AAFCO (Association of American Feed Control Officials). By-products used in our recipes are the clean, wholesome parts of the carcass of slaughtered animals and primarily consist of organ meats such as liver, kidney, spleen and tripe, but also include bone and blood. Our meat by-products are derived from beef and pork. If derived from other species such as poultry or fish, it will be declared in the ingredient declaration according to species.

Only our dry products contain meat and bone meal as one of their protein sources. Again, we comply with the terminology specified by AAFCO. Basically, meat and bone meal is the rendered product from mammalian tissues.

No preservatives are used in our canned meat products. BHT and BHA, preservatives that are used in human foods, are used in our dry products. We do not use dyes in any of our products. We use only colors approved for use in human food.

Comments from our consumers, whether favourable or unfavourable, are always welcome and help to determine our future activities on the brand. All comments are forwarded to Brands Management and Quality Management for their review.

We thank you for your interest in our products.

Regards,

Your Friends at MARS Canada Inc.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Slaney View Post
    Anyone want all these Cesar's coupons I have let me know & they're yours. The last pack will be going in the garbage due to the disgusting ingedients, I'm never letting my dogs eat this crap (Cesars, Pedigree or Whiskas to my cat) again after the reply I got from Mars.

Thank you for your enquiry regarding our CESAR® food for dogs.

We at MARS Canada Inc. are committed to providing a lifetime of care for companion animals. We, along with our sister companies, have been manufacturing food for cats and dogs for more than 65 years throughout the world. The company's reputation is based on the continued production of high quality, nutritious, safe, reliable and palatable products.

We have a long-standing commitment to insure that our pet food products are manufactured to the very highest standards. Each of our brands are manufactured in strict compliance with the guidelines set down by the FDA, The American Association of Feed Control Officials (AAFCO) and the Canadian General Standards Board and to our WALTHAM™ guidelines which always safely exceed the minimum legal requirements.

No PEDIGREE®, WHISKAS®, SHEBA®, or CESAR® products contain euthanized pets, including horses. We do not use rendered meat materials that contain any animal species other than those used for human consumption in the USA and Canada.

We have stringent vendor assurance policies. The meats in our products are high quality, safe raw materials that meet federal and provincial standards as well as our own. All the materials we buy originate from animals reared for human consumption. We do not buy materials from companies that render or process dogs or cats.

In our labeling, we comply with the terminology specified by AAFCO (Association of American Feed Control Officials). By-products used in our recipes are the clean, wholesome parts of the carcass of slaughtered animals and primarily consist of organ meats such as liver, kidney, spleen and tripe, but also include bone and blood. Our meat by-products are derived from beef and pork. If derived from other species such as poultry or fish, it will be declared in the ingredient declaration according to species.

Only our dry products contain meat and bone meal as one of their protein sources. Again, we comply with the terminology specified by AAFCO. Basically, meat and bone meal is the rendered product from mammalian tissues.

No preservatives are used in our canned meat products. BHT and BHA, preservatives that are used in human foods, are used in our dry products. We do not use dyes in any of our products. We use only colors approved for use in human food.

Comments from our consumers, whether favourable or unfavourable, are always welcome and help to determine our future activities on the brand. All comments are forwarded to Brands Management and Quality Management for their review.

We thank you for your interest in our products.

Regards,

Your Friends at MARS Canada Inc.
    That's what happens when you buy cheap pet foods. They probably won't tell you this, but about 90% of the protein in Whiskas Cat food is from corn, something your obligate carnivore cannot thrive on.

As much as the pet food industry (and where I work) will hate this, I think homemade pet food is the best option, specifically raw.
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Slaney View Post
    You should donate the food!
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

My dog eats a high quality dry food, but when he does get wet I use Wellness, Halo and Merricks.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

There are two kinds of the ceasar that I like....well, I like to feed my dog, lol. One I think is the Porthouse Steak. I can't remember the other, because I don't have it on hand. And instead of being one big clump of meat like the other ones, it's pulled meat in gravy. I mix it with his dry food and he loves it! Lunch is favourite time of day and we have to spell the word whenever we say it, or he gets all excited, lol.

Thread Information