• 9 Post By cyn88canada
  • 1 Post By sweetmomma
  • 4 Post By cyn88canada

Thread: Real Canadian Superstore (ON, gta) Nov 28 - Dec 4, NO TAX FRIDAY

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Expired on: Thu, Dec 5th, 2019
    I have a feeling there may be some good deals in this flyer...but, the pics blurred together on me. Someone find the best deals and make me a shopping list...lol.10lb Farmer Market russet/white potates, yellow onions, carrots for $1.98 is nice to see.And, if anyone is buying the (really bad deal) Esso Price Privilges gc, it may be better to buy here at RCSS, and NOT SDM because you may get the points immediately. SDM, I think the fine print said there was a delay in receiving the PCO bonus points.Next: FreshCo, Metro...that's all. Gotta get some fresh air today or I'll start to look like an old zombie
    Attached Images Attached Images                                                                  
    Want to buy me a coffee? You can! But, you don't have to! In fact, I encourage you not to. ('Cuz postage is ridiculous). But, if you insist on it...well, you can drop a buck, or two, here: paypal.me/cyn88canada I emphasize, you do NOT have to -- a coffee icon tossed my way is gold. + =
    Illegitimi non carborundum!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Thank you! So many deals so little time on Fri!

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    Ciel likes this.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Can you explain why the Esso card is such a bad deal? Aren't you saving $10 at the pump and earning an additional $5 in points?

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

not bad when it comes to lower end televisions

thanks
    Public Mobile referral link (get a $10 account credit): https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans?referral=Y400O9
    EQ Bank referral link: https://join.eqbank.ca?code=DAVID6261
    Wealthsimple referral code (get a cash bonus): 76B9GW
    Neo Financial referral code C6J8L2M4

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Thanks for the early post Cyn

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Very good deal for 1 day if you live in Brampton only. listed in the flyer is Buy 2 Quaker instant oatmeal get 3,000pt , can price match Season foodmart they have the Coconut flavor for $0.88. there is also .50c coupon from tasty reward.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Laurabelle81 View Post
    Can you explain why the Esso card is such a bad deal? Aren't you saving $10 at the pump and earning an additional $5 in points?
    Er, I hate the concept of paying for a discount...? LOL.

Okay, here's my arrgh-math. (I'm not good at explaining)

Neither the RCSS, SDM ad actually states which price privilege gc is on sale, but they both have a pic of

$0.05/L, maximum of 1000L ($0.05/L x 1000L = $50)

I'm assuming this is the card they're referring to...if it were a $0.10/L or higher, the math might be a bit better. I'm also assuming the card costs $40 -- it does not actually say so in the ad...!!?! Wow, just rereading it now, it is VERY POORLY WORDED. (You get 5K PCO for every $40 spent, but what if the gc actually retailed at $50...it's weird).

Anyway.

Let's say you pay $40 for the gc. Supposedly save $10.
    Also, get 5000 PCO points. = $5

So, you save: $15.

On the surface...wow, this is great!

BUT, if you break it down a bit more...

You save $15 over 1000 litres.

$15/1000L = $ 0.015/L = 1.5 cents/L

Depending on what the gas price is the day you buy, your actual percent savings will vary. For instance, Esso near me has gas posted as $1.16/L today.

(1.5 cents/L savings) / ($1.16/L) = 1.3 % savings.

If the price of gas is higher than $1.16/L, I'll be saving less percent. If lower, than I'll save a wee bit more. BUT...1-2% savings is IMO, pretty low if you have other options. ie: the CT gc deals (7-8% savings) are a better -- but, you have to be really careful with gc deals with all the fraud happening.

IMO, this not a great deal. There is a tiny savings if you ONLYbuy gas at Esso/Mobil. You're forced to buy here in order to use up the 1000L. If you don't use the 1000L, if you lose the card, if you switch to another gas station...your savings becomes less. Imagine if you pump 50L of gas at a time...your next 20 fill-ups have to be at Esso/Mobil to use up this card! I really don't like being stuck....especially when the value is low.

Some people get better savings depending on whether or not they use a credit card, and the bonuses it offers.

It's also bad because:

1. You can get a FREE 2.5cents/L Price Priviledges gc at many Esso stations. I have NOT checked this myself, but read it elsewhere...and have a vague recollection that this is true. I think I remember seeing them, but I haven't been in so long, I can't confirm. Sooooo...imagine the savings you get from this deal. Divide it in half. Is it still worth it?

2. Uh oh...I just hit a blank. There was another point I wanted to make, but I lost it. Ooops. I'll be back if I can remember it...(maybe after coffee...!) Sorry, gotta go...just got the "Time for Dinner" call.

3. Oh yeah...places like WagJag have better deals. You buy a $300 Esso gc, and get the price priviledge gc for $310ish. Don't have the details on me, but look for these deals. They generally are better because you actually get a full value Esso gift card...not just a "savings" card.

Ciao, gotta go!
    Want to buy me a coffee? You can! But, you don't have to! In fact, I encourage you not to. ('Cuz postage is ridiculous). But, if you insist on it...well, you can drop a buck, or two, here: paypal.me/cyn88canada I emphasize, you do NOT have to -- a coffee icon tossed my way is gold. + =
    Illegitimi non carborundum!!

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Thanks for posting

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

For the gift card explanation, @cyn88canada !
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Thread Information