User Tag List

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree1514Likes

Thread: December 2019 Frugal Chatter-finding the light among the hustle

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Well shoveled the snow this morning ,very light ,chatted with neighbour as he shoved 2 doors down wished him a merry xmas

I was chatting with my girlfriend of 30 years last night we were so close years ago now we see each other 3 times a year ,but chat every now and then ,she invited us to her open house xmas eve for a full hot buffet ,now we haven't gone on xmas eve to her house for about 4 years now but we may go -I am finding a few small gifts for her granddaughter and 2 grandsons

I am feeling a bit tired was up til 11.15 last night and woke up 5.30,i will try to bake at least one set of cookies today

Also wrapping a few more gifts ,did the majority yesterday
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Back from lunch! It took so long (they were short staffed and busy!) but was really good. Glad we ordered a glass of wine at the start! It was a pub and $85 before tip for 3 of us. $$$$ holy moly.
    Ciel, lilo0003 and dededi like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Evening all finished wrapping ,had a lovely chicken breast ,mashed potatoes ,corn supper
    Just transferred 120.00 to our savings so that was a good feeling ,all bills paid .

May go to shoppers on sat need to buy a few chocolates for the dropping in of over the holidays ,I always like to take something ,yes cath your gift is very nice ,I am sure your auntie will love the items

Asked hubby to pick up my prescription pills today as it saved me going to rexall and spending more -lol
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I’m done my Christmas shopping a long time ago I am giving scratch and wins to every stocking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

its currently 4 am.. thank you insomnia.

hubby and i took our 3 kids, my mom and my brother out for supper to swiss chalet. it was nice.

depending on how my day works out .. i may try for those last 2 shop the block.
    i will need to clean out my fridge. ..

since i couldnt sleep .. i cleaned the upstairs bathroom.. and half the dc rooms.
    i started my sb stuff as well. might as well take advantage of the being awake.... my 2 dogs followed me around.
    my plan is to have the house spotless by monday. donation peeps come a week tomorrow.

ok. thats it from me.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Gonna go visit our son and cara for a bit as we never get to talk to him ,we are always just saying by when I babysit

Then hoping to bake today and do laundry ,may need to go to shoppers as I am almost out of milk ,bread etc
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Ms. Sunshine is turning up her full brilliance on the shortest daylight day of 2019! Perfect timing.
    Just have to look up for any creeping snow or ice curling over roof edges or bus shelters (snapped a 5 inch section of ice on one).

Had involuntary wakeups at 1:29 am and 3:28am. Read and lightly ate -went back to sleep at almost 5am. Glad I had cooked a pot of brown and wild rice last night and had leftover cooked Japanese mix veggies-they were for breakfast this morning.

Friend gave me a copy of the December Tribute magazine (she went to see the new Star Wars film and gave me a ticket for Mon's show-very excited)-there's a Cineplex gift card promotion shown in the issue: buy $50 Cineplex card (at the box office, concessions or online at cineplex.com/holiday) and get 2 free movie nights (2 free popcorn, 2 free admissions, 2x 50% off any classic poutine or nachos grande)-coupons have $45 value. Coupons must be used either between January 13 and February 12, 2020 or Feb13-Mar.12, 2020 (as marked on the coupons themselves). Offer not valid on gift cards purchased with a Gift Card or Rec Room branded gift cards.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My honey made us a wonderful breakfast of Irish oats with fresh blueberries and raspberries and hazelnut coffee.
    I went to No Frills and grabbed lots of good stuff ( bananas, case of clementines, cucumber, mini peppers, English muffins, Hamburg buns, jello, tostitos, kettle chips, frozen fruit, fresh baguette , black beans, parmesan cheese,)came to $42.27. Used $40 in PC pts and then she refunded me $2.57 because the buns rang in wrg so totally free groceries!! Lots of meal ideas.
    Now I'm home and going to prep dinner ( thinking taco salad or something like that) and I'm going to make a tray of homemade mac and cheese too. Will go put a load of laundry on now to keep at it!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok.. hit costco - used caddle for reciept.. got .50 there. and 3.00 from co51 , went to staples.. got my printer ink.. gt 25 extra airmiles, and thing on my shop the block .
    went to a plant store.. picked up a new pothos , and new spider plant...

then foodland.. got buns, oj ect. and 1.00 at co51. picked up some coupons i plan on useing at metro .

home restarted sb. put things away.. made the kitcehn spotless and cleaned out the fridge.

tomorrow i plan on going and doing the last shop for shop the block.
    Last edited by Giseledta; Sat, Dec 21st, 2019 at 03:10 PM.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I don't understand why it's so hard to find the Staedler Textsurfer highlighters. Staples only carries them as online items and I'd have to buy a 2pk or assortment. Just will wait for the local college bookstore to reopen in the new year, as I can buy one or as many as I'd like. Counted out my 500 pieces of tubetti (narrower than ditali) pasta for the Money Master Class last night.

Dec.31 Coupon expiry reminders-the $1 Cracker Barrel (CZ tearpads the old ones), $1 Maple Leaf Top Dogs, $1 Vaseline product (for use at Loblaws stores excl. Shoppers) and the $0.50 off Eggo Waffles ones.

Erin Davis' book Mourning has Broken is my book in progress. After the first two chapters, I skipped ahead to the last two chapters. Ms. Davis has provided some grief tips that came from the local hospice in her new hometown.

Ms. Sunshine is sneaking away---sky is getting watery gray again. Oh well, she was delightful today!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Between CBC running episodes of Jamie Oliver's shows on weekdays between 5-6pm and TVO running food show segments (last night, a rerun of Nigella Lawson cooking with Anna Del Conte), I think I am set for much food watching on the tv in the next few days. Yesterday, I watched Jamie Oliver's Christmas Cookbook and realized most of the food prep was in the same kitchen used for his 15-minute meal show except that back wall of drawers (upper ones) are long gone and replaced by a counter.

His roasted potatoes are #potatogoals. Will consider them for January Christmas dinner, to give the other family members a break from the other favourite recipe I like for spuds.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Store hours reminder-grocery stores tend to close by 6pm on Dec. 24. Come Boxing Day, shorter hours such as 9am-6pm may be in operation.

Malls-best to check websites NOW if you or family members plan to do mall or big box outlet crawls next week. Those who live for last minute shopping on Dec. 24 better not wait for 5pm-some places may be long closed.

College and university departments/services may be closed early (12 pm or 1pm) on campuses on Dec. 24 until Jan.2. That could also impact computer access-best for students to look online ahead of time and find the hours (if any).

Municipal trash/recycling services will be off their timetable due to Christmas. Check for when any live tree recycling pickup collection is done in your area for January. Recycling-did you know some municipalities may have to pay a $$$ fee if they bring contaminated loads to the recycling facility. Be aware of what you can and cannot put into the blue box-rinse all food and drink containers (pay some younger family members to do the task to earn loonies for their money banks just as the kid in the Walmart ad does).
    Last edited by Ciel; Sat, Dec 21st, 2019 at 03:57 PM.
    Giseledta, lilo0003 and dededi like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ohh ceil -I read "morning has broken" a great read thats for sure

3 loads of laundry on the go between last night and today .Oh and just baked 40 small cookies my moms recipe ,now my dear back is sore ,so no shoppers today for me

I spent 36 in Dollarama on the way home from my sons -I have never spent over 23.00 there but I got 2 sacks for cara's and ashlyn's pillow presents 4.00 each ,gee they had some really well made tea towels 2.00 each may keep for me when mine get old and worn ,plus a few more stocking stuffers and a few toys for girlfriends grandkids as we are having a hot buffet meal at her house xmas eve
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I’ve been keeping track of Christmas gifts on my phone. This morning I sorted and put everything in ER-used gift bags. We will put everything under the tree on Dec 23, after my daycare girl goes home. Don’t want them out too long since it is tempting to young children and our 2 cats.

After free gift cards (from Swagbucks, etc.), Coupons, SCOP, freebies, I paid $40oop for Christmas gifts under the tree this year.
    I spent $21 on the items for dh’s work Christmas gift exchange.
    This does not include what Dh spent on my gift, which I’m betting is under $40. We might also get a Disney+ subscription.

Dh paid for this afternoon at the matinee movie. We went out to the new Star Wars movie this afternoon as a family. I explained to ds that it is the most expensive Christmas gift that they are receiving this year. Each of our children are getting 2 gifts, plus some “share” gifts this year.

I taught a full day yesterday. The schools will be closed for 16 days.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Dec 21st, 2019 at 06:41 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Hi ladies it's been a long 2 years i haven't really been on Smartcanucks a lot.In the last 2 years a lot has happen wouldn't go into anything right now.Just wanted to say hi it's been too long.Today is my oldest DD birthday I can't believe she's 54,i'm feeling really old lol.Well have a great evening talk soon.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information