User Tag List

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree1514Likes

Thread: December 2019 Frugal Chatter-finding the light among the hustle

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Day two ( an early trip over to Metro braving the snowy roads ) for another Redeem 95 get 25 BAM.
    I though Day one had been a decent OOP at just $1.98 spent after the redeem, but today it was just FIVE cents!
    Both the cashier and I laughed because it said 6 cents due but then it was rounded down! ha ha
    Tomorrow who knows what I'll be able to scoop up free for $10.00 ??
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

after work , went to bulk barn used a 5.00 coupon. dropped off stuff at VV. went to costco ...
    sticky toffee pudding... omg... omg... omg...

home. chiling for the night.
    might look up sticky toffee pudding recipie...
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I got the results of my nuclear x ray...it did not take 2 weeks because I have a severe fracture of stress .....dont need that....I had to purchase a boot at 80$ that clearly put a hole in my budget and wear it for 1 month and during the night too...I hope school can accomodate me with this thing..I will see monday..wish me luck with that....grrr
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@cath007 -glad you got your x-ray results early enough. Might a friend or relative have crutches or one crutch you can borrow to help you balance while wearing the boot at school? Hope you can work on making meals on the weekend so you have your school lunches planned ahead of time. Good posts about your coupons and deals!
    @Angela273 -the Universe is a good news/bad news thing about that job outcome. One advantage is that you are not left wondering if the position got filled (and bonus, you now know who got it) as is often the case with job interviews. Hope your teaching day was otherwise fulfilling and you enjoyed the school.
    @greentires4me -the new Bed Bath and Beyond flyer has the exact same baking pan/cooling rack/cutter combo for sale price of $24.99 (reg. $29.99) so you did score with your buy at Walmart! How sweet is the world that your appt is so soon once the healthcare contact learned about your cookies! Happy baking!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Thursday night brag-found a $12.99 Marks WindRiver coat on the rack at Value Village! Did not try it on nor had money with me on trip one. After supper, made trip two and tried on the coat. It has all the features I want except for colour. My mind basically said do I really want to wait until Monday to see if Talize has something similar and mind said go back to VV! Worked for me. Laundered the coat that night and it was mostly dry yesterday morning! Have to wash the forearms of the coat sleeves again another time as some dirty marks did not wash out during a warm water cycle. Will use the Palmolive detergent spot and scrub treatment when we next have a really cold night so I can be sure coat will dry overnight.

Friday-stayed at home and missed day 2 of an Advent contest. Mom and I both had sinus headaches. I dealt with the trimmed branches and bagged them as I knew rain is coming our way soon. Cooked quinoa with lemon juice and zest and some Herbes de Provence and mixed some of the quinoa with a tin of Rio Mare Insalatissma (yummy protein) for dinner. Watched Dark Phoenix and Yesterday DVDs (both had some wry humour). Pity I did not pop popcorn but Mom was resting and I wanted screen time (btw, Netflix was not working-I kept getting the Internet connection message so sibling either did not get a new card for December or the dvd player is acting up).

This morning-stopped at Shoppers for a Coke 6pk and a San Pellegrino $3.99 deal! Wished I had brought my cart but I had my super-duper PC black tote (Fortinos shoppers-Ancaster store did not have the 99 cent totes last week but are other Hamilton stores still selling them? I also have that rarely seen larger PC tote, which I used Thursday night to tote my new coat home).
    Did not have much of a breakfast-bowl of Triscuits with basil/garlic and quinoa. I likely will pan-fry two of the veggie burgers from the freezer for a late lunch and have some salsa with them.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Tuesday Dec. 10 -Bonus Senior's Day for 55+ (new! that means HBC is using the age that Home Outfitters used to allow) at Hudson Bay (source: current store flyer)

Olsen Europe Friends and Family weekend to Dec.8-15% off lowest ticketed price on almost everything*(In-store Only)
    *excludes new arrival Season's Favourites collection.
    Last edited by Ciel; Sat, Dec 7th, 2019 at 12:32 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Posted a Facebook Air Miles contest-ends tonight at 6pm ET!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Sobeys is rolling out Sensory Friendly shopping hours at all of its stores:
    https://www.facebook.com/Sobeys/vide...type=3&theater

I am noticing how Instagram accounts seem unavailable across many accounts. I looked at Down Detector as well. Going to be tough for contesters wanting to access the contests on IG!
    Last edited by Ciel; Sat, Dec 7th, 2019 at 01:26 PM.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Grocery Gateway is offering membership passes in order for members to get free delivery during their 3-month memberships.
    https://www.facebook.com/GroceryGate...EumA&__tn__=-R

There's also a new code for new customers to get $25 off their first order. Code is GROCERY (case sensitive). https://www.facebook.com/GroceryGate...type=3&theater
    Last edited by Ciel; Sat, Dec 7th, 2019 at 01:30 PM.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I heard something yesterday about another Ontario secondary school teacher strike but did not who or where.
    Next Wednesday, certain school boards will be targeted: https://www.thespec.com/news-story/9...=&utm_content=

Remind your friends and students in the separate school board about the Dec.21 strike in Ontario (one person who attends school was surprised to learn of the strike from me): https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...tion-1.5385293

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Afternoon -met up with a friend I see twice a year at tim hortons ,she treated us to a bagel and tea and we chatted for 2 hours .Then I went to go I gave her a small giftbag with a candle ,socks and hand lotion cost me 5.25 and she gave me a beautifull xmas arrangement real not fake for xmas and my 60th birthday that was in sept she said ,so lovely

Popped into food basics for crème and a few other items ,now off to catch up on my laundry
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went to the in laws for breakfast and visit after dropping DS at work. Got his skates sharpened while we went to a local coffee house and had a coffee and had some one on on time which was nice with my honey. Have laundry on the go. Putting away as I go. Cleaned the kitchen. Scrubbed the sink clean too! Dishwasher ready for dirty dishes from the weekend. Cleaning bedroom. ( was nice and clean but dresser is dumping zone lately. So hanging up clothes etc.

Went to Rona to check out windshield washer/$10 coupon deal decided against it since coupon is for regular priced items only (may go back for awesome front stoop mat on sale for $10!)

Need to get some fresh fruit!
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok.. took my mom to post office, lcbo, gr store and dollar store.

bought stamps ( cards,and coupon trades...) , reminded my mom about airmiles at lcbo , got money and donated t the christmas hamper drive at gr store. and purchased 1 gc for 100 at foodland ... thank you 100 airmiles

then took her home, .. helped with a few things at her place...
    went to rcss... and shoppers... went back t her place finished up and home now.

got .50 caddle., 1.25 on co 51, used 4.00 coupons, gave a coupon to someone .. and 50 000 ish in pc points

baking supplies are purchased rest for the evening, workk my sb. and chill with hubby
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Killed it with groceries. Spent under $4 cash and used $50 in pc pts.
    Veggie tray with dip on clearance for $5. Case of clementines are good(Ds had one on way home) apples, bananas, eggs (2), butter(2), classico alfredo sauce (6) Tropicana oj (2) ( one for xmas morning brunch) a few other things. Now the fridge doesn't seem so bare.
    Laundry still on the go. Just matched over 20 pairs of socks from a mismatched bin. That helps with the sock situation!
    Leaving soon for hockey.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Sat, Dec 7th, 2019 at 04:53 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

you are welcome to come do my socks if you ever run out of yours.... lol
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information