User Tag List

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree1514Likes

Thread: December 2019 Frugal Chatter-finding the light among the hustle

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    no stock at all at the Loblaws on Eglinton but I kind of knew that would be the case. I did get some Thursday at the Maple Leaf Gardens location and the manager let me use 5 of two different kinds of coupons so I was happy with that. They are going to charity so whatever I can get works for me. I will try again this week as it’s walkable from my office. @flemeth I don’t think you drive but someone in my neighbourhood was able to PM and coupon at RCSS oakville but they had not stock as of Friday noon and I never went back to check. I have also heard of people ordering it in their PC express orders and having the price and coupons honoured and I know you want these for donations as well so hopefully you get lucky.
    Thank you @lilo0003 I was at 2 Loblaws on Thursday and both had stock but was only honouring 1 coupon. Today at the RCSS closest to me the Food Bank was handing out bags for donation and I talk to the manager and was able to get 12 in total to donate so was very happy there was not any stock that was the last 12 on the shelf. I also got to PM the Barilla with Longos sale $0.99-$0.75= $0.25 had 12 coupons left so got and donate there and then. I was not happy I forget to take my Astro Keifer FPC other wise I would hVe been able to save a trip to the Food Bank. PM limit is 4 at the RCSS I shop at so was happy the manager was nice enough to let me get more than the limit.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    Thank you @lilo0003 I was at 2 Loblaws on Thursday and both had stock but was only honouring 1 coupon. Today at the RCSS closest to me the Food Bank was handing out bags for donation and I talk to the manager and was able to get 12 in total to donate so was very happy there was not any stock that was the last 12 on the shelf. I also got to PM the Barilla with Longos sale $0.99-$0.75= $0.25 had 12 coupons left so got and donate there and then. I was not happy I forget to take my Astro Keifer FPC other wise I would hVe been able to save a trip to the Food Bank. PM limit is 4 at the RCSS I shop at so was happy the manager was nice enough to let me get more than the limit.
    Only ONE coupon, jeeeeeezzzz. Stingy of them I would say, obviously they have the right to deny, but still. I managed to get 12 Dove Mens Shampoo at one Zehrs, no problem, and 36 various Doves at my other Zehrs with them taking all the coupons (my cashier had supervisor override which made it quicker). These are all going to various places (Friends, Family, Family Friends, Community Care) and still have to pick up 12 more, and anothe 12 with rainchecks.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I had an amazing shop at old navy today. I had a 60.00 off when u spend 150.00 coupon. I got it Black Friday and today was almost all stuff for various charities. 3 pairs of Jammie’s for a local donation, sweater for my older son and at least 15 pieces to send to a women’s shelter in the North. My total was 110.00 and I bought my gift card online from a work app for 88.00. For a 100 gift card so I was pretty pleased. I have all my donations lines up and ready to go, it’s pretty awesome what couponing has allowed me to share.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just put away 2 bins of clean laundry and put a load of darks on. All caught up and I am keeping up on it from now on!!
    Kitchen is clean and will wait to tun dishwasher since it isn't full.
    Just crawled in bed and will watch a movie.
    Giseledta, Ciel and Scottishgal like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

My friend Tracy told me she hates my sleep schedule how I go to bed early but up at 3am. It’s like as though I planned being up at 3am every morning not. I maybe take my meds early or slink away from hanging out with her. but she is always playing a game and never concentrating on the conversation. I once said “when pigs fly and there’s yellow elephants that eat cheese...” she didn’t even catch on I got up and left. She says the games help her concentrate yeah right it helps not listen at all. She wanted me today to grab her some pinnacle whipping cream vodka. I said no as I wasn’t spending half of my money on her. She’s lucky she got chocolate and a bag of chips from Walmart.

She plays the Me need this and that game with me. I am not a money tree or a pot of gold. She’s lucky she gets what she gets.

It takes me about 2-4hours to fall asleep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by greentires4me; Sun, Dec 8th, 2019 at 11:16 PM.
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    Only ONE coupon, jeeeeeezzzz. Stingy of them I would say, obviously they have the right to deny, but still. I managed to get 12 Dove Mens Shampoo at one Zehrs, no problem, and 36 various Doves at my other Zehrs with them taking all the coupons (my cashier had supervisor override which made it quicker). These are all going to various places (Friends, Family, Family Friends, Community Care) and still have to pick up 12 more, and anothe 12 with rainchecks.
    @johnb56789 I spoke with both managers and was told that the are following the coupons wording 1 per purchase. and which in there explanation that was an email sent out from there district manager. I even asked if I can do separate transaction and they refused. I know the have the right to deny so I didn’t argue with them .
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    @johnb56789 I spoke with both managers and was told that the are following the coupons wording 1 per purchase. and which in there explanation that was an email sent out from there district manager. I even asked if I can do separate transaction and they refused. I know the have the right to deny so I didn’t argue with them .
    One per purchase. One of the most contested coupon wording out there that I am aware of. I've spoken to different managers, supervisors, and cashiers at my stores (St.Catharines, Newmarket, and Whitby/Ajax) and the answer I have almost always gotten is one per purchase is essentially equal to one per item. If I were you, I would stop shopping at those particular stores if they are just gonna make it more and more difficult to save money. That's what I did when it came to RCSS Ajax, it was the final straw years back where a one per purchase coupon was denied, but then allowed "just this once".
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Monday! Heavy rain here today. Not looking forward to when the temps turn cold and freeze it.

Put my load of laundry in the dryer this morning. Kitchen was clean when we left the house. DS made himself extra chicken burgers for his lunch today.

Tonight on the go so nothing at home will get done. I will take something out of the freezer tonight for the crockpot tomorrow.
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    One per purchase. One of the most contested coupon wording out there that I am aware of. I've spoken to different managers, supervisors, and cashiers at my stores (St.Catharines, Newmarket, and Whitby/Ajax) and the answer I have almost always gotten is one per purchase is essentially equal to one per item. If I were you, I would stop shopping at those particular stores if they are just gonna make it more and more difficult to save money. That's what I did when it came to RCSS Ajax, it was the final straw years back where a one per purchase coupon was denied, but then allowed "just this once".
    @johnb56789 I would not be going back to either Loblaws stores unless the policy Changes. I also stop shopping at the No Frills that’s close to me for the same reason. I would not step my foot in that store. I also did the same to a few Walmart’s.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

QOTD( inspired by FBM's comment on laundry). Do you still sort your colours or throw it all in together like me? My sister told me for years you could wash it all together and I resisted until I think we were away on holiday and only doing one load-mixing works for me. I think the newer fabrics tend to be colourfast.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    QOTD( inspired by FBM's comment on laundry). Do you still sort your colours or throw it all in together like me? My sister told me for years you could wash it all together and I resisted until I think we were away on holiday and only doing one load-mixing works for me. I think the newer fabrics tend to be colourfast.

I only do whites and then everything else. I use bleach for my whites so that is why I don't mix anything else with them.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

laundry... i seperate. my oldest put her dark stuff in with my then white brand new towels... i have non while towels now. she refuses to touch towels as i may have yelled ... loudly....

flemeth.. i refuse to use coupons at certain stores. my local.. as in 2 min away .. i only shop specials.. only. and i ran out of buns .. so .. yea. i do 95 percent of the rest at other stores even if it means i spend mre money on gas. not really caring.

ok today. meat loaf in crockpot. mashed pot and veggies for supper.

today is cleaning day. 3 kids. we painted they loved it. it was good.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Yes I sort my laundry, Whites, light coloured and dark

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I usually try each week to just 2 loads, 1 is a mix of whites & towels and the other is a load of darks/reds

Since time of use hydro came in, I try to mix loads as much as I can to limit the number of loads done each week, I always aim for 2 unless we are washing bedding.
    barbis9, Ciel and lizzie bargain like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

evening -i try to seperate according to colour but not always as there is just the 2 of us ,always do my towels seperate than the rest of clothing

lilo-awesome deals for donating at old navy -I bought hubby a sweater there last month and he loves it

I had cara today -took her to the playground ,it was mild rain when I went at 9.30 a.m ,then coloured with her read her books and then we cleaned mommy's front hall closet out

She slept 2 hours and 15 minutes so I watched a netflick movie ,in between doing my son's and his familys laundry

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information