User Tag List

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree1514Likes

Thread: December 2019 Frugal Chatter-finding the light among the hustle

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Working today, the branch I am working at we all had to be in at 6 am, I was here at 5:30. I jokingly tried to change branches as yesterday I entered all of a different location's data capturing so today they will be out extra early today but I got laughed at.

I am still up and down with emotions, there is still not resolve to the current situation and I have a feeling there will not be one until sometime in the new year. I am not someone who lives with uncertainty well.

Thursday night I did not get as much done as I wanted, I spent over an hour cleaning but other than the kitchen I feel like I did not get a lot done. Last night I was so tired but forced myself to clean, again the kitchen was done and I started cleaning off one of my dressers. I am horrible for just throwing things on top of my dressing to deal with it later and don't deal with it.

I am forcing myself to clean because I feel I need to get it done but I have been so tired it is so hard to focus so I keep just working on things that need to leave our house, garbage and recycling that has not gone out. Although last night I also cleaning in front of back door, this is in our kitchen and one of Mom's fav places to just put things to deal with later.

Last night I was also annoyed, it seems like the more I clean the less Mom does. It is really that hard to put your dishes in the dishwasher when it is dirty. But oh well I did it, it is done.

Not much else going on, I am so beyond tired it is not funny. I really hope we are not here super late today as I have so much to get done this weekend. I need to still make the following for Christmas:
    Lental Soup Mix in a Jar
    Peach Butter
    Pear Butter
    Cranberry Butter
    Apple Butter
    Honey Cinnamon Butter
    Chocolate Butter

Plus I still have not wrapped all of the crochet I did. Plus I started making a list of things of things I wanted to get out of the way this weekend when hopefully I have more time to focus.

Alright well better get back to work. Hope everyone has a wonderful day
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Sassy - hugs, and more hugs. i hear ya on the housework... same here. if that helps a t all

ok up.. took my mom 4 places. she snapped at me several times... and ran into my mother in law 2 times.. first tie she point blank refused to say hi to me and all but ran past me.. second time.. i said hi and yea. thats a thing. FYI- my moher in law dislikes me ... unless her son is around..
    honestly.. way to much negitivity for early on a saturday morning.

i plan on taking my youngest to get a pair of dress pants. then prob baking. feel the need for cookies.. hubby found a movie on netflix for us to watch later . and i may partake in a bottle of red.. this morning has been ... fun.. and movie and relax with hubby sounds good
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Giseledta -hugs and mugs of tea to you as well. Did you tip off DH about the encounter? And that your own mother snapped at you while shopping (that usually sends me to hike off when my own mother is like that)? Definitely a cookie day!

So, mixed precipitation forecast for today was accurate. Stepped into puddles that felt like an icy gel was forming on the tops. Weird. Then the big flaky wet snow showers that changed more to a powder snow consistency.

How strange that I did some raking and branch collecting yesterday in the springlike weather and now this wet stuff. Toted my clothing bag (got a discount coupon for future purchase) to Value Village, where I spent almost an hour checking out books, dvds and cds for 40% off. Ended up with 5 books (get 1 free wub 4 and one title was Gail Vaz Oxlade's Money Talks) and 2 dvds. Oh, I found a $5 bill snagged in the bushes on the way to Value Village (must have been due to the snow squall weather from Tuesday) so I added it to my other cash to buy books and dvds. Ran a load of laundry before a late shower then washed my runners. Most everything dried overnight!

Felt like a jack-in-box with 1:29am and 5:48am wakeups (latter meant something for breakfast, quick and easy). Heard the rain in the early morning while making more progress on one of my new books. I won't make it in to see Santa at Longo's today due to the snow (somewhat slippery on the sidewalks). Since I have a new tin of ground ginger, the gingerbread spice blend is due to land in a bowl of steel cut oatmeal (3min kind) later today as I crave oatmeal and tea (with sugar).

Value Village will have a 50% off clothing, bed & bath, shoes and accessories sale. Public gets in on the sale Monday (Club Members get a Sunday start on the sale).

David's Tea will have a free tea of day tomorrow for International Tea Day if you are out at the malls.

If the weather conditions don't look so slippery tomorrow, I intend to attend the Dofasco Xmas party for a bit of colour and peeking at kids' gifts!
    Last edited by Ciel; Sat, Dec 14th, 2019 at 02:57 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Oooh, holiday stickers! They look different from the ones I got at Sobeys with my two bottles recently.
    Giseledta and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

If you want to try for a new 24" Bosch dishwasher, today's the day (see contest thread).

I will post a local contest for $25 Esso Mobil gas cards (happen to see the contest post).

Muji Canada started a daily holiday giveaway contest on Instagram-it's posted in Contests!

Olsen Europe has a gift card contest on Instagram (just posted it in Contests).

Happy dreaming and contesting!
    Last edited by Ciel; Sat, Dec 14th, 2019 at 02:20 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and lilo0003 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning Everyone,
    Working today, the branch I am working at we all had to be in at 6 am, I was here at 5:30. I jokingly tried to change branches as yesterday I entered all of a different location's data capturing so today they will be out extra early today but I got laughed at.

I am still up and down with emotions, there is still not resolve to the current situation and I have a feeling there will not be one until sometime in the new year. I am not someone who lives with uncertainty well.

Thursday night I did not get as much done as I wanted, I spent over an hour cleaning but other than the kitchen I feel like I did not get a lot done. Last night I was so tired but forced myself to clean, again the kitchen was done and I started cleaning off one of my dressers. I am horrible for just throwing things on top of my dressing to deal with it later and don't deal with it.

I am forcing myself to clean because I feel I need to get it done but I have been so tired it is so hard to focus so I keep just working on things that need to leave our house, garbage and recycling that has not gone out. Although last night I also cleaning in front of back door, this is in our kitchen and one of Mom's fav places to just put things to deal with later.

Last night I was also annoyed, it seems like the more I clean the less Mom does. It is really that hard to put your dishes in the dishwasher when it is dirty. But oh well I did it, it is done.

Not much else going on, I am so beyond tired it is not funny. I really hope we are not here super late today as I have so much to get done this weekend. I need to still make the following for Christmas:
    Lental Soup Mix in a Jar
    Peach Butter
    Pear Butter
    Cranberry Butter
    Apple Butter
    Honey Cinnamon Butter
    Chocolate Butter

Plus I still have not wrapped all of the crochet I did. Plus I started making a list of things of things I wanted to get out of the way this weekend when hopefully I have more time to focus.

Alright well better get back to work. Hope everyone has a wonderful day
    Your Mom knows that you will clean so she doesn't bother. Is there someone (ie counselor/social worker) that you can talk to?
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Feeling like having a craft session with dryer duct? Here's your wreath project:

https://www.homehardware.ca/en/holid...ECDA5A29CCC11D
    Last edited by Ciel; Sat, Dec 14th, 2019 at 03:01 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @Giseledta -hugs and mugs of tea to you as well. Did you tip off DH about the encounter? And that your own mother snapped at you while shopping (that usually sends me to hike off when my own mother is like that)? Definitely a cookie day!
    i texted him as soon as it happened. we have been together a very long time.. she has never liked me.. and yea.. i tried for a very long time.. just not anymore... i do full disclosure to him at every ienncounter sadly i have learned i have to.

my mother i suspect is stressed over Christmas .. and i am the person she snaps at.. it is what it is. doesnt make it easier..
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

What a yucky day. Had brunch out with a group of ladies and decided to stay put once I got home. Baking my Christmas squares now. I only make two Christmas treats and the one requires 3 batches because everyone loves it. It’s the Hello Dolly that I posted about last week. This batch goes to work for the holiday potluck. I think I will make the meatballs that DH and I had planned to do tonight. Then tonight can be wine popcorn and Love Actually. It’s my favourite Christmas movie.
    Also had an Amazon order arrive so will do so wrapping as well. @SassyAshley your mother is lucky to have you, but caring for parents financially should not be a child’s responsibility especially when it means that she has decided to absolve herself of everything. Even if she can’t contribute equally to finances she can load the dishwasher, I would have lost my $h!t by now.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

SA-I agree with those suggesting counselling. You are probably too young to remember Ann Landers advice column from years ago but she used to say you can only be taken advantage of by those you allow to take advantage of you-or something along those lines. I know it is awkward because you and your Mum share a place but you should not be working your a** off and paying for most things and also loading your Mum's dishes and washing her bedding etc-something has to give. I am assuming she managed to do more when you had your surgery and she can do more again. Sorry to be so blunt but... I hope you can resove things for the new year.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Called my uncle to see what is going on and he was just busy but he invite me to see my mother side familly for a christmas lunch the december 26 so happy!!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, Dec 14th, 2019 at 07:43 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Our local theatre had a free 2pm movie today, Arctic Dogs. We went as a family and bought a few treats to share.

I used a 10% discount coupon at our local Salvation Army. I’ve had that coupon for years. $9 for t-short for Dh, short sleeved dress shirt for ds, necklace to use the chain with the pendent I made for twin girl, and two chapter books for ds.

Other second hand store I collected another stamp on their discount card. $10.50 for lined spring/fall jacket for twin girl to grow into, pants and pj pants for ds, Princess pjs for twin girl.

If you have a Dominos account, it has a holiday bonus for a free medium pizza. I upgrade 2 medium Dominos pizzas to large pizzas for $6.66. There are leftovers for tomorrow.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Dec 14th, 2019 at 07:48 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

DD will be home on Tuesday for Xmas so DH and I are looking forward to that.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all.
    baking 3 kinds of cookies today. so fun, laundry- not so fun but needed... and i have overnight kids today fun.
    should do a bit of housework as well... and vacume...
    also dollerama

after dollerama... i will need to plan out some dc stuff... busy week with t eh lovies.

sharing 2 frugal.....

last night supper ... mock swiss chalet... huge chicken.. swiss chalet marinating pkg, french fries, and swiss dipping sauce. total cost under 15.00 and enough chicken for supper tonight, bones for some soup... and a homemade chicken noodle soup for a dc lunch.

2nd frugal ...
    yesterday i needed to buy a pair of dress pants for youngest.. we went to old navey... didnt find any.. but found jammie pants on sale for 7.00 each.. so picked out some for the family... stood in line for 15 min... line was so slow.... still 30 people away from cash.. ( 2 people working cash ... ) youngest looked at me.. mom.. need or want... do you have enough gifts to give...
    person next to me... turned and listened... and i looked at youngest and said.. ya know.. yes... i have enough for everyone... and we left the freaking insane line....
    Last edited by Giseledta; Sun, Dec 15th, 2019 at 10:24 AM.
    or Swagbucks

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information