User Tag List

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree1514Likes

Thread: December 2019 Frugal Chatter-finding the light among the hustle

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

happy thursday all. i have my over night kids tonight. so it will be a long day

i have crafts planned and more laser tag, they will love that.
    dc wise, 2 kids have tomorrow off and i wont see them for a week.. that makes tomorrow easier.
    tomorrow night i have a dinner with my mom and brother.
    i will be ready to sleep in on saturday . lol
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Updated three daily contest threads with today's code words!

Little Potato Company sent an e-mail about donating potatoes (one pound for every person that entered their last contest) to two food banks (one in Alberta and one in Wisconsin). Still no winner name for the 52 weeks of free potatoes, but by completing their short survey, the company provided a 13th potato recipe.

Verdict on the oat and lentil meat loaf-the ketchup topping saved what was otherwise a dry crumbly loaf with hardly any flavour (could not taste the herbs). Think tofu and I are parting ways...
    Last edited by Ciel; Thu, Dec 19th, 2019 at 01:43 PM.
    ROMEO likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Updated three daily contest threads with today's code words!

Little Potato Company sent an e-mail about donating potatoes (one pound for every person that entered their last contest) to two food banks (one in Alberta and one in Wisconsin). Still no winner name for the 52 weeks of free potatoes, but by completing their short survey, the company provided a 13th potato recipe.

Verdict on the oat and lentil meat loaf-the ketchup topping saved what was otherwise a dry crumbly loaf with hardly any flavour (could not taste the herbs). Think tofu and I are parting ways...
    Yeah I don't dig tofu at all either. I don't care how much you fry/spice it up it is still tofu lol
    ROMEO, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Yeah I don't dig tofu at all either. I don't care how much you fry/spice it up it is still tofu lol
    And my guy sent me a pic of his lunch today that he just made....noodle soup with veggies and tofu haha..... No worries on me eating the leftovers lol
    Ciel, walkonby, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Nevertheless, I ate the remaining half of the veggie loaf around 1:30am this morning, had some Dr. Pepper and did some reading before returning to bed. I had a strange dream of working at an older Metro store without training on the cash, was ringing up my own order (not at self-checkout but a regular conveyor belt checkout) with a bill over $400 because I made scanning errors (multiples) and did not know the codes to correct the errors. Had a Molly Ringwald colleague lookalike give me side-eye at learning of my plight. Then the other cashier was cashing out and I was still worrying about my plight until I woke up around 6:30am. Don't think the Dr. Pepper sent that dream my way--it must have been the tofu from dinner and early breakfast!

While watching bits of various morning shows, I heard about the tentative bus union agreement reached with the City last night-hurrah, buses are rolling today. Let's see how the voting goes.Did some light tidying up this morning, made a pot of Earl Grey tea (a mug for me and the rest to help improve the air quality after Mom's evening cooking last night), took a shower and got out of the house. Had a 20 cent bottle return.

Library friend is treating me to a free movie ticket to the new Skywalker film with her Scene points purchase! She's seeing it tomorrow and I'll see the film on Monday.

Bundled up in layers for today--it's not quite as bad temperature-wise as I had anticipated. The wool scarf definitely kept my top half toasty warm while the socks took awhile to warm the legs.

Surprise thrift store e-mail-Value Village began its 50% off Holiday (brand-new and used) sale today. It continues until next Tuesday.
    lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

To brighten the home, I bought two little pots of cheery cyclamen flowers on my walk home yesterday. Toted them in my PC tote. Took them out at home and fuschia flowers all drooped and the other pot had only flower still upright. Poured a little warm water on top of each pot to "revive" them (did not work), then dunked each pot into a soup bowl with 1/2 inch of warm water and left them to soak for 10min.
    Rather hoping if the open blooms don't perk up, the unopened buds (about 2 per pot) will open up and be ok in the house. Should have thought of flowers earlier in the week and skirted this "deep freeze and droop" scenario.

L'Epicerie had a Yule log taste test with hospitality school students and a chef (Ricardo has a three chocolate version of a Yule log). There was a corkscrew test with three different varieties of the gadget. A $5 one and an OXO version were the best of the test group. Then TVO had a fun Generations Divided segment about the "OK, Boomer" meme featuring 4 guests representing 4 generations of Ontarians on The Agenda.
    lilo0003 likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Questions of the day about SHOPPING BAGS:

1) Does your Loblaws-affliated store still carry/sell the 99cent PC black tote bags?
    (A: my store has not had them for a couple of months but recently did get the large tote bags that sell for $1.49).

2) Have you received or been sold the Holiday paper bag at Winners/Marshalls/Homesense as depicted in their #OfflineShopping television ads?
    (A: I've not shopped in those stores recently so I don't know if the bags are available.)

3) Are you tote-ready for when Sobeys stops selling one-use plastic bags on Jan. 1, 2020?
    (A: yes, plus I have the reinforced bottom totes and a shopping cart. Need a large insulated bag, as my smaller one can only carry on large frozen box or 2-3 smaller frozen items)
    barbis9 and lilo0003 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Ok. Here’s my update.

I received a phone call at 11am on Tuesday. I could have my MRI in the middle of the night on Thursday or else I would likely have to wait until the end of January. I’d already been waiting since the first week in September. It’s been a really long couple of days, but I had my MRI at 2am this morning, in a city 2.5hrs away.

I managed to do this without shutting down my daycare. Dh was able to help me with that, so that I could catch a bit of sleep. I ran a fundraiser at ds’ school last night, in connection with his Christmas concert.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Dec 19th, 2019 at 04:47 PM.
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier evening everyone!!! I am so tired on being in my foot boot...I have to wear it the nights too..so not a great sleep ....very incomfortable.....
    I have difficulties to take the stairs and go outside with it...

Put a little Christmas tree on the kitcken table today...it is kind of nice to celebrate more Christmas this year.I will maybe put my big one in the living room will see

I hope not to be sick in the Christmas time period with the memory of my mother and brother.

Auntie bring me 2 days ago some goodies for Christmas ,fruits cake and sucre a la creme ,a shirt and yves rocher 3 shower body wash and we chatted 1 hours was nice

Will go to a coffee with a friend of my brother during the hollidays ...hope it will not be too painfull

Will go to my auntie house I hope and my uncle house for a christmas lunch the december 26..kind of upset of what to bring...I will bring a gift to my aunt and a christmas log ,2 box of ferrero rocher and a box or 2 of planter cashews....is that enough for familly I have not seeing in 6 years ???? I hope it will be fun and light ambiance..I am stressed

Ok if I am not loggin in at christmas I wish you a good christmas to everyone!!!!
    Off to listen some music and christmas movies
    ROMEO, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went to RCSS redeemed $30 in points and got back $3.60 in pts with the Christie crackers offer and I had a personal offer. PM Food Basics for $1.67 crackers. I need to go over flyers tomorrow and write out a list as I forgot a few things. Nothing urgent but want to have stuff DS likes since he will be off school for 2 weeks and eating me out of house and home.
    Ciel, coupon girl and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I am now off for 2 weeks. Plan is to relax, visit family and take a bunch of stuff to donation. There is some stuff just accumulating in the basement so it’s time to go. Have another long list to do today but will take a break to have lunch with a friend. We are have a few friends over tonight so must go and tidy the house.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@cath007 I think gifts of food are a great idea. At this age I do not need more stuff but totally appreciate when someone gives a consumable gift, especially one I can share. Personally I never buy cashews because I have no self control so a gift of them would be awesome.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

A hole system erased all my hard work on here.

I made brownie/cookie it was delicious. I took some a person I left it on their counter I am sick of people being negative to my baking at 5am. I do this once and awhile but no they have to be rude and a-holes.

I am tired but cannot sleep grr I don’t know what’s wrong with me. I am also thinking about groceries. Since I have nothing to eat in my house. Besides 2-3 lbs of frozen ground beef. I think I am going to Walmart it’s the only thing that opens at 7am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ciel likes this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF!! I am so ready for Christmas vacation! Going to lunch with the office girls so basically the day is done!!

I told DS I would bring him home Chinese for dinner. He will have the driveway spotless (he better lol)

Taking it easy tonight. Hope to find a good movie to watch and just relax. DS works in the morning so I will do my last min gift grab after I drop him off (LCBO for a few bottles of wine and SDM for Gift cards) Then will go home and wrap and be done!!

Oh I have to dig out the dog's gift. I forgot I have that to wrap still (bought a 4 pk of toys from Costco months ago)
    Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

its friday. i am so ready fora few days of nothing. sigh.

tonight we are taking my mom and my brother out for dinner. we are going to swiss chalet... its my moms fav.

the daycare and i are having a jammie day. reindeer food has been made. this afternoon i have a few colouring ornaments for them to finish off and we will play in the snow.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information