User Tag List

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
Like Tree1514Likes

Thread: December 2019 Frugal Chatter-finding the light among the hustle

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

off to costco and gr store for my mom. and pick up her garbage and recyling.

not sure what supper is ... thought all kids were home.. but they are not.. so menu change.

hit first goal already on sb . so will play there later when watching tv . when i am back.. i will do some housework. relaxed day
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Need to go to Value Village today for a drop off. We have one in our city now so i gathered up the piles that have been waiting for a trip and loaded them in my SUV yesterday. Feels good to get rid of stuff. We are travelling this weekend as we have Christmas with my brother and family on Saturday and then with my in-laws Sunday. We are staying in a hotel so that we do not have to drive home and back again, this is what happens when everyone downsizes. Our dog can spend the night at my moms place and all the neighbours will spoil him with treats.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

hello -just got in from toronto at noon ,didnt sleep well at my daughter's she made a lovely roast meal with homemade sour dough bread ,glazed carrots and mashed potatoes corn and peas and she bought small bakery tarts at a greek bakery (I brought home 3 )

We spoiled our kids this year with a bit of cash after their gifts -they said we spoiled them but I don't care I would rather give than receive ,we got gift cards ,a new brita ,gloves puzzle for me k-cups and laura secord hot cholate plus I got some cash from my daughter will put towards the shoes I bought

We are bit drained 3 grandkids under age 6 tires you out
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I got an instant pot for Christmas. But I left it at my moms house because it was too big to fit in my aunts trunk.
    I am happy to get down to business and use it. But first it needs to get here I asked my mom but who knows if she can drive here and if there’s stipulations with her driving in town to drop it off. Since she was in town yesterday and didn’t think to drop it off which really bugs me.

I am going to no frills today and buying some tp and other groceries. I have a $10 gift card to pc grocery stores. I didn’t get there I went to shoppers instead and bought Christmas chocolate on sale.

I am trying to scrape together pieces of the puzzle my mom is coming over to redesign my house I am not pleased. I don’t want her over at all. She critical of me and it doesn’t fly with me. I told her I just want my instapot not her to come over. I made room for it on my desk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier evening everyone!!!! Just relaxing because I have a hard headache ....

Supper was cranberry chicken with mashed patatoes
    Have a awesome night!!!
    Giseledta, Ciel, walkonby and 1 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

My mother was over and drove me nuts she was here for 4 1/2 hours and I wanted to strangle myself. She asked me if I felt better about my place I said no. I don’t think she gets me and does whatever she pleases, Which is a pity.

Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@greentires4me -Rep for you in piping up about the fire hazard sofas at the building.
    Super that you now have an Instant Pot to use for meals---culinary genius will be letting loose and being creative! You may start noticing people outside your door when they sniff something cooking. Maybe you'll be able to skip the building meals while you dine fabulously in your apartment.
    Giseledta and barbis9 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greentires4me View Post
    My mother was over and drove me nuts she was here for 4 1/2 hours and I wanted to strangle myself. She asked me if I felt better about my place I said no. I don’t think she gets me and does whatever she pleases, Which is a pity.

Survivor rep for you!
    Giseledta and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Merry Christmas (Day 4) to everyone on the Smart Canucks forum! Missed seeing the first viewing of TVO's Victorian House Arts and Crafts special but saw that the rebroadcast date will be 8pm on Monday night (here's hoping I get the tv remote first).

Whew! 83% of bus union employees voted in favour of offer #2 so Hamilton area has transit service. That's a gift for commuters this week! I did not see the early 6pm part of the news last night and did not know if a vote update was announced.

Spent most of yesterday with best friend doing errands and organizing. She took me to see a decorated house (after dark) with synchronized music on the FM dial and the Nutcracker melody (one segment) was very lovely with the light show.

Is anyone familiar with Tiffin flavour Dairy Milk chocolate? I know tiffin is a metal stacking food canister set so what flavour would be in the chocolate bar? Across the Pond sells that flavour (along with many others).

Plan this afternoon is to get some food items at Shoppers and a grocery store then hike to Value Village to check out the remains of holiday decor and seek some tabs for hanging file folders.

I cashed in $1.20 in containers this morning and put $1 towards library printing (now 0 balance) due to an article and two worksheets printed. Still having the jack-in-the-box up and down risings in the early morning. Today prior to 7am, I decided to make 1/2 batch of rosemary-garlic roasted butternut squash (ground ginger does give the dish more depth) then follow that with a sheet pan of chopped cauliflower/carrots/parsnips with mild curry powder and olive oil-the kitchen was toasty warm this morning!

Was pleased to turn the heating down 2 degrees last night. Mom did not agree with me but given the mild day, it made no sense for furnace to be working most of the day (and the dry air is really drying me out). Waking up this morning was easier. Must remember to have the small water bottle filled with a touch of salt for future early risings to help my body deal with dryness when I need a beverage (the box of 7up pop is going empty...).
    Giseledta, barbis9 and coupon girl like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

afternoon all.
    tootally just geeked out and orgasied my desk and day planner. ready for 2020.

i have a plan of stuff i want to get done in Jan. so that is good.
    i am hoping for a pretty frugal money.

on that note... i have 18.56 in google opinion rewards... any ideas on what to use it on...

donation stuff was picked up so tht is good to get out of the house.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Hi all!
    I had some quiet me time and shopped a bit. Finally found the Jean's I wanted at Mark's. Bought 3 pairs to try on at home and will return and re buy the ones I want with gift card.
    SDM I spent $85 ( used $75 gc gifted to me so $10 out of pocket and received $25 in PC pts) I got a hand blender and kettle on for $17.99 each regular $44.99. 3 x men's shave gift sets at $9.99 each ( razer alone sells for $21.99) 2 are Christmas 2020 gifts!. 1 roll of nice wrapping paper and 2 gifts for my niece. Everything on boxing day clearance. Then went to a family open house and ate way too much food!! Time for a movie now
    Thank you so much for posting @Frugalbigmama. I found the kettle for $17.99 and I'm so happy!!
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Thank you so much for posting @Frugalbigmama. I found the kettle for $17.99 and I'm so happy!!
    Good!!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I returned an item to indigo for my cara today as she already had the toy and came out with a pop open hard easter book 2.00

Then over to bed bath and beyond large double roll of santa on a sleigh paper 7.99 on for 3.99-20% coupon =3.19

then to micheals 70% off some xmas stuff
    (3) paddles with balls you can marker them the pictures .90 after 70% off
    (3) sticker books .74
    (1) pkg of 2 xmas tea towels 5.40 for the set
    (1) xmas rope for tying on large gifts .90 as thin ribbon didn't cut it this year
    one craft of rinestone pictures 3.49 for easter for my older granddaughter

looked in shoppers but they didn't have any great xmas gift sets or reduced stuff ,so just bought milk
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sat, Dec 28th, 2019 at 07:37 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Thanks @Ciel !!

My mom is changing service providers I am not impressed what if I wanted a new phone?

Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Shoppers drug mart has some good deals on Christmas chocolate.

Last edited by greentires4me; Sun, Dec 29th, 2019 at 12:26 AM.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread Information