User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Arjon

Thread: Zoomer mobile: $36 a month for 2 years incl a phone, $150 in credits - updated Mar 29

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Update: The $36 ($40 minus 10% plan) is now 800 anytime minutes with 5 GB of data. Until Mar. 31, there's a $100 activation credit for new lines plus the referral fee for new customers is doubled to $50 each for the referrer and the new account; all that's needed to get this a code from a current customer.

Fwiw, my two-year contract was up recently. I looked around for other options including visits to three places that offer multiple carriers. For my mobile usage, Zoomer clearly offered the best value at this price point, just like two+ years ago.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My current two-year contract with Zoomer ends shortly, so I've been looking for a better deal that fits how I use my mobile phone. I've yet to find one, so in case anyone else has similar needs, these are the main elements of current holiday bonus offer for the plan I'm on, and that it looks likely I'll renew. There are other plans ranging from ~$15 to $95 a month for those with different needs.

$40 a month - 10% discount that everyone gets = $36 on a two-year agreement

Includes a selection of several phones at no additional cost if you stay the two years. The top choices seem to be the Samsung A10E (entry-level model released in 2019) and for keyboard fans, the BlackBerry KEY2 LE (2018). It's also possible to upgrade by paying various amounts up front, from $75 for the step-up Samsung A20 (2019) up to $700 for the Google Pixel 3 64 GB (2018).

200 daytime (7AM to 6PM) Canada-wide minutes + 200 bonus = 400*
    unlimited minutes evenings and weekends 6PM-7AM
    *a "loyalty" bonus of unlimited daytime minutes is available upon request after six months
    500 MB data + 3.5 GB bonus = 4 GB

unlimited incoming texts
    unlimited text and MMS (Canada/INTL)
    mini voice mail

$100 activation credit (new lines only)

referral credit of $25 (sometimes $50) with a referral from a current Zoomer customer (who gets the same amount)

maximum available signal coverage and data speed since Zoomer uses one of the "big three" network (Rogers owns Zoomer)

Although I've focused my search on plans from both Zoomer and other carriers that fit my needs, I'll be glad to answer questions about Zoomer and mobile phone / plans in general based on what I've seen and learned. Just pop me a PM. But be advised I'm not a "phone person".
    This thread is currently associated with: Rogers (Plus)
    Last edited by Arjon; Sun, Mar 29th, 2020 at 10:21 AM.
    uanoor and brandedlab1 like this.

Thread Information