User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: No sneak peaks from cyn88canada for a while

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Expired on: Sat, Jan 2nd, 2021
    Hey. So, um, I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right area, or not...I thought about posting in the Rant section just because I've always wanted to post something there, lol...but, it probably doesn't quite fit in.

This message is to those who know me from the Flyers section, and who followed me over here to see what's going on with me...uh, just in case whoever is reading this blurb doesn't hang out there, and is wondering how I managed to muddle my way over here...cough, cough...

Anyway...not sure how to say this, so I guess I'll just spit it out.

I've just been diagnosed with breast cancer, which has spread to the lymph nodes. It's a complete shock to me. I've always been relatively healthy, and I never see the doctor -- which, may have been part of the problem. I found a tiny bruise.lump on my breast 6 months ago, but ignored it. Went to a walk-in clinic recently because it had not gotten better, and well...mammogram, ultrasound...bad news. I'm still waiting to see quite how bad it is, but...it's not good. Chemotherapy is probably one of the first treatments because I'm past the stage where a simple surgery will work. Beyond that, I'm still waiting for more details (it's only been a week since I've pretty much confirmed cancer)...and, what my treatments will be like.

Suffice to say...I probably won't have the time/energy for sneak peaks. I figure once treatments start, I may be....weak. We'll see. If I get bitten by a damn zombie, though, it'll probably get a mouthful of bad drugs...I hear chemo can be brutal. Bleh.

I might not be hanging out at SC too often...I want to get some more paperwork done before treatments start. Not sure when that is because of the holidays, and also, when they can book me for whatever they're gonna zap me with. Should be interesting.

Sooo...that's that. If you send me a message, or reply...I may not respond because I'm conserving my energy. (Mentally, too -- I just feel tired, sometimes). But, I thank you in advance for any kind words, or good thoughts you may send me way.

Cheers....until the next time!

(which...may be next week, I dunno...I'll probably still feel great until I get a drug cocktail...who knows? Meh.)

OH! PSA: If you feel ANY change to your breast area, a hardness/lump...whatever...do NOT delay. Go see a doctor and get it checked out. Go immediately. Better to be proactive than not.
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess
    Want to buy me a coffee? You can! But, you don't have to! In fact, I encourage you not to. ('Cuz postage is ridiculous). But, if you insist on it...well, you can drop a buck, or two, here: paypal.me/cyn88canada I emphasize, you do NOT have to -- a coffee icon tossed my way is gold. + =
    Illegitimi non carborundum!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

So sorry to hear the bad new
    I will miss your weekly blurbs on your postings while you are on the mend and look forward to seeing them again soon when you feel up to returning to us
    Get well soon Cyn
    Last edited by Thatdone; Sun, Dec 22nd, 2019 at 10:04 PM.
    cyn88canada likes this.

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

Take care of yourself, cyn88canada. Get well soon.
    cyn88canada likes this.
    Search & Win using Swagbucks! Redeem for amazon.ca/Cineplex/Shutterfly gift cards.
    Click >>> Swagbucks <<< and start earning your own.

[vbp_tr_most_helpful_all]
    Trading Score
    492 (100%)

Very sad to know about this cyn, but I am sure you will fight away this cancer and come out as a winner. Will be looking forward to your coming back to the forum. All the best.
    ROMEO and cyn88canada like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Obviously, your health comes first. Take care of yourself and participate or not according to how you feel. Best wishes for a positive prognosis of course.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

many hugs. you can beat this!!!
    ROMEO likes this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Oh no Cyn that sucks but you can beat this Kick Cancers Ass do not go down without a fight I am sure you have been racking your brains over this but dammit you dont deserve this no one does. You got this, we got your back
    We will keep posting coffee icons for you here keep us posted on any progress I hope to hear nothing but good news but we are here for you for the good and bad. If you want to blurb we will listen
    I feel like I've known you for so many years if there's anything I can do just ask

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk
    Natalka, ROMEO and walkonby like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Glad you followed your instinct although this is not the response you were looking for. I know you've got this! Stay strong and take care of yourself first! Hugs & Kisses!

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    ROMEO likes this.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

There really are no words that help, but know that your SC family is keeping you on our thoughts and prayers.
    ROMEO likes this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@cyn88canada I am very sorry to hear the bad news. You will beat this monster. Take care of yourself my thoughts and prayers will be with you for a full recovery. We will miss your posts. (((HUGS)))
    ROMEO and walkonby like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@cyn88canada just read your post this morning and must say was NOT expecting that kind of news. You are always so upbeat and comical, I feel crushed for you now facing this medical challenge. As other members have shouted....FIGHT this! Cancer can be beaten, we are all pulling for a full recovery for you!
    ROMEO likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Take care and have hope! A coworker recently went through the same diagnosis - it was a long process, but she managed to overcome everything and get a good outlook. Wishing you all the best in your treatment.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Will miss your very entertaining posts! Sending lots of heartfelt healing thoughts your way (and a big hug).

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I am so sorry to hear this.always really look forward to your blurbs and flyers.

take care of yourself..that is what is important.
    Last edited by immac2947; Wed, Dec 25th, 2019 at 08:00 PM.
    walkonby likes this.

Teachers Have Class
    Trading Score
    520 (100%)

@cyn88canada , you have been and continue to be such a positive influence here at SC. As you deal with the challenges of fighting this cancer, please know that many, many of us will be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers that you will be blessed with a full recovery.
    Last edited by lotsasavings; Mon, Dec 23rd, 2019 at 04:21 PM.
    walkonby likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information