User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: Christmas 2020 Chit Chat

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I'm still making good progress on Christmas gifts. I picked up some Christmas cards and I'm going to send the cards out super early.

I noticed some cashback offers on Caddle that seem appealing for stocking stuffers. i.e. $3 off 3.35" Kuraidori paring knife @ Homehardware (reg $5.99) and $5 off Husky Screwdriver set @ Homedepot (reg $14.98). Aside from that I pretty much have to wait for Black Friday/Cyber Monday for wireless headphones for DH.
    Ciel likes this.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Found Christmas cards while cleaning storage area. Will fill them out next week and mail then beginning of December. Haven't sent cards out in a long long time.
    Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Given the glut of toy store catalogues from the last week and a half, a friend and I decided to pounce on the Mandalorian puzzle shown in the Mastermind Toys book for ourselves. I will wrap up my box when it comes so I can look forward to opening it at Christmas time.

We also went to check out toys and Xmas items at Walmart and Canadian Tire today. CT stocks The Mandalorian toy chest which really is a costume box of a kind, based on the chest's label of contents. Worth a glance at the CT supply of gift tags and bags too! Found a $5 bill in the parking lot as we were leaving.

I opened one of my Hudson Bay e-mails to see the two female actors from Schitt's Creek headlining the Holiday Gift guide. Spent some minutes dreaming of a posh Christmas and my, that Dyson hair dryer still looks good! I could really want a pair of $59 pyjamas...
    coupon girl likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I now have two grandchildren bought for ,i finished my grandson yesterday at mastermind because they had 20% off for grandparents .The store was busy about 6 people with lots of toys when i was there at 10.00.The guy told me grandparents day is the busiest day of the month in sales.

I saved 32.98 from shopping yesterday .
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Bought 3 gifts on Saturday when i shopped at SDM 20x the points wus $50.
    Will get a few more gifts this weekend hopefully.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Bought the new Wimpy book for DS for Christmas (tradition) at Costco.
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I also purchased a lot of Christmas bags and gift tags off the Market place for $3. All new and cute and different.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Today's trip to Brantford had me looking at gift wrap (something all purpose and not themed-gold with black dots worked for me) and gift bags (always good to have an assortment of prints/solids or sizes). Found 2 discounted gift bags at Winners, 2 more at Christmas Spirit plus a package of shirt/sweater gift boxes, and the roll of wrap at Hallmark, along with foil stickers at Brantford Surplus. *Martha Stewart fans*check your local Winners stores for rolls of wrap, decorated clothespins, tags and stickers!

Surprise discovery-some funny coir mats for your door (adult humour/pop culture i.e comic book's WonderWoman) or winter/Christmas themed ones) at Sunrise Records, Hallmark and one other store.
    crafter likes this.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

since i got married like over 10 years ago, we have always spend christmas with my hubby's family and they always have a big christmas then new year celebration. This year due to covid, we are staying home in Alberta and so I have to buy a christmas tree and we went with a pre-lit one, tomorrow i'm taking my DD#1 out to shop for ornaments, tree topper and tree skirt.
    we put up the tree today to make sure the lights work and my 17 months old face just lit up when she saw it, she was soooo happy; it was priceless
    ROMEO, Ciel, crafter and 2 others like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Purdee View Post
    since i got married like over 10 years ago, we have always spend christmas with my hubby's family and they always have a big christmas then new year celebration. This year due to covid, we are staying home in Alberta and so I have to buy a christmas tree and we went with a pre-lit one, tomorrow i'm taking my DD#1 out to shop for ornaments, tree topper and tree skirt.
    we put up the tree today to make sure the lights work and my 17 months old face just lit up when she saw it, she was soooo happy; it was priceless
    Yes, emotions are cool. Despite the complete mess in the world, we still need encouragement, a holiday, and positive emotions! So, I'm not going to limit myself to buying gifts either. At least I'll send it by mail. And I will definitely dress up the Christmas tree. And I will cook delicious treats for my household.
    ROMEO and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

While on Twitter, I noticed that CHCH Morning Live had featured an Oakville store called Retro Festive. Lots of pop culture gifts. A few items featuring The Child from the Star Wars The Mandalorian show. Lots of fun looking socks too.
    ROMEO likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

1 more item then I am done! Hopefully Laura second will get in some dixies so I can continue the tradition for my mom. Feels good to be done!
    ROMEO and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Speaking of Laura Secord products-I noticed that the Hamilton location of Bed & Bath Warehouse's recent flyer showed some gift sets (jam, hot drinks with mugs or chocolate) from $5.99-$15.99 in prices. I have to look on the Laura Secord website to learn what range of jams come in the sets.

Today I learned that special person in the community will be retiring next month. I got a couple of preferences in the sweets dept. so I can start looking around for treats to bring her way and I know where to get a card. At least two or three recent flyers offer loyalty program points when you purchase 2 or 3 cards from particular lines this week.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information