User Tag List

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree1333Likes

Thread: January 2020 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I get paid this Wednesday and I am hoping it’s a lot of stress free worry since I also got rehab fund from mental health I need to go pick up. To use for a weighted blanket. There’s so many options on amazon to pick for weighted blanket options I hope I choose the right one. Or maybe Canadian tire still has some they did last year.

I have to go buy a new shopping cart as mine has fallen apart so Canadian tire I have to go look to see if they have any available.

I wanted to sleep in but no such luck I went to bed at 8:30pm woke up at 1:30am went back to sleep at 5:30am and it’s now 9:48am.

I can never seem to fit enough money into what I need over what I want for pay days. I need to get a weighted blanket and a cart. Because I have extra money for the weight blanket $100 to be exact.

I have exactly nothing to eat because I made a tomato soup last night with all my canned tomato products. Next time we’re going to the store to buy chicken for chicken noodle soup from scratch. And more mirepoix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ciel likes this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Laundry on the go. Started with my bedsheets! Fridge cleaned out. Kitchen clean. Cooking up lonely package of ground beef for nachos later.
    Found an awesome birthday gift for my niece. At Home Depot of all places.
    @ gambling. I get tons of free comps. I just work the system and am very lucky. My house/car and bills are paid and I would never jeapodize that. It's my cheap entertainment. I dont smoke, rarely drink or shop for sport. So that is my fun.
    JadeAngel and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

tracking every penny i spend on groceries is eye opening. sigh .
    all shopping is done.
    snow is blowing....
    i popped 2 chicken breasts in my smallest crockpot and taco seasoning. whaving wraps for supper.

got 2.50 on caddle. 1.00 last night. and 2.00 on co51
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

This month, I have unsubscribed from about 8 e-mail lists (want to get off 7 more lists soon). Some places are still emailing more than 3x per week and I've started to get firm with my inbox (not to mention when I'm offline for 2 to 3 days, the inbox can get unwieldy with all the deals, offers, condo pre-sales and the like). Still waiting on a few birthday freebies to show up in my box.

Put over $2 on my library card-have a couple of print jobs to do today and am ready for Monday's tax form copying!

Do I have company with other SCers in stating that Pedro Pascal (the Mandolorian actor) as Max Lord really reminds me of the Century 21 real estate agent tv ads from the the 1980s and 1990s? It's the yellow jacket in one part of the Wonder Woman 1984 movie trailer that provides that linkage for me.
    barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    tracking every penny i spend on groceries is eye opening. sigh .
    It's also critical. The most basic goal is to reduce the amount one spends. It's very difficult if not impossible to know where one stands in this regard without knowing both how much one has spent in the current period (e.g. this month), and how much one spent in a comparable past period (e.g. last month, last Jan.)

Note that just counting up how much I saved doesn't give the full picture. As a simplified example, I can use more coupons and redeem more points this month I did than in Dec., and still spend more money.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    It's also critical. The most basic goal is to reduce the amount one spends. It's very difficult if not impossible to know where one stands in this regard without knowing both how much one has spent in the current period (e.g. this month), and how much one spent in a comparable past period (e.g. last month, last Jan.)

Note that just counting up how much I saved doesn't give the full picture. As a simplified example, I can use more coupons and redeem more points this month I did than in Dec., and still spend more money.
    Gails first or rather one of the first actvites was to come up with core values.
    i personally see a direct relation from my core values to my gr spending.

i do however have to keep that in mind.. and be a bit more ... proactive with groceries. get back to some frugal roots
    à
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok.. f rugal fr the day.
    my smallest crockpot... its tiny.. it ment for dips.. i bought it at value village.
    i poppped 2 large chicken breasts in it ..
    i can actually fit another in and still have loads of room. ok.
    so .. less energy re crockpot... and effective supper usage.

chicken wraps for the win.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I taught the full day yesterday abc have a 1/2 day booked for Monday. Unfortunately both are rural and involve a fair bit of driving. Positive is the advance notice which makes it much easier to pack a healthy lunch and snacks. I’m trying to eat healthier, which is resulting in the need to buy more fresh produce for my snacks, etc. I have only bought my work lunch once this school year. I was called last minute for a 1/2 day, it turned into a full day so I bought a $5 lunch at their cafeteria.

We are still in the -40, so we took our kids to an indoor play centre. I used a coupon and our collector’s card was full again, so we only had to pay for 1 child today. We packed our own water bottles and snacks from home. We went home to cook lunch, then came back to play more. We’ll go home to cook supper and settle in for the night.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

@coupon girl I work in Binbrook. @greentires4me weighted blanket should be 10% of your body weight plus a pound or two. 🙂

Said goodbye to our friend today. Funeral was so sad. Took my nephew to the hockey game, lots of fighting and our team lost! Busy day in the weather.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Fresh clean bedsheets are wonderful! Love the new comforter my sister gave me. Feels just like my duvet.
    Deals for the day. Birthday Gift for niece reg $30 marked down to $10. 2L milk and 4pk Danone Greek yogurt .99 each at SDM after reduced sticker. Expiry days away. Redeemed $30 in PC pts. Redeemed $6.50 in coupons. Received 3250 back in PC pts.
    Filled up with gas cheapest in town was 109.5 and PC pts.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning -woke up with a cold second one this month (could be my lack of sleep ) as no grandkids are sick .

cooked a nice pork tenderloin roast on sale sobeys $4.13/mashed potatoes and steamed carrots last night

So just relaxing today -not going out at all.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Just checking in with a budget report from Argentina.

Wine $3 per bottle in the grocery store
    Bus or subway ride- 30 cents
    bunch of bananas-$2
    gas $1.20 per litre

I got a good airfare on United Airlines for $860 US return from Calgary to Buenos Aries. At the same time my husband applied for a new credit card with a $250 statement credit, which brings the cost down to $610. It also included 25,000 bonus airmiles and 2 United passes-valued at about $550-and I am earning enough miles flying for a one way trip for my daughter to fly back from uni in Vancouver. So I kind of feel like I am on a free vacation and lucky enough to escape the bitter cold. I happily exchanged -30 for +30 and have free food and accommodation here with my sister .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Productive day so far. Laundry on the go.
    1 bathroom clean. Tossed some junk from basement. Found touch up paint needed. Put together tons of pairs of socks! My odd sock drawer is almost empty.
    Oldest DS gave me a pile of new underwear to give to his brother and a few that were garbage.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    Gails first or rather one of the first actvites was to come up with core values.
    i personally see a direct relation from my core values to my gr spending.

i do however have to keep that in mind.. and be a bit more ... proactive with groceries. get back to some frugal roots
    à
    Tracking how much you spend is a core element that programs like Gail's emphasize because for example, if my family's monthly grocery budget is $500, I can only know whether I've gone over if I know how much money I've actually spent. Only knowing I redeemed $100 of miles and/or points, and used coupons with a total face value of $75 doesn't tell me that. Neither does counting how much less I paid vs. regular prices.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i am going to go do some housework in a bit.. then just relax for teh day.
    it should be a busy week
    or Swagbucks

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information