User Tag List

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree1333Likes

Thread: January 2020 Frugal Chatter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It’s finally supposed to be nice out this week. It’s sunny today and our solar panels are trying to make the best of it. It’s nice to see them producing even though it’s so cold outside.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Busy today because yesterday I stayed in due to the storm. Older son and I are heading out to value village. As he is looking for kitchen stuff. Then a stop at the Asian Grocery store, we don’t have one in our area and there is a candy he loves. Hopefully I will find these great produce deals that’s Sassy talks about. Went to a clothes swap today and picked up a few things. My goal is no new clothes this year. Mostly because the impact of fast fashion is killing us. So I am going to embrace thrifting. This is just for me. DH and the kids may or may not join me in this.
    Last edited by lilo0003; Sun, Jan 19th, 2020 at 09:49 PM.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Yesterday I saw my sister we went to shoppers and save on foods both were incredibly busy. I scored some deals and used gift cards to pay.

7.99 Campbell’s soup case saved $10
    3.59 mr noodles case saved $1.40
    7.99 Seven up 24 pack saved $4.50
    Total $22.37 used my $25 gift card.

My sister gave me the shoppers $25 gift card.

2 Peak freans cookies 1.88 each
    Candy canes box $0.25
    Kraft dressing $2.99 each
    No name eggs 2.29
    Total 12.34
    PCO points 180
    I still have 12.66$ left on the card.

And I forgot the bread

I got something my sister doesn’t have which is Bluetooth toque and she said she would cherish and not take back. I gave her the receipt anyway. She liked her presents. I gave her tampons, static spray, socks and Bluetooth toque. Practical stuff.

She gave me some sodastream liquids, a selenite rubbing stone and shoppers gift card $25.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dinner tonight was honey garlic tofu, rice and mixed veggies. He made the tofu ediable and I actually enjoyed it!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

lilo - i love thrift shopping and i need new clothing this year too .I felt like crap today ,watched t.v and did a bit of my puzzle .Idid get one warm long sleeve top this year at eddie bauer in the fall it was 27.98-50%=13.99-10.00 promo they sent me so for 3.99 a bargain and its the warmest top I have .I am for sure checking out thrift stores lately-cant on Monday as i babysit ,so if I don't get there on seniors day 30% on Tuesday .I can always use my 20% off donation discount slip I got in dec from value village

lilo-is the clothing swap you went to with friends ,just curious ?
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Library - audio book for tomorrow
    DQ - 3 snack sized FPCs from a local fundraiser
    Gas + points
    WM - $9.44 in Coupons, $6.97 SCOP pecan pie, $21.68oop
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Jan 20th, 2020 at 12:58 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@coupongirl it was at my Weight Watchers meeting location. I got rid of more than I picked up. I got a sweater and two capris. VV was so busy. We were just looking at kitchen stuff for DS. I need new cereal bowls but have a very hard to find pattern so I found a set of dishes at Costco that had 6 place settings and two bowl styles. So I bought the dishes for DS but I took 4 of the cereal bowls and he still has the soup bowls, it was still far less than buying just the bowls.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Monday! A cold day here today!

I am happy with all the laundry being completed on the weekend. Finally on top of it and will keep at it so it's not out of control. I even cleaned out some junk from laundry room and will keep on it so I can get it all nice and organized.

I can't wait to see what this upcoming PC offer is that they are sending emails about. Starts on the 23rd.

Stay warm!
    Ciel, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i am with you about the pc offers. i think they were good last year. fingers crossed. !!!

my mom is at the hospital today with her pace maker appt. hubby is with her. she does not want me there. so i am on night duty.

oldest starts a new job today. youngest has a dr appt tonight.

its going to be a long day.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I must admit I am a little hesitant about the PC offers coming up. I have seen the emails but a lot of times I find when they run promotions they do not work for our household.

I know I am a bit of the odd one out here but we really do not shop at SDM except the odd shop here or there for a few things so almost all SDM promos go unused. I just cannot justify their higher prices as well as our local SDM does not carry grocery, older store with no room and the closest one that does carry grocery is not very customer friendly. Almost every time I go in there I have issues on check out, I originally thought it was a coupon issue but the last time I went in to buy hair spray she was fighting me on the sale price. She rang it in, it rang in at the sale price but she said the price was too low so she got someone to check the self and it matched, even then she was not happy and called a manager. Then she and the manager stood there for about 5 minutes saying how the price must be wrong, it was too long, it must be an error and then wanted to charge me full price as it must have been an error head office had not caught yet. I ended up walking out with nothing and going to our local store to buy it where they rung me out, at the same price with no issue.

Even I find most of the grocery promos are not for items out household eats. It seems like a lot of promos are for what I consider pre packaged items, oatmeal, granola bars, cereal, frozen meals. We make all of our oatmeal using oats we buy at Bulk Barn, I gave up granola bars a few years back to cut costs and cereal we only eat on occasion so I rarely buy and we have never been big on freezer meals.

I am hoping for something we can use but I will not be surprise if it is something that does not interest our household.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Not frugal I admit but I booked a trip to Iguaza Falls while I am here.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I must admit I am a little hesitant about the PC offers coming up. I have seen the emails but a lot of times I find when they run promotions they do not work for our household.

I know I am a bit of the odd one out here but we really do not shop at SDM except the odd shop here or there for a few things so almost all SDM promos go unused. I just cannot justify their higher prices as well as our local SDM does not carry grocery, older store with no room and the closest one that does carry grocery is not very customer friendly. Almost every time I go in there I have issues on check out, I originally thought it was a coupon issue but the last time I went in to buy hair spray she was fighting me on the sale price. She rang it in, it rang in at the sale price but she said the price was too low so she got someone to check the self and it matched, even then she was not happy and called a manager. Then she and the manager stood there for about 5 minutes saying how the price must be wrong, it was too long, it must be an error and then wanted to charge me full price as it must have been an error head office had not caught yet. I ended up walking out with nothing and going to our local store to buy it where they rung me out, at the same price with no issue.

Even I find most of the grocery promos are not for items out household eats. It seems like a lot of promos are for what I consider pre packaged items, oatmeal, granola bars, cereal, frozen meals. We make all of our oatmeal using oats we buy at Bulk Barn, I gave up granola bars a few years back to cut costs and cereal we only eat on occasion so I rarely buy and we have never been big on freezer meals.

I am hoping for something we can use but I will not be surprise if it is something that does not interest our household.
    While there's a fairly common perception that SDM is really good for earning points, it's certainly not the case for everyone. Fwiw, my situation is similar; even though there are several SDMs in the area where I shop, I don't find all that many times when there are enough deals on things we use to reach the minimum spend on a 20x day. A major reason is that, like you, I very seldom buy frozen prepared food no matter the deals; e.g. last year, I bought 0 frozen pizzas. When I am able to reach a required spend, it's basically always with the help of FPCs that are far more often for items to donate (including granola bars and cereal) rather than for things we use ourselves.

But even with such shops, under 10% of our total points earned last year came from SDM.
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Regarding SDM. I went in on Saturday with the intention of spending $50 + (if the deals lined up) I left spending $1.98. Reduced 2L carton of milk and 4pk of Greek Danone yogurt. This happens often for me.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Saturday-getting to the library was fine, even with a tote of groceries. Going home-about 1/3 of the way was hard as the salted snow plowed off the road onto the sidewalk increased the height of snow and made it feel like brown sugar. Sidewalks were not cleared by the City plows at that point but they were out on Saturday night. I scraped off the sidewalks (mostly) and the top step, as the fine rain at the time was likely to freeze overnight. Was right as on Sunday morning, a fine layer of ice crisped up the sidewalks.

Sunday afternoon-I chanced going out to Value Village before visiting Longos for a few items. Found a wool beret at 99 cents-it cost me 55cents at cash! Happy! Took a quick look at office supplies (no file folders or pageholders) and glanced at pants (no navy contenders worth my time in the fitting room). Longos-since I used up Mom's lemons for the greek roasted potatoes in the morning, I got two fresh ones, plus reduced price bananas. Added tinned tuna, the vegan pumpkin choco-chip loaf, celery ($1.99-sweet!) to round out my shop-just under $18. Could hear the music from the arena far away out on Wilson St. W. Glad it was a sunny but cold Sunday with a light touch of flurries in afternoon (saw some greyish snow clouds). Used my Starbucks gift card to get two baked treats to heat up at home and enjoy with tea (I needed that!). I had also made warm lentil salad to have for meals after the potatoes were consumed (the yellow ones I bought about 3 weeks ago were going gummy and had sprouted eyes).

This morning, my body said no to going out despite the brilliant Ms. Sunshine beaming away. Afternoon-I knew I had to get out. Discovered the new copier does not need to flip double-sided pages before printing 2-sided copies. Made my tax form copies, glanced at the weekend papers and Friday's too and returned one library item.

Crochet fans: Simplicity has two Valentine's Day small projects posted!
    https://www.simplicity.com/simplicit...IM202001Sale_2

https://www.simplicity.com/simplicit...IM202001Sale_2
    Last edited by Ciel; Mon, Jan 20th, 2020 at 04:15 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Took a second look through the February 2020 issue of Consumer Reports-a letter written to the magazine indicated that all Google Chromebooks have an auto end of life policy of allowing only 5 to 6 years of security or OS updates. Then the units are obsolete. The countdown on the useful life begins on the manufacture date of the Chromebook.

CR provided this link so you can check your device to learn of its auto end of life expiry date:
    https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/6220366
    barbis9 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information