User Tag List

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree1333Likes

Thread: January 2020 Frugal Chatter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I had daycare kids from 6:40am-3:45pm today. A short end to my work day was a nice surprise.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Very happy with my $5 box of fruit from Flashfood app. Clementines, apples, pears and 28 limes!!! DS already ate a bowl full of clementines.
    Kitchen is clean. 1st load of laundry hanging to dry. 2nd load in washer. 4 pairs of yoga pants hanging to dry so I'm set for the weekend
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Wed, Jan 22nd, 2020 at 07:19 PM.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I got paid today I went multiple places...Walmart then a cab home $6 I forked over for that. Shoppers then no frills then home. Then puff and stuff a head shop then triple o’s for lunch. I carried it all home. Also went to the corner store.

My feet hurt and I am tired I started my day at 5:30am. I cuffed 3 packs of cigarettes last night and got all the money back today.

I won $3 and free $3 ticket on a scratch an win.

It’s nasty outside I want pizza maybe but it’s pouring outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama I have never had a bad experience with Flash Food. The last produce box I bought had the hugest yummiest grapefruits. I also check the location by my office as they have crazy low bread prices. Blue Menu English muffins for 25 cents and I just throw them in the freezer.
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning up early again ,so i did a load of laundry before 6.00 a.m and baked blueberries muffins.

So ticked I forgot to move a few p.c offers over yesterday ,but then I got to thinking sometimes there prices are so high at shoppers ,the bread I usually buy is on 2/5.00 on sat ,so I was loading my giant tiger offers this week and their sale prices are awesome and their bread is 2/4.00 d'italiano.So I think a stop to giant tiger is on the plan for today and sometimes its nice not to get caught up in points programs
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    @Frugalbigmama I have never had a bad experience with Flash Food. The last produce box I bought had the hugest yummiest grapefruits. I also check the location by my office as they have crazy low bread prices. Blue Menu English muffins for 25 cents and I just throw them in the freezer.
    That's good to know! I am very happy with my 1st purchase! I'm needing to pick up some corona's for the weekend to use up all the limes
    ROMEO, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I haven't had issues but my store sometimes has nothing showing up. Yesterday I got lucky as they had kale salad kits for .97 each and they don't expire till tomorrow. I bought a few other 50% off things as well. I had to laugh because when I was in the actual Loblaws store they had the same salads for 50% off $5.99. I hope this program does well enough to continue but not well enough for massive amounts of people to partake!
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

My Tangerine Key is:39626323S1

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Tonight I need to finish up the laundry. Kitchen was clean when I left. DS needs to empty the dishwasher when he gets home from his exam (I will pick him up at school and drop him off at home when he is done) I washed up the few dishes that were in the sink from over night.
    The fridge is really empty and I am happy about that. It will force me to use up freezer stuff. I am going to try not to buy anything till Tuesday since we have tons of fruit to eat up (the box I got plus watermelon and pineapple!) We also have frozen fruit and veggies.

My oldest DS is borrowing my vehicle today and leaving me his. So it forced me to clean out mine which was needed. I had the youngest bring in all the junk from my vehicle into the house last night so I could clean the bins out. Tossed crap, have my bag of returns ready for Costco and have my shopping bins back to be used for shopping! I have 10 large items I picked up for my sister (the cardboard kits for kids to build a big house that they colour with markers then they can play in) I found them at CT for $14.99 and let her know they would be great for birthday party gifts for my niece (she is invited to so many parties!) So I had to move them into my diningroom till I can deliver them to her or she comes up. Once I get my vehicle back I am going to take a bucket of hot water and a cloth and wipe it all down inside

Have a great day everyone!
    Ciel, coupon girl and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Longo's has changed its flyer start date from Wednesday to Thursday-noticed last night when I was reading the flyer dates (for two weeks and saw Thursday instead of Wednesday).

No Frills' flyer lists Paldo seaweed snacks at 98 cents each! What a deal! The T&T ones are the same price and are ok as second choice if the Paldo products are sold out.

Did a can walk along a route I don't do as often (weather/snow) and found one can to go with the bottle from home-30 cents cash! Noticed that the local SupperWorks meal store had closed.

Last night, my self-care included cracking open the new Jan/Feb Martha Stewart Living magazine (found at the library) and I went soft over reading the editor's Care Package editorial. Rather much like I feel like seeing Baby Yoda clips online-all soft and cuddly, though my Goldilocks mind keeps telling me, what would the 50-year Child have to say about being small and cute but having all that wisdom and being surrounded by bipeds who don't understand HIM??? This morning, I made a point to keep my morning tv time under 15min, ate most of breakfast in the dining room and spent more time on self-care (and made that cup of tea I needed). I have been trying to keep early morning risings minimal and three days in, I have been managing to rise closer to 7am. That lagging feeling certainly acts like a filter slowing down my intentions and actions to get things done when energy is at its highest.

I don't recall when part of the roof dumped its snow last night or overnight, but the packed snow and ice had to be cleared as best as I could with the metal shovel this morning. The other side likely will dump its two inch layer of snow and ice today or during the night. Fun times ahead, looking up to see if there is snow curling or edging over the eaves!
    Might get to round two of oiling the door lock (I did a quick lube two nights ago as turning the key was a very hard act in the cold evening air) later in the day and check on other locks. Had noticed that my telescoping can of 3-in-1 oil does leak if tipped so I'm glad I used a freezer bag and spare tissue inside to contain the can.
    barbis9 and lilo0003 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The late evening news mentioned that many Carlton Card and Papyrus stores will be closing-sigh, some of their cards are really wonderful. Mental note to remember to stock up on them soon! I know a selection of both brands' cards are carried in Shoppers stores but the actual card stores have so many more options!
    barbis9 and lilo0003 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

happy thursday all

ok. home today, i have my overnight kids tonight
    hubby will go over and check on my mom.
    i need to do a major clean on my house this weekend and a bit of meal planning
    i have most of my list ready for RCSS. it will be nice to get some good veggies
    i have some good offers so it should go well.
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

afternoon went out this morning stopped at sobeys for a few specials spent $36 and got 44 airmiles ,then on to giant tiger spent 63.42 but stocked up on bread and they had really good sales 1.97 for a large tray of blueberries;lettuce 1.47,liquid whole egg 3.97-1.00 for my offer -1.00 cpn=1.97 like this if I run out of eggs

I noticed baking powder was 6.50 for a huge large one as mine expired ,so I bought the giant tiger brand a smaller size for 3.12,the d'italiano bread was 2.00 limit 6 and I bought 6 ,energizer batteries 2.99 bought 2 packs and used the 1.50 cpn=2.24 a pkg
    so 99.60

Then went in to a local deli and got deli meat ,loaf of light rye bread and 2 jelly donuts $7.37

I may even miss going to shoppers 20 times this week but I do need milk soon .
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The Ontario Line TTC line project open houses in Toronto start tonight. @walkonby the first one is at the Ontario Science Centre-think that is the only one in Scarborough before the next three events move mid-city.

I was reading about the impact of the TTC train derailment yesterday causing morning rush hour chaos. On City-TV (Toronto) news last night, one male said how his boss told him to be at work within 5 min. or he'd lose his job. The man told his boss he quit, as there was no way public transit was getting him to work on time.

Almost forgot to mention that Hamilton is having its first wedding show of the year this weekend. Use promo code VM20 to get $2 off online ticket purchases. Event takes cash at the door only on Sat & Sunday at the Hamilton Convention Centre.

Hamilton Public Library will have some branches open tomorrow for the elementary school P.A. Day. Good day to get reading materials and DVDs for the weekend, that has the prospect of messy weather on Saturday.

To make today a little more fun, I'll visit Starbucks to use up the last of my gift card and some change for a treat. Maybe I'll find containers or other treasure (with a side visit to the thrift store for checking over tops and stationery supplies).

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I went to Walmart this morning and bought:
    3 for $9 chocolate bars x2
    Day old cake $4.50
    Day old mini strudels $2.57 x2
    Tampons x2 $9.57 each
    Fixodent scope x2 packs $11.57 each.

Total
    71.64$

And I have a package out for delivery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by greentires4me; Thu, Jan 23rd, 2020 at 02:42 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

A new school aged girl started an hour ago. She is doing well, playing with the other children.

During nap time this afternoon I updated my freezer inventory. I thought I had more ground beef than I do. I just pulled 3 pans of banana bread out of the oven. One loaf is destined for the freezer. Stuck a pan of chicken breasts into the hot oven for supper.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information