User Tag List

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree1333Likes

Thread: January 2020 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I would like a baby Yoda (a real baby Yoda) like other people want puppies. Adorable. When we get asked if we have a dog, I always say no we went for a third child instead. I would do a baby Yoda. lol.

My daughter that got her tonsils out has been struggling this week. Worse than when she first got them out. The worst pain is supposed to be midway during the 10-14 day recovery, but we didn't realize what we were in for. The scabs fall and it is quite painful. She has anxiety about the pain so she is struggling to drink. I have let her sleep with me and been pushing positive thoughts while she is drinking. Today she has drank a full bottle of water and had some food too.

Our furnace needed replacing this week too. It hasn't been heating the home up to par. We will see how much the bill is as we have family in the business. We aren't expecting a favour, but it is sort of how our family operates. Since my DH is not working, it would also be graciously accepted.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

i worked at home today as it was the younger sons 1st day of exams. So to ease the pressure I have almost always been at home on the 1st day to make a pancake breakfast and drive them to school. Its appreciated. The older one came home from college at about 2 and was happy for leftover pancakes. I am in the office Friday as a result so will do my big points shop Saturday. DH has some good offers and a No frills offer for 5000 points with every 50.00 spent so I will shop there. I am feeling good about how much stuff we are using up but we are now out of staples like rice & chicken fingers, don't judge they are a staple for the 16 yr old. I took advantage of being at home and prepped 10 of my steel cut oats for the freezer because it makes breakfast so much easier when I can grab and go.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF!!! Tonight is date night! We have tickets to Yuk yuk's, hotel room and will have dinner and breakfast there. All free with comps Leaving early today so we can get there early and use the pool and hot tub and relax awhile before the show.

I have my returns for Costco ready to go for tomorrow on the way home. Then I need to do my return to Mark's.

DS has a hockey game tomorrow night...against one of the worst teams of the league. I hope they take it easy on them since they know all the kids and I feel bad that they have had such a rough season.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
    Giseledta, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Another overcast and breezy day-I wore my beret today to help keep the wind out of my hood!

So on the walk to Starbucks, I found a Boston Pizza card (nothing on it) and a dime . Bought the last chocolate chunk cookie in the display case and walked to Value Village for a short browse. Admired three new to the coat rack women's coats in red (one had the shiny zipper and snap cover combo I love so much) but they are in smaller sizes (medium). Ventured into Longos to play a $1 scratch lottery ticket and won nothing. Popped into Cobs bread (their loyalty card program is when you have purchased 14 loaves on the card, you get the 15th loaf free) and then went home.

I managed to have two more cups of tea yesterday-that's a win as far as I can determine! Had my pasta and tuna dinner again.

This morning, I emptied my two bags of Little Potatoes to make the seasoned Greek Lemon Potatoes (did not have enough lemon juice-1 lemon was fine but the other had gotten green so into the bin it went) and I went a little heavy on the olive oil, garlic and black pepper as sniffles are going around in the family. Wonderful smell to warm up the house! Managed to get my bed sheets laundered and mostly dried-will see if air drying them during the day finishes the job.

There's going to be more tea tonight when that heavy rain in the forecast visits Hamilton. And air-popped popcorn. Some frozen snow on the roof was easing off this morning-I'd like both sides of the roof emptied before the rain comes or the sidewalks might be iced over. The downspouts are cleared and ready to direct the runoff.
    @Granger While a real baby Yoda might be fun for a little while to have, the feeding and care of one might challenge the best of us. I'd love to know what a 50 year old child with green skin has to say about humans and their food--and if there is a regular request for pond visits (aka its kind of spa retreat).
    You are giving your human little ones the best you can give them. Hope your daughter gets better soon so you can catch up on your sleep!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

hi all. lists are ready for shopping. both mine and my moms.

heading over to my moms after work. youngest will turn on the oven when we leave my moms so supper should be ready for when we get in . cheaper then take out.
    it wont be fancy just food.

i am hoping after shopping tomorrow. i will get to clean my house. i just feel like it needs a bit of attention.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    I have been pretty quiet lately as honestly, I just feel like we cannot get ahead. It seems like every time we take a step forward something happens and we get knocked backwards.

Mom had been getting decent hours at work (not full time, but close) and then she had her fall and was off for 4 day. She went back to work after her fall and was only back a couple of days when she got a weird pain in her back, they think it is Kidney Stones so she was off again. She is in a ton of pain, nothing seems to help including the pills the doctor gave her but they cannot do anything else until she gets an ultra sound but she cannot get in until Wednesday of next week. I am starting to wonder if it is Kidney stones are some of her symptoms are not lining up and nothing we do helps the pain.

I am just a huge ball of stress and anxiety which is really affecting me. I am physically, emotionally & mentally done. I know the physical is because when I feel like this I clean, good for the house but not so much for my body. But in general I am just always tired and now it is affecting work as it is so hard to get up each day for work, I am just so worn down and even at work I constantly feeling sick and just struggling.

With that being said, we did not grocery shopping this week and last week all I bought was:
    Mushrooms
    Strawberries
    Milk

I also contacted our cable/internet provider as my current promotions were going to end and I have managed to get my bill down $50 a month and not lose any of my service so that is a win. We had been talking about cutting off cable and trying to just go to streaming but really right now our only form of entertainment is TV.

I have also been pushing forward with trying to clean up the house. I admit this week has not been my best as I am just feeling so done and honestly just feeling like we are being punished or something because we literally cannot get ahead. But I have been working through it again and last night I was so upset that I just started to clean so I got the kitchen clean, the bathroom clean, the floors done plus I cleaned the stairs going to our basement, I am paying for this today but I refuse to give up and will see what I can tackle when I get home tonight.

I have so much I want to get done tomorrow but like I said I refuse to give up as honestly right now I really struggle with feeling I am not good enough and being punished for it (I know might sound weird but it is my upbringing, my family likes to turn everything into a test so in my head almost everything is a test and the outcome usually leads me to feel like I failed or was not good enough). Really feeling this way right now as we cannot seem to catch a break. But as I said I am going to push through.

Tomorrow I want to move furniture and clean under the furniture and also have a bunch of cooking I want to get done.

Hoping tonight we can finally get all of our tupperware off the dinning table, literally I have enough tupperware for my whole neighbourhood but I think with everything else going on there is a bit of hoarding/what if we get rid of it and could have used it or need it later going on, so this has been a bit of a struggle to work through. I was going to try to just get it done on my own last night but after I got everything else done, it was late and my body was hurting so bad.

Alright well time to get back to work, try to get a few more things off my desk. Have a wonderful day everyone.
    barbis9, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I bought 3 scratch and wins yesterday and won $15 on one and 5$ on the other one. Got $11 out of it. Took the cash and didn’t spend anymore money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Well went to lococos for fruit and veggies this morning $61 dollars later ,that is almost 200 in groceries the past week and a half but I bought more as my daughter/hubby are coming with Sebastian (plus I will sent some home with her when they go back to Toronto on sunday )

I managed to scoop a 4.99 tub of yogurt but then left it at the store ,as the cashier took the yogurt with her to check the signage and I forgot to put it back in my bag ,so will go there on Tuesday on my rounds of running around to get it .

Super at my dear son's tonight but I am providing the chicken -lol .I love when my son/daughter get together with their spouses and kids .
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

sorry for not posting during 1 month ..was not feeling well at all...now back to the routine and be in shape and have my life in control...
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, Jan 25th, 2020 at 06:11 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I must admit I took a 1 month of school with my stress fracture and then not returning after the hollidays...now I will but just dealing with stress who cause me nausea and vomitting is not easy...
    Ciel and lilo0003 like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Well this employee discount is becoming even more of a hassle than I thought it would!

I'm trying to apply for a discount with Koodo for working at Loblaw and it has been over a month now with back and forths to get this 25% off, and I thought I was almost there. But even after sending in the completed form (signed by my manager) and the most recent paystub I could get (since I haven't had access to my paystubs for about 3 months or so), I have been told essentially they are denying the paystub and want a letter of employment from my work or the form and paystub sent from a Loblaw/my stores email account instead of just from me.

JEEEEEEEEEEEZ
    barbis9, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    I worked my butt off today to try to get some stuff done. I had the house to myself so I could move stuff all over the place and not have to worry about it affecting others.

I started by moving the Love seat to clean under it. Once that was done, I moved the small filing cabinet with the printer on top of it and cleaned there. Then I got the brilliant idea to move the sideboard and clean under it. I also emptied half of the sideboard and cleaned the inside and the doors, I would have done the other side but I ran out of places to put things. I would really like to get Mom to look at we have and see if we can get rid of anything. My guess is the answer is no but a girl can try.

I was going to call it a day at that point because I was so sore and weirdly kept getting light headed (I think it is because I cannot kneel or squat so I have to bend over to do all of this by hand). But for some reason I kept think about this corner of our dinning room where we have a corner cabinet so I decided that was a sign that I needed to tackle this as well. When I moved the corner cabinet there was a lot of mouse poop back there so happy to have that cleaned up. I do not think we have any mice now but must be leftover from the last time we did. By this corner we also have a set of pots that will not fit in the cabinet (more on that later) well I decided wash the whole set. So I did all of the dishes and took out garbage and recycling.

I have to admit well trying to clean our house, I am getting a little bit frustrated with just how much stuff we have. We seem to like 3s, we have 3 sets of dishes, 3 sets of pots & pans, 3 sets of kitchen knives. Not to mention all of the other little things, like when I emptied the sideboard I discovered on top of having 3 sets of dishes there are a number of "fancy" plates & bowls that do we own that do not match a set, some are one offs some are a set of there own like 3 flower plates or 4 glass bowls. I just feel like there is stuff everywhere and it makes sense to me to get rid of some of it but Mom does not agree so now I am trying to find homes for everything.

I started to to write my to do list for tomorrow. I have more cleaning I want to get done, plus I have some cooking I want to get done. I did not do any cooking last weekend and I had to scramble a bit all week for food for work. Luckily I found a few things in the freezer I could take and I got creative. I have been doing really well with eating properly lately with the exception of one night I felt extremely sick so I just had raisin toast for dinner.

Mom had to work today but good news is she said she starting to feel better. She said she got sore when they made her do a lot of stretching but she thinks things are getting better which makes me happy. I was starting to worry it was not kidney stones as her symptoms do not match what I found online and everything we have been trying to help with the pain was not working including the pills from the doctor until today.

Hope everyone has a wonderful night.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Sat, Jan 25th, 2020 at 09:06 PM.
    Ciel, coupon girl and lilo0003 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I spent $146.23 at NFUsed $34.47 in coupons. Earned 50,650 in points. Put in points inquiry for missing 3,000pts and received them already. Submitted receipt for $10 wub $30 Royale products. I received the confirmation email approving the submission.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

long day...
    did the shopping for me.. for my mom. dropped off mine... dropped off my moms... did a visit.
    dealt with a issue for my oldest. it wil be ongoing for a bit.. but we gave her some options.
    sigh. ok

working on food prep... chicken breasts are marinated and put away. still need to take care of 10 lbs of gr beef.

i price matched alot of meat at rcss. submitted co 51 for 7.50 got 60 000 pc points. we are set for me for a good few weeks.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

It was a productive day. I used 35.00 in coupons and used 40.00 in PCO and 10..00 in Air miles. I had to put in 2 missing points requests. Still waiting in 18000 for Schneider’s but the 3500 for Johnsonville was corrected immediately. If I get the missing 18000 it will 52000 points today with 100.00 spent. Which would be my best shop ever. I also took advantage of the SDM offer for another 20000 points.
    Menu planned for the week. Using up lots of random stuff which feels great.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information