User Tag List

tightwad and proud of it! brunt's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I had never even heard of it until yesterday.

Honey is a browser add-on that automatically tries all coupon codes in its database as you are shopping. I only heard about it when it was bought out by PayPal - my online payment means of choice.

I was curious, read some reviews, found that it was legit, and installed it. After that, I tried seeing if it could save me any money on things in my Amazon wish list, and came up empty. I was a bit disappointed, but I kept it installed, keeping a "we'll see" kind of attitude toward it.

Well, today I made my first online purchase since I added it (Zenni for my new glasses), and lo and behold, at the checkout page, up popped a notice asking me if I wanted to try to see if they could save me any money. I clicked "OK", and it trundled away, and found a free shipping coupon that saved me $4.95 US for nothing.

So it just went up a few notches in my opinion immediately after that...

If you want to join, I have a referral code here: https://www.joinhoney.com. Full disclosure, I get some sort of referral points if you use this link, but I don't think that it amounts to much. But then again, we'll see. If you don't like the concept of the referral, please feel free to delete everything from "/ref" onwards in my link, to join without a referral. You won't hurt my feelings.

Seems to be an interesting browser addition.
    This thread is currently associated with: Amazon.ca & Amazon.com
    Last edited by couponlady; Sun, Feb 23rd, 2020 at 07:03 AM. Reason: removed referral link

Thread Information