• 1 Post By johnb56789
  • 2 Post By Natalka
  • 2 Post By SnowFlakey
  • 1 Post By Linda Evans

Thread: Bad Fall

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Im sure we have or we know of someone who has suffered a bad fall; whether slipping on ice or simply falling due to our own carelessness.

Well This is what happened to me just before Christmas. I went to pick up some groceries at our local Maxi. It wasnt slippery or anything: no ice in sight! I went to the trunk to get my grocery bags, closed the trunk and tripped our my own feet turning away from the car. I went flying! Purse in one direction; car keys in another direction and bags everywhere else.

I couldnt get up. So i just lay there for a bit. Next thing i know there are about 5 people around me trying to get me up. But i hurt like the devil!

When i had knee replacements, i was taught how to get up from a fall. These good people were trying to drag me up which wasnt helping because i was in pain. I had to tell them to hang on a bit so i can position myself to get up. Eventually they got me up and wanted to call an ambulance but i didnt want one. I was hurt but not enough for an ambulance. Anyway, one of the women insisted on helping me into Maxi and made sure i was ok.

So i sat there for a bit and then went to do my grocery shopping. I was also buying 2 vignier of wine (4 litre boxes) for our Cribbage Club party. When i got to the checkout, there were 2 people behind me. One said to the other: ¨Isnt that the woman that fell in the parking lot?¨ They were eying all the wine i was buying. I Wonder what they were thinking.

Anyway, I ended up with a hairline fracture just below my left elbow, major bruising on my left knee (which was replaced a few years ago). Its been a few weeks now, and my left below the elbow hurts like crazy and im still limping.

Story of my Christmas and New Years. Stupid supid carelessness!
    This thread is currently associated with: Maxi
    walkonby likes this.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Oh my, I know that feeling!

It was early last year I believe, I was walking to the post box in shoes (stupid me not putting on my boots). I got about half way there (only about a minute walk from my place), was about to cross the street, and WHOOP! Slid right onto my behind, at first it didn't hurt that badly, but even to this day, I will have bad days where it hurts or some other issue.

I know it's probably not a good thing if it is still hurting, and not going to get it checked out ALSO doesn't help, but I just hate going to the doctor or the hospital.
    SnowFlakey likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

So sorry you are going through this!
    My husband is still hurting badly after a slip on ice three weeks ago hurt his back.

Hoping things ease up for you soon!

Name:  facebook_1577998539300.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  139.0 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Sat, Jan 4th, 2020 at 04:39 PM.
    walkonby and SnowFlakey like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@SnowFlakey ouch on all fronts! I just now saw your thread. I hope you have not had much lingering pain since the fall.
    Falls are weird. Some happen, we laugh at ourselves and carry on....then there are those spills ( like yours ) and also like Mr. @Natalka who weeks later is stiff and sore.

Hope your healing is swift!!! Happy 2020

babies teach us acceptance

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Thanks for all your good wishes. Hope Mr Natalka feels better soon. Back injuries can be tricky and can a long long time to heal.

Well, it will soon be a month since i fell and i really still dont feel like myself yet. I guess i had more of a jolt than i thought. I guess the older you get the harder it is to recuperate after a fall. im just gratefull that i didnt break a hip or something. I hairline fracture will heal eventually without any surgery and im hoping my knee will be ok but im still limping a bit but not a much as before.
    Natalka and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Owweeee.... so sorry to read this. i am so afraid of falling on the ice at my age...& my bones are like chalk. yes, u are lucky u didnt break a hip! feel better. ((hugs))
    SnowFlakey likes this.

Thread Information