Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Tina_Canada
  • 1 Post By Tina_Canada
  • 1 Post By EvilTofu

Thread: T-Fal products

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I bought a T-Fal viva pan at Canadian Tire.
    canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/t-fal-viva-jumbo-cooker-with-lid-5-qt-0420048p.html#srp

When I bought it, I noticed that the bottom of the pan had these rings that were made of a rough metal. However, the label said that they were safe on ceramic cooktops. I had only used it twice on different elements when I noticed that both elements had been scratched (I cannot post images). I have never used the pan on high heat. What's more is that it was a brand new GE stove and the pan was the first one I used. The surfaces had been scratched off. Do not buy T-Fal pans if you have a ceramic cooktop!!!

I contacted T-Fal first by calling them. I waited for hours the first days and nobody answered the call. I then sent them an email containing all the information and the proofs. The representative acknowledged the damage and offered to replace the pan with a new one. I had already exchanged the pan at Canadian Tire so I just wanted to fix the damage. The representative said I had to buy the products, which will cost 30$, myself. I replied to say that it was clearly her pan that had done the damage since the new pans I had gotten are completely fine. Since then every time I had sent T-Fal an email, they kept going around the problem and asking me for unrelated information. It went like this for months. In their last email, they asked me to call them. I called and after days of waiting, the call went through. The agent answering never listened to what I had to say when I told her my case number. She hung up directly, while I was talking, and sent me an email asking for all the information I had sent at the start even though T-Fal had acknowledged reception of those 4 months ago.

Now T-Fal denies responsibility for what happened with my stove cooktop and won't compensate anything.
    This thread is currently associated with: Canadian Tire
    ROMEO, Ciel and dededi like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

ROMEO likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This probably belongs in the RANT forum or the Grinds my Gears.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tina_Canada View Post
    I bought a T-Fal viva pan at Canadian Tire.
    canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/t-fal-viva-jumbo-cooker-with-lid-5-qt-0420048p.html#srp

When I bought it, I noticed that the bottom of the pan had these rings that were made of a rough metal. However, the label said that they were safe on ceramic cooktops. I had only used it twice on different elements when I noticed that both elements had been scratched (I cannot post images). I have never used the pan on high heat. What's more is that it was a brand new GE stove and the pan was the first one I used. The surfaces had been scratched off. Do not buy T-Fal pans if you have a ceramic cooktop!!!

I contacted T-Fal first by calling them. I waited for hours the first days and nobody answered the call. I then sent them an email containing all the information and the proofs. The representative acknowledged the damage and offered to replace the pan with a new one. I had already exchanged the pan at Canadian Tire so I just wanted to fix the damage. The representative said I had to buy the products, which will cost 30$, myself. I replied to say that it was clearly her pan that had done the damage since the new pans I had gotten are completely fine. Since then every time I had sent T-Fal an email, they kept going around the problem and asking me for unrelated information. It went like this for months. In their last email, they asked me to call them. I called and after days of waiting, the call went through. The agent answering never listened to what I had to say when I told her my case number. She hung up directly, while I was talking, and sent me an email asking for all the information I had sent at the start even though T-Fal had acknowledged reception of those 4 months ago.

Now T-Fal denies responsibility for what happened with my stove cooktop and won't compensate anything.
    Try sending an e-mail to Ellen Roseman at the Star. Maybe she can help, as it seems she gets the best from the pr or top people at companies whose products or services failed to deliver.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

This is terrible.

Legally, they don't have to do anything for the damage. I agree that public shaming is the way to go. I would post pictures on Twitter.

I have similar problem with Paderno, the paint came off and permanently on my cooktop. In addition, the "non-stick" ceramic pan was sticking the first time I used it. The rep said to mail the pan back at my own cost so they can inspect the problem and maybe send me a new one. They are not responsible for the damage to the cooktop. They emailed me the disclaimer. The guy was like, "you are not supposed to heat it up to more than 450 degrees". I replied, "I don't know the temperature, I made pancakes with it and it was sticking, the bottom was melting. It's pancake, it can't be that hot."

I paid over $100 because it was supposed to be eco-friendly, Canadian made and supposedly high quality. In the end, I just trashed it after few weeks. I'm not going to pay $35 to mail it back, so they can send me another crappy pan.

Paderno sucks. At least with T-fal, it's non-stick.
    walkonby likes this.

Thread Information