User Tag List

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree1321Likes

Thread: February 2020-Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Here's to a new month
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by YOU AND ME; Fri, Feb 7th, 2020 at 09:06 PM.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

29 days this month of February to be frugal! Hope it is a Fab Feb for all!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Looks like it could be a great year for my niece this year. She will be 16 on the 29th of February. My sister is having a big party for her

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

thank you for starting this!

ok. i am hoping for a stay at home day. get lots done kinda day

i might order my tea today, i have a 10 % off code. and gift cards.. hmm. options.
    i have a junk guy coming to remove a couple of items.
    and i plan on really working on the family room and just getting it done. i am getting pretty ruthless with a few items.
    other goals .. work on my menu plan for a few weeks. , get laundry done. give the laundry room a good cleaning. i will need to pull out the dryer at some point and do that... but prob not today.
    wendymac, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Thanks @YOU AND ME for starting this thread
    I needs to do a few deals at RCSS today .
    Do laundry , tidy up the family room and then it’s my quite time

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

$499.56 - January total savings

Coupons Redeemed
    $144.35

10% off Tuesday at Sobeys
    $11.82

Amazon.ca - earned through Swagbucks
    $75

PCO - No Frills
    $30

Air Miles
    $100

CO51
    $31.10

Caddle
    $40.22

Energy Outlet Discounts/Coupons
    $60

SCOP
    $6.97

Found Money
    $0.10
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Happy February! I remember Frugal February started on SC a few years back. Today started with my Iced Capp coupon! Yay me! I plan to make some small changes that will improve our finances. My first commitment: fewer iced capps. It is my one treat and bad habit combined!

We were blessed with so much in January: a new TV, new shelving, some art. I am a believer in you reap what you sow. I am going to continue to be generous with our excess. I do not expect that it will be returned to us, but the kindness is always returned in some way. January generosity included: giving away our smaller TV as well as a storage bench.

Fav thrift store find from last month: $3 for an almost new loom knitting set (retails $50+ new). The girls and I have been busy knitting with thrift store yarn. If my product turns out, perhaps I will try to sell? I am working on a neck warmer/hat.

@SassyAshley - I have been thinking a lot about you and hope you are doing okay. Sending hugs.
    Last edited by Granger; Sat, Feb 1st, 2020 at 11:30 AM.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I noticed yesterday my No Frills had long life cartons of milk so I decided to try one-about 40 cents cheaper than fresh and dated August and lasts 20 days when open-we do not use much milk so this seems like a better choice for us. We have 9 degrees this morning but cold and snow arriving this aft. Think I will run to Shoppers for some on sale eggs.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Thank you for the kind words. I am still waiting for those Good Days to come. I really feel like the world is against us now. Mom is actually getting shifts at work but she has had to take a few off and now give one away because of her kidney. Her Ultrasound was cancelled so now we have to wait until the 14th for an Ultrasound. Mom keeps thinking I am mad at her, I am not I am mad at the world. I just really feel we cannot get ahead.

I have still been working on cleaning the house but I had to admit this week I kind of slowed down which I am feeling guilty about. I was going to try to get a ton done today but Mom ended up home and it did not happen. I do not know what it is but I get so much more done when I am home alone. Probably did not help that since Mom is in pain when I was trying to get her to tell me what she wanted to keep and what could go she just keep getting annoyed with me.

The good news is we are still not having take out. Mom wanted pizza tonight so we did homemade pizza which makes me happy. I could see she was pushing slightly to order pizza but could see I was not on board.

Tomorrow I need to do some cooking for the week to come. Think I will write myself a to do list, I work best with a list.

Hope everyone has a wonderful night.
    Giseledta, wendymac, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I need to go back to Costco today. Ugh, on the plus side they were out of cream yesterday so I can buy it today and hopefully submit the receipt to Caddle.
    Lsat Sunday I bought cauliflower pizza crusts and the best before date was April so I was very disappointed when I opened them to find mould. On the same receipt I bought 2 jars of fresh salsa and it’s 2.00 off this week so I will get a refund on that.
    Today is ham and scalloped potatoes for dinner, yay for potatoes not being a million dollars this week.
    We are currently getting snow. But the days are longer and spring is coming, wonder what the groundhog said about that.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all.
    laundry is going... i cleaned off my desk.. with the family room clean out.. it had become a dumping ground. now its all pretty again.

plan is to continue laundry...
    work on the family room. 30 min on laundry area... manybe 45 on the rest of the basement... can ya tell its superbowl day lol.

i might do some daycare prep ..
    and meal planning...

tonoght is natchos.. hubbies choice. and its easy.

oh, my deal yesterday.

used 55.00 in davids gift cards i got at Christmas.. .. used a 10% off code they sent me.. free shipping, 50 g of tea for free ) used it on the most expensive one i wanted to try. and got 1.21 back via rukaken saved about 20.00 and i got enough tea to last me a bit as well as 20 left on 1 gift card.
    Last edited by Giseledta; Sun, Feb 2nd, 2020 at 11:25 AM.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning everyone got home from toronto at 10.30 a.m and yes we are a wee bit tired ,sleeping on a couch even thou it comfy isnt always that great.
    Friday when we got there sebastian was so happy to see us ,haven seen him in a month .My daughter and her hubby went to a lovely hotel in Caledon,ont .She got an excellent rate from black Friday .We took Sebastian out for supper to a local diner on Friday night ,daughter ordered pizza on sat night .He had a bit of a cough and he cried one time as he missed his mommy (age 3)My daughter gave me 25.00 which I didn't want to take but she insisted ,she brought me back a fancy bar of homemade soap,so thoughtfull.We let them use our car ,so we could take Sebastian to his gymnastics on sat morning ,treated him to and areo bar from shoppers and scooped my gum $1.49(surprised I caught that as I was trying to tell him you need to wait in line )

My daughter is such a giving person ,we don't mind treating our grandson but they don't care ,she still wanted to give us money .She said we came all the way to stay 2 days the second night they went to see a friends new house (open house).

So glad to be home today ,resting up as I babysit cara on Monday and I will have Ashlyn 2 days this week (elementary school)my son said maybe he can book a day off and I told him nope if you don't get a friend to take her one day we will watch her both days.

Countdown to my mini vacay 12 more days .

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Well, as of February 1st, I rebooted an old habit of recording every cent that goes in or out of our house. I never saved as much money as when I used to keep such an account book. It actually gets to be fun after awhile...but I'm not there yet! Have a great Sunday, everyone.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Was really hoping for day today but just does not seem to be in the cards right now. People keep telling me you decide if it is a good day or not but let's be real, that is not true.

My plan for today was to cook and to clean but yeah well best laid plans. Mom is off again today she has now missed 6 shifts with her kidney and we still have just under 2 weeks until she gets an ultra sound. Pretty sure we have no moved into not having enough $$$ to cover the bills.

If that was not bad enough our Hydro Bill is insane for last month, we heat using electric and have no other option. I thought it had been mild enough the bill would not be that bad but I think a big part of it was me being home for Shut down and with her not working Full Time and being the closing Queen she is home all day using electric. I paid the bill and thought I moved stuff around to cover everything but not so much now with Mom's missed shifts.

Also for some reason my last cable bill on our old plan is all messed up and about $100 more than it should be. I have been trying to contact them but so far I am getting no where.

This totally has me spinning out as I know money is a huge trigger for me and it kind of feels like everything is crashing down a bit here right now. I am always worried about what is to come not necessary what is in front of us now. I think this is from my up bringing, as far back as I can remember I have always been the one "to fix it" when we come up short. I have always been good at saving and started working at an early age (upside to your family owning a business) so I have always had the money to cover it but right now I just feel like what is next. Is an appliance going to break, will it be her car I just feel like something with everything else going on something big is coming is and going to be completely out of my control.

I just really feel like we cannot get ahead and it seems like harder I work and the more I ask for help, the more we fall backwards. It feels like so much of this is, is out of our control. Mom is actually getting hours at work but cannot work. Not to mention if she needs more meds she has no coverage so we have to figure out how to pay for those. She is part time so there is no sick time.

I really feel like giving up but I am just too stubborn for that.

Ok rant over, time to get back to work I have a sideboard calling my name that needs to be reorganized and a bathroom that needs cleaning.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Giseledta, Ciel, Granger and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wendymac View Post
    Well, as of February 1st, I rebooted an old habit of recording every cent that goes in or out of our house. I never saved as much money as when I used to keep such an account book. It actually gets to be fun after awhile...but I'm not there yet! Have a great Sunday, everyone.
    Good for you. The only way to know for sure how much money you've spent in any given period is... to track how much money you've actually spent.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information