User Tag List

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree1321Likes

Thread: February 2020-Frugal Chatter

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Sassy- hugs money is a huge, huge trigger for me . i totally get where you are coming from .
    and sorry.. why are tests taking so flipping long. ultrasounds should not take this long. my hubby had to get a test done for his neck... guess when.. 3 more months... thats freaking nuts

ok. reason i came back check your ebates rakuten acct. they changed alot of payouts for amazon.
    alot of 0% now. toys , as i buy for my daycare are now zero.
    might go back to shopper army...
    Last edited by Giseledta; Sun, Feb 2nd, 2020 at 05:12 PM.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    Sassy- hugs money is a huge, huge trigger for me . i totally get where you are coming from .
    and sorry.. why are tests taking so flipping long. ultrasounds should not take this long. my hubby had to get a test done for his neck... guess when.. 3 more months... thats freaking nuts

ok. reason i came back check your ebates rakuten acct. they changed alot of payouts for amazon.
    alot of 0% now. toys , as i buy for my daycare are now zero.
    might go back to shopper army...
    Thanks for the head’s up, Giseledta! I just checked my account and all of the categories that most people buy from have been changed to zero. I usually use Arts & Crafts plus Home for my Loom Knitting Supplies, Books and Electronics for DH. I just did an order last Friday for 3 items and one of them was a new cellphone for DH. Geez, I guess it was good while it lasted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Thank you Giseledta

As for tests, I have no idea the odd thing is I have gone to this place a couple times in the past and it has always been so fast to get in. Now all of a sudden they are booked solid for weeks at a time. I feel like I am in a catch 22, the medication is helping her function but I do not know if it is a good idea for her to stay on it as it is a pain killer plus I am not even sure if the doctor can give her more. It is like antibiotics where you take a round and then if it does not clear they cannot give more. But without the medication I have no idea how many more days of work she will have to miss. Not to mention I am guessing if it is a kidney stone and it has not passed it maybe too big to pass and then who knows how long we wait.

Finally spoke to someone about my bill and apparently the issue is they need to wait for credits to be applied to my account but that could take up to 3 months for them to be approved and applied. *Sigh* so until this is resolved I either need to come up with the extra $$$ or just pay what I "owe" but the part I am not paying is subject to interest. Apparently the same thing will happen next month as I should have another credit for changing services but again will take up to 3 months to be approved and applied. Apparently the happy news is if I just pay for everything more than likely I will not have a bill in May or June as it will all be paid by credits. I get it but it does not help me now.

The good news is when I am this upset I clean so today:
    I scrubbed the floors on the main floor
    All dishes are done including everything from the Side Board
    The Bathroom is clean
    The upstairs floors have been scrubbed

Also have a pile of stuff we will post for sale. I am selling stuff here and there but stuff is not moving like it normally does. I was thinking of using this money for house stuff but so far not a lot of $$$ are coming in. Hope this changes soon, I am thinking it might just be the after Christmas, bad weather mix as even people who are local do not seem to want to pick up. It is like everyone is hibernating.
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Below is my January to do list, I think I did well but a few things did not get done (items with a V in the bracket are done):

[v]Sort Impeccable Yarn
    [v]Sort Charisma Yarn
    [v]Sort Handicrafter
    [v]Sort Yarn
    [ ]Sort Part Impeccable
    [ ]Sort Part Charisma
    [ ]Sort Part Handicrafter
    [ ]Sort Part Balls
    [v]Clean Around Side Table
    [v]Clean Cubes
    [ ]Clean Top of Cubes
    [v]Sort Tupperwear Drawer
    [v]Clean in Front of Bookcase
    [v]Clean Hallway Floor
    [ ]Clean End of Cubes
    [v]Clean Fridge
    [v]Sucker Seal Shells & Pancakes
    [v]Put away Bulk Barn Bag
    [ ]Sort Completed Crochet
    [v]Post 10 items
    [ ]Sort all Tuperwear (dinning room table)
    [v]Clean between Drawer Thing & Corner
    [v]Put away Christmas Gifts
    [v]Clean my Table
    [v]Clean Printer
    [v]Clean Floor around Printer
    [v]Empty Canning Jars at Top of Stairs
    [v]Sort box in Front of pantry
    [v]Clean Microwave above Stove
    [v]Clean Cabinets above Stove
    [v]Clean lower Cabinets
    [v]Clean Pantry Doors
    [v]Clean Cabinet above fridge
    [v]Clean stuff by living room entry, tv side
    [v]Clean Fridge (outside)
    [v]Clean under Loveseat
    [v]Clean off Loveseat
    [v]Clean Basement Stairs
    [v]Clean Sideboard - Dish Side

[v]Clean Sideboard - Other Side
    [v]Clean Sideboard - Top
    [v]Clean Under Sideboard
    [ ]Clean behind Loveseat
    [ ]Clean between Dinning Room table & Wall
    [v]Clean TV Corner
    [v]Clean TV Stand
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Sun, Feb 2nd, 2020 at 06:13 PM.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You have been busy @SassyAshley !! Well done!!

I found for me I put a repeating entry on my Mac calendar (like clean bathroom, vacuum halls and stairs, etc.) to ensure I get things done. When it pops up in my calendar I have to do it that day or the next (unless next had another task).

Worked so far in Jan 2020. Hoping it will help me continue throughout the year.

The house is definitely looking better!
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Sun, Feb 2nd, 2020 at 06:07 PM.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Does anyone know if there are any repercussions if you remove money from a TFSA and just move it to another TFSA?

I currently have a TFSA account with a company my Nanny and Mom used to have investments with and I have just left it there. Recently I received noticed that in an effort to serve there customers better I no longer have a personal consultant and my account has been changed to a corporate account. This does not sit well with me.

Where is I have my RRSPs with a different company and due to circumstances I benefit from I am assigned to a personal consultant and although I never speak with him the 2 girls in his office are extremely nice and helpful. Last year they spent over an hour on the phone with me to confirm I had the right investments set up for my $$$$ and was comfortable with the decisions I made.

So I would like to move my TFSA but I am not sure if there were be a repercussions at tax time.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Does anyone know if there are any repercussions if you remove money from a TFSA and just move it to another TFSA?

I currently have a TFSA account with a company my Nanny and Mom used to have investments with and I have just left it there. Recently I received noticed that in an effort to serve there customers better I no longer have a personal consultant and my account has been changed to a corporate account. This does not sit well with me.

Where is I have my RRSPs with a different company and due to circumstances I benefit from I am assigned to a personal consultant and although I never speak with him the 2 girls in his office are extremely nice and helpful. Last year they spent over an hour on the phone with me to confirm I had the right investments set up for my $$$$ and was comfortable with the decisions I made.

So I would like to move my TFSA but I am not sure if there were be a repercussions at tax time.
    If you personally withdraw the $ and put it into another I think you will have tax consequences. You need to have it done properly.

This should help: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-age...our-tfsas.html

Also this says similar:
    https://www.ratehub.ca/investing/tfsa-transfer

Make sure to have it done properly.

I had mine moved between companies with all the proper paperwork.
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Sun, Feb 2nd, 2020 at 07:13 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post

Once you know where you want the TFSA to be then they will have you sign paperwork and they do the transfer. If you do it then that’s a withdrawal. I moved mine several years ago as we consolidated all our money into one advisor
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I did something like this recently (last year I think), I took the money from my one TFSA (Meridian) and brought it over to my other TFSA (Simplii). I didn't know about these tax rules, but I know I have the contribution room to negate it. As long as you don't go into excess contribution, it seems that you are fine. I know I have about $37,000 in contribution room, so I don't mind losing it by not doing the direct transfer, it wasn't too much I moved over anyways (About $7,000), so I have a little less contribution room, but that's fine with me.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Today I went to church in the morning and visited my Gramma, who is in hospital, this afternoon. She is going to be moved again this time from assisted living to LTC. She is close to family for visiting in the hospital she is in, I hope she can stay there until her LTC placement. Each move seems to confuse her more with dementia and she may have to go to a transitional home depending on beds. She has had three head injuries over the past year which has sped the symptoms along.

Tomorrow we get our new fridge repaired as the water and ice didn't work. Yay for manufacturer's warranties.

Hope everyone has a great week.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

We had a fun night at the superbowl party my sister and brother in law hosted. Was nice to give my sister a break and put my niece to bed. My sister packed a lunch for my DS to take to school tomorrow which is awesome. Brought home tons of leftovers my boys will eat. She also bought me a huge box of granola bars and cheese from costco which was really nice.
    I am ready for bed! Happy to be home!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Mon, Feb 3rd, 2020 at 09:06 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

happy monday all. i have what should be a relativly easy day. i will be able to get a few things done. i had a later start today , so that has helped massivly.
    i am waiting for a few things to go through the acct, then pay the last bill.

forecast says 6 this afternoon... so its going to get mucky out there.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I brought chili for my lunch today so will work thru my lunch and leave early today.

I forgot my purse at work on Friday and didn't bother to come get it. It made me not spend!
    I spent $2.87 at Walmart (used change) .87 mushrooms $2 produce bag (8 sweet potatoes, 8 sweet onions and 3 cucumbers)
    $30.50 at No Frills 2 x taco kits, 8 pk yogurt, 4 x block of cheese, 2 x eggs, Pilsbury cookies, bunch of bananas. Redeemed $30 in pc pts. Paid 50 cents in change.
    Happy with my little shop. I made Chicken souvlaki, rice, green beans for lunch yesterday (DS needed food to eat on the way to hockey after his work shift)
    I boiled eggs. Cut up watermelon, pineapple and the cucumbers. Fridge is nice and stocked up with ready to eat food. Plus all the food my sister sent home with me last night. No cooking for me the next 2 nights.
    Wednesday I will put a roast in the slow cooker.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
    Ciel and GoodBoy like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I have a ton of stuff to get done tonight after work, not looking forward to that but it needs to be done.

I need to figure out lunches for the week, since I did not cook anything yesterday there really are no options available. I also need Breakfasts since I eat that at work as well. I am thinking overnight Oatmeal for Breakfasts and Potato Soup for Lunches.

As well the kitchen needs some work, not a lot just need to empty the dishwasher, reload and I think I saw a couple dishes that cannot go in the dishwasher so I will wash those by hand.

The goods new (I think) is Mom is going to work today and going to see if she can push through the pain. Not sure if this is good or bad, I mean it is good as she has already missed 6 shifts so that is 48 hours she has lost but I am worried about her. So I am really conflicted about how I feel.

I know there are some other things I need to get done tonight that I cannot think of, hopefully they come to me and I will start a to do list.

Alright well I have a meeting in 5 minutes, better get ready for that.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Ciel and GoodBoy like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Delighted that Ms. Sunshine is beaming her rays around today. Yesterday was a clunker of an overcast day with packing snow falling too (thought it was supposed to have fallen on Saturday-we just got a light powdery snow in the afternoon). I ran to the bus stop to head to the film festival downtown yesterday-fortunately the bus driver slowed down to pick me up just before the stop. Noticed how the snow downtown was mostly water but snow stuck around on the Mountain (sidewalks were slushy or messy with few cleared sections). Glad I had tissues as the second movie made me cry sometimes (good though).

While I had been able to get the Fox tv station in the morning, there was no signal in the evening. So I watched some of 60 Minutes, then a repeat of TVO's Human Plus segment on Taste and Smell. Followed by a DVD (it has some swearing) How to Cook Your Life (2007). Liked the Duck & Infinity thought about being in the ocean and learning to appreciate the biscuit (or whatever sincere effort) you made today, not what you wanted it to be. Going to work on those thoughts this month for my life (sweep, sweep).

Thanks @coupon girl and @walkonby about posting about Rexall's upcoming departure from the Air Miles program. Last day to use the card at the chain will be April 30, 2020.

I checked the SC Blog for any post about Shoppers having a 20% off coupon day tomorrow and did not see anything yet.
    barbis9 and coupon girl like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information