User Tag List

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree1321Likes

Thread: February 2020-Frugal Chatter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Birthday Angela!

Happy Hump day! Sunny day here this morning. Heard we are suppose to get snow. DS has hockey in town tonight.

I have a few loads of laundry to put away tonight. Feels good to be all caught up. I should try and take the Christmas tree down too lol We will see.
    Goal is to clean out the one corner of the laundry room for donation. Put it in my car to drop off after I drop DS off at arena.
    Angela273, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Last night’s Sobeys shopping trip was pretty much a success. I forgot to pick up a couple things and I remembered to get 3 rain checks. I bought bread, bananas $0.59/lb, bread, yogurt, milk, cat food, eggs, etc. I used $76.93 in coupons, $13.15 from 10% Tuesday discount, redeemed 1 rain check, earned 31AM, $46.17oop which I paid for with a gift card. I bought 2 boxes of Cheerios for the $10gc promo, but it might not work because my oop is so low. If my receipt gets rejected, then I’ll return the Cheerios...since it’s the only reason I bought them today.

Today is my Birthday. Although Dh has asked, I still don’t know what we plan on doing to celebrate. I’ve entered some local contests for Valentines Day and for my Birthday, so I’m a bit hopeful that I will win something.
    Happy Birthday @Angela273 Hoping you have a wonderful day . Keeping my fingers crossed for you to win the contests.
    I am always amazed as to how many coupons you used to get your OOP low awesome as always

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Happy Birthday, @Angela273 ! Love your contesting spirit --will see if I can find you some contests to add to your list! Would bubbles (mix or bath) be on your fun stuff to do in February list?
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Happy Birthday, @Angela273 ! Love your contesting spirit --will see if I can find you some contests to add to your list! Would bubbles (mix or bath) be on your fun stuff to do in February list?
    @Ciel That sounds fun. Thanks for the help and encouragement.
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

If I can’t make more money, I try to stretch the money that I do have. If I can’t afford to replace it (example: carpet or furniture), I clean it. I also fix things such as stuffed toys, kids books, and holes in clothes. Dh is handy and fixes things around the house, etc.

Despite going around to some local schools last week and handing out my business cards, I only taught 1 day last week and none so far this week. I don’t have any teaching days booked in February and we have a week off of school this month too.
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

this strike is a bit mind numbing.. i really wish the province would get off thier... and do a fair deal . i just read something about ford not promising full day k past 2020. should be interesting. i am waiting on Catholic and hugh schoool to announce for next week. Youngest said teachers are saying they will go to 2 days of strike per week as well...
    rumors be flying everywhere.

ok. day 3 of no spend... thats a thing. i usually dont track it .. but there it is.
    both girls will be home tonight. that should be nice.
    basiclly i am just staying home and waiting for the ice storm to happen. sigh.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@GoodBoy Thanks for sharing your Tuesday Text offer! I was really wanting to see a 20% off Friends and Family coupon but since I have plenty of light bulbs, then I'd have liked to stock up on wet wipes. The 10 single Wet Ones in yellow box are Tropical Citrus scent but the box did not say that-I get a whiff of pineapple every time I use a Wet One to wipe down the computer area (cold season germs, coffee and food stains, and miscellaneous). I'd like an unscented or lemon version but it would be cheaper to buy 35ct Lysol wipes in a container.
    barbis9 and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Giseledta When I find that Toronto Sun article online about the before & after school care in school situations that affected how many daycare spots municipalities can have (due to Wynne government), I'll post you the link. If the full-day kindergarten goes for the high jump, what will parents' options be for daycare if alternate day kindergarten or half day kindergarten comes into use? Maybe Ontario wants to do away with kindergarten, as there are many countries where schooling only starts in grade one (no preschool or kindergarten). I know that the City of Toronto is not looking forward to cuts to daycare subsidies in the near future.

That reminds me-we'll all (most of us) be back on Daylight Savings Time in about one month. Too soon. EU countries have to decide which time they will adopt-standard time or daylight time-for year round use. It will make Eurovision viewing in May a little more tricky.

Crochet fans-Fabricland has a crochet pet bed project on the blog! https://blog.fabricland.ca/?s=crochet+pet+bed
    Angela273, barbis9 and lilo0003 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    this strike is a bit mind numbing.. i really wish the province would get off thier... and do a fair deal . i just read something about ford not promising full day k past 2020. should be interesting. i am waiting on Catholic and hugh schoool to announce for next week. Youngest said teachers are saying they will go to 2 days of strike per week as well...

ok. day 3 of no spend... thats a thing. i usually dont track it .. but there it is.
    ICE STORM? No no no. I need to look into this ugh!
    Angela273, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post

I am on a total hardly spend month! Buying minimal fresh food and that is basically it. We can do it!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just finished my lunch (leftover fahitas) It was so yummy. I really do love them. I would pick that over a crappy Mcdonalds lunch anyday. (I can't eat Mcdonalds at all. It upsets my stomach as soon as I try...)

I have a DIY idea for part of my niece's birthday gift (June) Will post once done
    Angela273, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Afternoon just had a nice long bath feel a bit better plus chatted with my dear daughter this morning (I am hoping for good things to come her way)

Regarding before and after care in Toronto my dear daughter has about 80 people ahead of her and she inquired long ago ,so now she is talking to a few moms on a mom group for Sebastian looking for before and after care ,it is insane there .I wish I could help but again we are so far in distance (and I don't drive to Toronto my hubby does )

Getting ready for ashlyn to come at 3.30 with hubby for her sleep over

I have a small gift for her LOL 3 lipgloss and small bag with nailpolish and emery board, just because cost $3.19 reduced at shoppers after xmas .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Wed, Feb 5th, 2020 at 02:20 PM.
    barbis9, lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went out on my lunch break to walk around/look. No spending. Went to Canadian Tire and 2 $ stores. So much crap I could have bought easily but did not
    Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Definitely SFD!! (Sore Feet Day!)

This morning to FreshCo for a bigger shop. Got a SCOP on Poblano peppers - saved $3.50

Then got my Johnsonville coupons in the mail and remembered FreschCo had them on sale.... so after lunch off I go to FreshCo again... Picked up 2 for $1.99 each. Savings of $4.00 off the sale price.

Then walked to FB from there to pick up milk - we are liking the Lactantia 1.5L form factor product and it has been hard to come buy! Found the last two bottles (BB 2020-May-20) so grabbed them.

Then to LCBO (from refreshment for me at home later! )

And lastly to NF to pickup Grape Toms x2 (@1.97) and Cumin Seed (also hard to come by but so many recipes we are trying want them).

Now sitting in front of the fire, feet up, and a brew or two in hand !

Cheerio all!
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Wed, Feb 5th, 2020 at 03:58 PM.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@Angela273

Wishing you all the best!

Name:  facebook_1577998073291.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  41.8 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Wed, Feb 5th, 2020 at 04:48 PM.

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information