User Tag List

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree1321Likes

Thread: February 2020-Frugal Chatter

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I forgot to mention yesterday after my doc appointment I stopped at the store to grab a few things. I didn't want to grab too much as the one thing the doc did say was no heavy lifting. I got:
    2 x Eggs $1.97
    1 x Apples 6lbs $2.97
    1 x Milk
    1 x Romaine 2-Pack $1.97

I meant to grab some popcorn but forgot.

I thought we were going to go go out after I finished worked today but does not look like this is happening. As freaked out as I am about money I did offer to buy Mom a stool to take to work. She has a doctor note that she needs a stool or chair to sit on when needed due to her hips. Some how hen she went from Full Time to Part Time the stool she was using somehow became broken and has been thrown out so now she has nothing. So she asked her boss yesterday that she was going to bring a stool in but her boss is saying they need approval from Head Office even if she (well me) buys it as the shop layout does include a stool so they need permission. She cannot use a chair as her work station is too high that she cannot work if she is using a chair.

Last night I managed to get the dishes done, a little lesson in frustration. We did not have a lot of dishes and it should have taken me 10 maybe 15 minutes but because I had to keep sitting down it took me more like 35 minutes. Although I am happy I was able to get this done as when I was making dinner my back keep going into spasm on me. I was not sure I would be able to stand to do the dishes. The dishwasher has also been run, just need to empty it now.

Time to get back to work, hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

hey... happy friday.

boundries are a many blessed thing. hard to inforce. but so good .

ok. this weekend.. costco, feed mill, and foodland for my mom.
    i would like to go to a differnet gr store. for a few items.. as foodlands veggies are .. ugh. and costcos .. well i am just not impressed with them .
    i think i am a fruit and veggie snob. i think that if you pay full inflated prices the stuff should last more then 48 hours ( cough foodland ) before going bad. and costco .. sigh. ours veggie and fruits have gone downhill there lately. i get that its winter blah blah... but..

i am hoping hubby and i will get some sorting and purdging done.. most i can do . but hubby... needs to do this.... grrr. needs to be done.

i will also do a good visit with my mom. might do dinner with her the following weekend.
    tonight is family movie night. and i just want to make a blanket fort and bindg watch tv.
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Giseledta I was just thinking with my back still acting up this would be a good weekend to just binge watch, but we will see. I do not sit still well.
    barbis9, Ciel and YOU AND ME like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Giseledta I was just thinking with my back still acting up this would be a good weekend to just binge watch, but we will see. I do not sit still well.
    lol.
    i click my sb stuff, cut out stuff for daycare. hunt recipies, and make menu plans... lol. i used to knit when i bingded. hubby just shakes his head at me....lol
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Had gone to an AX event dinner two weeks ago at a new and upcoming resto in Toronto. It was abysmal and we passed along our comments to AX. Today got a call back from AX and they offered us two free tickets in the box seats to Chicago/Rick Springfield at the Budweiser Stage in July. Happy to take that compensation!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

WOW! What a great day at work. Accomplished so much and feeling good for the start on Monday. I need to plan vacation more often! 6 days of work left (Maybe 7 depending when we leave)
    I think I need to have a glass of wine after hockey game to celebrate the week/weekend My sister gave me a nice bottle of Wayne Gretzky's that I am hoping is really good

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ahhh yes got my haircut ,looks so cute nicely layered with an inch off so now its shoulder length

got my pictures from shoppers

then popped into freshco got 4 large purex jugs of laundry soap 4.99 reg 12.99 3 day sale will give my daughter one when i see her sunday
    oh and got 3 knorr soup 1.29-1.00 cpn=.29 and found more of the coupon in fortinos tonight -yeah
    a lovely sirloin tip roast at freshco 8.64 saved 5.00 will have my son his family over soon
    spent 38 at fortinos got 5,800 points 3,000 for when I spent 30.00 the rest individual personal points

treated hubby and I to pan fresco pizza from fortinos $12 plus 2,400 points
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

@SassyAshley When I was having regular pain/migraines I went to therapy. I found it amazingly helpful and applicable for many areas of my life. Although I originally went for help with anxiety from being unsure of what was wrong medically. One of the first exercise we did was catching "unhelpful thinking" moments. The next thing we did was find counter arguments for that thinking to reduce anxiety.

e.g. coronavirus is on the loose and we are all going to die (magnification) anxiety 9/10
    Counterthoughts - there are only a few cases in Canada, the WHO is doing everything in their power to contain spread, it's death rate is less than SARS anxiety 4/10

https://www.psychologytools.com/asse...ing_styles.png

I found it immensely helpful because at the end of the day we only have power to control our own actions. I found it really helped my parenting in that I was no longer treating my children base on how they "should" be. Instead it allows them to be who they are and I am able to shape their upbringing.

I am not sure if you and your mother have separate bank accounts, but if you don't, that would be a good first boundary. I don't know if you have divided financial responsibilities, but I think that would be wise too. I am a saver, DH is a spender. I manage our finances and we have a joint account. We have "rules" of spending that we adhere to. If it were my mom I lived with, I would need the boundaries I just mentioned. Maybe none of that is helpful, but I am sorry you are dealing with that extra stress. Stress can cause pain too. I also found massage very helpful as part of my mental and physical wellness.
    Last edited by Granger; Fri, Feb 7th, 2020 at 07:56 PM.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    A mother in our neighbourhood has asked me to watch her children 3 days per week-I did orientation yesterday with her 8 month old triplet boys and 2 year old son-that will keep me hopping-I call it my paid "going to the gym workout"-lol.
    I am amazed at the multiples in your vicinity!!! And good for you. You are a blessing to that family.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Finally, unthawed from two strike days. It was COLD!

Lots of support and a few fingers (lol, oh well to each their own!).

I think binge watching TV sounds amazing. I do have some marking to do.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Snow storm is raging here have had 50+cm of snow already and no sign of letting up.Good day for watching tv.

Monday I am going for a bone density they need to check my spine as I have osteoporosis and spiral fractures in my lower spine which are very bad.

Haven't been spending much money as i'm eating from the pantry and freezer,i've spent for the month of January $60 on fresh fruit and veggies,eggs and Oat milk

Well off to bed hopeful I can sleep as I didn't last evening all I heard was snowplows all night long lol

Have a good evening
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Quote Originally Posted by YOU AND ME View Post
    Snow storm is raging here have had 50+cm of snow already and no sign of letting up.Good day for watching tv.

Monday I am going for a bone density they need to check my spine as I have osteoporosis and spiral fractures in my lower spine which are very bad.

Haven't been spending much money as i'm eating from the pantry and freezer,i've spent for the month of January $60 on fresh fruit and veggies,eggs and Oat milk

Well off to bed hopeful I can sleep as I didn't last evening all I heard was snowplows all night long lol

Have a good evening

Hows oat milk ? I drink almond milk...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

After doctors appointment went to the superstore With my mom my mom picked up the majority of stuff for HerselF. I forgot dark brown suGar for some cookies I only realized now.

I am only going to the store tomorrow for 20x points When spend 40$ or more at shoPpers drug mart.

Giseledta and Ciel like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Some kleenex is on sale and i only have 3 boxes left. gain laundry detergent and bounce sheets. Oreo cookies and some Valentines chocolate. Some quo brushes and pepsi.

Giseledta and Ciel like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greentires4me View Post
    The little bit of snow here did nothing but new west was snowed in on Tuesday.

I think I am sick officially I have a sore throat and a cough. I wish people would stay home when they were sick Val for staff member lost her voice but didn’t go to the doctors. Spread around her germs . Tracy has a nice lovely cough . Now I’m definitely sick. I’m going to the doctor today for a shot but I will talk about this probably strep throat or bronchitis I have. Antibiotics for me probably.

Do you have any honey at home? It'd would help with the cough. Have you added any garlic to your soups or cooking of late?
    Giseledta and barbis9 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information