User Tag List

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree1321Likes

Thread: February 2020-Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Yesterday we celebrated with my friend who lost her husband. She adopted her two foster children this past week. Bittersweet. She is also now fostering the third sibling who was born last year, the baby may or may not be adopted too (she is hoping yes). Time will determine.

This morning is pretty chill. Kids are watching cartoons. Will try to do a little housework and then hopefully something as a family, maybe a walk or a hike. It is pretty nice outside today.
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good morning all.
    my plan for he day.. laundry- clean the laundry room
    work on some dc paperwork.. get that stuff done.
    natchos with hubby...
    and maybe takethe dogs for a good walk
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Pretty good day here.

Laundry is done, folded, 1st load is put away, 2nd load is upstairs just need to put it away.

We loaded the dishwasher this morning and turned it on well we were making Breakfast. After Breakfast Mom decided to do the hand dishes. Well Mom was cleaning the kitchen I decided to clean the Bathroom and the upstairs floors. The main floor, floors need to be done too but that is going to have to wait until I get a broom, I cannot use a swiffer dry on them and we still have not gotten a broom yet and my back just does not have sweeping the whole main floor using a small hand broom in it.

Well Mom was cleaning the kitchen she made a batch of Goulash to use up the beef chunks we found. The Fast Fry Steak is being made into Beef Stroganoff for dinner.

I offered to make dinner but Mom said she would so well she was making dinner, I cut up the Cantaloupe I bought and put in grab and go containers. I also found some apples that needed to be used so I made them into "Pie Filling" an I will make Mock Apple Pies for dessert (I use a tortilla instead of pastry).

We did not get a ton of stuff done but I am happy with what we got done. A lot of stuff I was looking to tackle during the week has been done (bathroom, Floors, Hand Dishes) so now I can focus on other things.

After dinner tonight I need to look at our budget, we are going to go shopping after work on Wednesday. I am not sure we can get everything on our Costco list but I do have a bit of a surplus I can use. As well I have started setting aside money for household needs. In the past these items were not in my budget so I would wait until something broke or needed to be replaced and then would take it out of my personal budget or my "other" household budget which was never really a set amount just extra money we had if we came in under budget on something.

Also I had a little talk with Mom yesterday, I cannot say she fully understands how I feel but it was nice to be listen to. She is getting very frustrated with my not wanting to spend money but does not understand how I feel. She still does not fully get it but it was the first time she has been willing to listen to me and acknowledge how I am feeling even if she does not understand it.

Alright well time for some down time before we have dinner and I tackle the budget. Have a wonderful night everyone.
    ROMEO, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sassy -so glad things are getting better for you ,sounds like you had a productive day

Supper tonight was eggs for supper and i had a nice big bowl of my homemade soup ,used the vacuum today and just chatted with Sebastian "he wanted to tell me he went to the rom and saw dinosaurs bones"his first time there and he loves dinosaurs he can pronounce all their prehistoric names too .

Laundry folded and put away ,had a good day .
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Homemade pizza for dinner. We use the bread machine to make the dough. The machine was a wedding gift over 25 years ago. Spent the day puttering around the house and went for a walk in the sunshine this morning. Drop a book off to our local little free library and started one I picked up before Christmas. I will be happy for the 4 day week.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Over the next 3 days, our kids will take turns having an 8am dental cleaning and check-up. Dh usually takes them. He needs to ask about their lip & tongue ties. Not liking the way it has been handled so far. Tongue ties will never self-correct. Lip ties can really mess up their front teeth. Not a fun place for parents to be in.

edit: They said twin girl’s lip tie isn’t as severe as ds’ lip tie. Her tongue tie has improved some as she has grown. Their policy changed in the last 6 months. Dh and I are confused about some of it.... They won’t try to do x-rays until they’re 5yrs old. There are two spots that they are monitoring. Her teeth are very tight together between some molars and the dental floss can barely fit.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Feb 18th, 2020 at 10:12 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all
    weird week work wise. but it is what it is .

hubby will be busy, he has a full plate this week.
    donation stuff this week. work on some paperwork.

menu plan is in place. i am hoping for a good frugal week . i need to practice my more .. active frugal habits. tighten things up a bit.
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Ever wake up and it is just one of those days? I can't say I am having a bad day, I cannot say I feel sick, I just feel meh. Of course me being me tried to figure it out on my drive to work, was it the weather? is it going to work (I do have a bit of self isolation going on right now)? The list went on and on but I could not put my finger on exactly what is bothering me.

Now that I am at work, I am finding it extremely hard to focus. I have tried working a few different projects to see if one project would jump out at me, what can I say some days writing manuals does not inspire me but that day I am all over recording videos. Today nothing is jumping out at me and I am having to work really hard to focus.

I worked on my budget last night and I have everything laid out for the house. The budget is do able but I cannot say I am happy with the budget, I am bit over my target number of monthly spending for the house. I have the money in the budget but I have always viewed the house budget and my personal budget separately and I had to pull a little more than I would have liked from my budget. Although ultimately I am not "losing" any money as one of my deductions stopped this year but instead of that money going into my personal budget, it is in the house budget.

I am struggling a bit with my personal budget, I have never budgeted my personal money as I am not a spender but I was hoping if I set aside money maybe when I need something I would not feel the guilt of spending the money. Right now it is having a bit of an opposite affect, instead of being happy I have the money set aside to use my brain is screaming "Or we could just save it all as you never know what will happen." Which is true and I think that is my issue right now, we are still stuck in this situation that we have been promised multiple times would come to an end by various dates but they have all come and gone usually with no acknowledgement or some sort of what I call a cryptic message. Something is said but it is nothing we can work with, it is like well there are a lot of cards in play and we need to see where they fall. We have been living like this for almost 3 months now and as someone who needs stability this is driving me a bit insane. Oh well, I have no control, I can only try to plan accordingly.

Alright well time to get back to work, I need to work on promo processing pages. Not that most fun but hopefully I can get them done today and not have to think of them again other then to send them to staff as needed.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    morning everyone.

my neighbor next door was involved in a car accident 2 nights ago.. she did not make it. my street is very quiet, she was a lovely lady
    and will be very missed.

hubby and i will be staying in tonight. not going anywhere. very very cold out.. and i dont want to people. lol

today is pay.. so i need to do a bit of budget clean up .

i am hoping to stay in for a bit this weekend...
    Condolences on the passing of your dear neighbour. Her loss will be felt by you and others who enjoyed her presence. (((Hugs)))
    Giseledta and barbis9 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Last week, the Bell phone bill came. When Mom was trying to figure out why the monthly bill was not the usual $49 ish amount but closer to $76, I came up and noticed the $25 directory listing charge, with HST. Yes, that phone book listing change was not free (now I understand why phantom or closed stores still have phone listings in the book where other businesses are located).

I got lectured about not asking her in advance of the effort I made to change the listing. I explained that it made sense to do the change but at no time did I ask the rep about the fee (or whether there was one). Anyhow, the upside is that sibling paid the bill online.

I'd love to know what SCers outside of Ontario are paying for changing phone directory listings in their province or territory with their landline provider.
    barbis9 likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yesterday was mend some clothing day and swap white shoe laces for black ones (less likely to show salt and sand when trekking through snowy sidewalks and parking lots). One top will go to my rag back and other one got seams re-sewn. Need to make two new tops in meantime.

Checked online-my tax return has been assessed and Feb 27 is the day I'll see my carbon tax credit. Woohoo!
    barbis9 and coupon girl like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Afternoon -went to the mall only to the gap to return a hat I bought for Ashlyn then turned around and got fuzzy socks for cara .97 reduced and 3 pairs of socks for Sebastian 4.97 for easter will put away the reduced undies I got him .

Then on to value village ,donated one bag and a basket got my 20% off coupon
    Then shopped instore no puzzles that I liked but got 2 lovely blouses at an awesome price ,one is a small bell sleeve also 4.99-50%=2.50 and the other blouse was 3.99-50%=1.99 got hubby a long sleeve top 9.49-50%=4.74 as they had a 50% off certain winter tops,sweaters for me and women and some coats too
    Also 3 small photo albums 3.99-30%=2.79 one is for daughter
    I also found a nice pair of new white socks and they fit 2.99-30% senior =2.09 and they are nice light elastic around the top of the ankle
    I also got cara puzzle of animals new in a box 3.99-30%=2.79

I spent 19.08 so pretty happy with my thrift shopping today and the few clearance items at the gap for grandkids
    Last edited by coupon girl; Tue, Feb 18th, 2020 at 02:00 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Did some running around on my lunch. Redeemed $10 in PC pts for some snacks to tuck away in carryon bag.
    Went to Sportchek and the Buy 1 Get 1 free sock deal still on. I got 2 packs for me (Reg $23.99 EACH marked down to $8.97 so paid $8.97 plus tax for 2 packages. Also got 2 packs of mens reg $23.99 marked down to $11.97 so same deal 2 packs for the price of one.)
    Will add the 2 packs of Men's socks to the Christmas bin for my boys.
    Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just looked up the name on the tag of my thrift clothing "sere nade" of new York expensive clothing and I paid $2.50 and the other u.s.a designer is Brittney black and I paid $1.99 .I guess the people pricing in the back don't know all the names especially if its from the usa ,such pretty tops I got today .I will wear one when we go to my daughter's the end of the month .
    Frugalbigmama awesome deal on the socks ,gee I could have checked that out this morning at the mall,but I hate mall shopping so I decided to just go to the gap and out .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Tue, Feb 18th, 2020 at 02:53 PM.
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I talked with my new case manager on the phone today she’s coming over on Thursday at 3:30pm. She already seems she has more on the ball then Sarah did. But who knows her name is Hailey. She was impressed that someone takes over her injection for now.

Everyone who gets paid per check got there’s today. I owe some people money but unlike myself I spent it at the corner store on scratch ticket and wild cherry Pepsi’s. I get my full check tomorrow little excited to say the least I thought I was going to have an early $100 but no such luck. And I guess I have to wait until tomorrow to find out. I wouldn’t be able to pull it out until Thursday anyway. I am only allowed 500$ limit on what I am allowed to take out in cash. So $150 for Thursday isn’t so bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ciel likes this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information