User Tag List

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree1321Likes

Thread: February 2020-Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Tracy called me last night trying to make me buy a flat of eggs I said no she also woke me up anyway I would of wanted those eggs if I wasn’t half asleep. I woke up at 2:30am and ate a whole pot of K.D.. I think Tracy needs to learn that if you wake me up I will say no. $2 for a flat of eggs is a good deal ugh oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by greentires4me; Tue, Feb 18th, 2020 at 06:47 PM.
    Ciel likes this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My day started early, with an early daycare kid.
    Dh took twin girl to the dentist. It went ok and she was happy.
    I did 2 science experiments with my children and daycare kids.
    I made waffles with fresh fruit and leftover roast ham for lunch.

Then things took a bad turn. Don’t read further if you are squeamish.
    I used the washroom after cleaning up some from lunch. I heard commotion and exited the bathroom in a hurry to see twin boy standing outside the door, he was covered in blood. One of my daycare kids had pushed him into a corner and it resulted in a deep gash on his forehead. I have medical training, but this still sucks. I called for help so that someone could take care of the kids and then I called the hospital. The ER had staff on hand, which isn’t always the case in our community. The gash was a straight line, so they were able to glue it together and then put butterfly strips over top. Never in my life have I had to do this. Not while babysitting, not as a teacher, and this was the first time as a parent. I spoke with the daycare child’s parent at pick up time, at the end of the day. I was straight forward about what had happened. The child never apologized for their actions or for the injury that twin boy received. The parent is going to speak with the child.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Feb 18th, 2020 at 10:13 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

That is scary Angela, hope your little one is feeling better.
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all. i dont think anyone in my house slept well last night not sure why. ugh. going to be a long day.
    it is already colder now then when i got up this am . and windy. brrr.

working on some dc craft ideas to use up stuff. i have alot . lol.
    anyone else have over 1000 pipecleaners... lol. or ideas on what to use them for ...
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

angela -hope your son is okay .
    Cara had to get 2 stiches under her chin about a month ago as she was pushed off a wooden area she was on at daycare .

My arthritis in my knees is so achy and my fingers also,ahh getting older sucks sometimes ,may try to go for a walk today as long as its not slippery .
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Last night I tackled a bin that was in the dinning room and was full of random kitchen stuff including a broken measure cup which confuses me. I washed everything and left it on the counter for Mom to go through and decide what she wants to keep. Not sure if she will get this done today as she came home sick last night, her work sent her home.

Not sure if we will make it out shopping tonight as not sure if Mom is up to it as well, I have a horrible headache I just cannot shake. Nothing seems to be helping the pain so I may not be up to shopping either. It is days like today it is hard to stare at a computer screen all day.

With that being said I spent off a few things for approval so I can move some projects forward. Also trying to get some stuff cleaned up as I have my performance review tomorrow.

Not much else going on right now which is a good thing. Although if we stay home tonight I would like Mom to look over a few things. I am getting stuck on a few areas I need to clean, mostly just overwhelmed, it is a lot of stuff and none of it is mine so I cannot make the decisions on keep or go. Plus nothing I am trying to sell is moving which is frustrating as most of the items have a lot of watchers so people are interested but no one committing. I would really like to move some stuff out but oh well what can you do other than be patient. I did some price drops last night and was hoping that would make some people commit but so far nothing yet.

Alright time to get back to work, hope everyone has a wonderful afternoon.
    Ciel and coupon girl like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Black laces untied on one shoe-that was prescient of me, knowing the dark laces would hide any grayness picked up from the sidewalk on my walk home yesterday.

I made like Baby Yoda last night, having a mug of sipped goodness (very big tea with sugar and milk) when Mom and I could not agree on items to get at the store. This morning, I went and got the beverages on sale at Shoppers (no Pepsi mini-cans and missed chance to earn 1000 Pc Optimum pts)and Food Basics (the minicans 2 for $5 deal) as it seems there's no agreement at home on getting the deals if still in stock now rather than missing out later in the week.

One more sock has a big hole--will attempt to mend it for winter as it's a woolen one but my, the textile donation bag is getting a little fuller by the week!

Will see how tomorrow's weather will be for a pop over to Value Village to peruse what's left in winter apparel. with a keen eye on pants (navy quest continues) and socks.

The afternoon-hoping a nearby road closure is done on schedule and everything is open by tomorrow morning. Have a big mug of tea and vacuum two rooms and pull out shirt pattern I'd like to use this week (and get some cutting and sewing done). Pasta surprise meal or chicken noodle soup with lots of herbs and some sliced carrots. Search last year's papers to see if the ON government gave me a receipt last year for the carbon credit donation (or maybe it'll be on the way at month's end). Pack library tote with items to return tomorrow. Hope that Youtube does not crash when I attempt to watch last third of movie (app was crashing every 20min for three times, then in under 3 min subsequent times) today. The downside of streaming content on one's tv/blu-ray dvd player...oh and some over the air signals were only 50% useful last night (that is when a good paperback book should be plan B for entertainment).
    barbis9 and coupon girl like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I went to Walmart yesterday morning I picked up some much needed pop, frozen food items and other items. I really want some batteries and other items.

I picked up some gaviscon from shoppers, amazon gift card and iTunes gift card. And gained 25k in points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    barbis9, Ciel and coupon girl like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all @Angela273 hoping your DS doing good and not in too much pain.

It’s very cold out today. Plan was to go for a long walk and see if I can find any of the new coupons out there. Also want to PM Windsor Table salt at Freshco for $0.68
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

mornng all.
    i suspect it wll be a long day. oldest works. youngest.. ugh. i am not sure sheis not doing well. hubby - physio and work.
    watching strike stuff all day. i am hoping it all ends soon.

rather grey day out there.
    hoping to get a few little things done. . the dc kids and i are into a good groove in our day.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning -yesterday was feeling achy all day with a bit of a headache ,so rested in afternoon .
    I ate chili last night and was sick to my stomach in the night and other not so much fun stuff ,my stomach is killing me this morning .
    I guess its a no spend day today ,unless I feel way better later on may go to shoppers seniors day ,we will see.
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Greetings from Mexico! We arrived at the resort here at 2pm our time yesterday. Had a good 1st day in the pool, played water volleyball and met some nice people. My poor guy is fighting something with a fever and the chills. We went for a walk last night after dinner then to bed early. Hopefully it passes quickly for him.
    Have a wonderful week everyone!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I’ve been feeling like a bad mom. I have issues with dentists. Dh takes our kids to the dentist every 6 months. He also doesn’t like dentists, but he handles it better than me.
    Twin girl’s dental appointment went great. Her tongue tie has improved, her lip tie is still there but not as severe as her older brother’s.
    Twin boy’s molars are close together and he now requires small fillings between some of them. He hated the flavour of paint on fluoride that was used yesterday. He complained and tried to wipe it off on his shirt.
    Ds had his dental appointment this morning. He also needs a small filling in a baby molar. He has a severe lip tie and should be seen by an orthodontist by age 9. He has 2 loose teeth on top, which is typical for his age.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

frugalbigmama -hope your hubby is feeling better ,i think i had a 24 hour bug yesterday/last night .

I just got my sweater in from the gap i ordered but i may take it back ,its lovely softspun fabric and grey,but I am 5'4 and I got the petite size large but it still hangs down just past my knee I feel it looks frumpy .I do have a stripped blue /grey sweater from the gap that is just past my bottom with pockets I have had for 2 years now and I love it but wanted a light solid sweater .I think I may return it ,if only I was a tiny bit taller ,then I would have kept it and I don't wear heels anymore .

I ate toast and a banana at noon ,and I am feeling better but I will stay in today .
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Some frugal things that I’ve done this week.
    Worked some overtime for two of my daycare families.
    We attended a free lunch on Family Day.
    Mended a teddy bear and two shirts.
    Borrowed books from the library instead of buying them.
    Resisted the urge to go out to eat, even though my migraine has been particularly bad this week.
    Cooked all of our meals at home and even baked some squares.
    As usual I used Air Miles, PCO points, PM’d, and used some coupons.
    I also continue to do the daily Caddle surveys and try to reach first goal on Swagbucks every day.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Feb 20th, 2020 at 03:20 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information