User Tag List

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree1321Likes

Thread: February 2020-Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

My mom forgot it was Friday so now I have to wait until she goes to the bank and and then comes pick me up. Even though we had a set time for 1pm. Not to say I am disappointed I am just a little ticked off. She agreed then totally tells me she thought it was Thursday. I should of called her earlier. Oh well I am laying on my bed listening to music through my Bluetooth speaker.

Earlier I went to Walmart and someone wanted me to go pick them up some stuff. I did then when I got back they were like where is the receipt and the change I got pissed off. I went to the store but I should get something out of it it’s not fair to me put all my time and effort into like that. I bought things like batteries, day old cookies, socks and Easter chocolate for myself from Walmart. And then she wanted me to buy something off amazon for her then she reimburse me but that’s not how it works I fell into the trap again. I’m tired how else you f up simple things other then being tired.

I saw my trauma counsellor today it was a good meeting at least someone listens to me and it’s her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

barbis-i had that happen once with my bins try banging on the sides with a mallet or something like that -I did and they came apart

I went to the mall and returned my sweater -$34 back on my credit card ,then bought socks reduced at the gap $2.09 for Ashlyn and a cute sweater for 8.00

Then went to eddie bauer used my 10.00 promo off coupon got active cool max socks 19.00-40%=11.58-10.00=1.58 for socks for me size 5-10 and they fit

Then on to value village took back the photo albums $2.79 and found the best deal I got 9 ravensburger 1,000 piece puzzles 2.99 each -20% discount for donating =after the refund $21.16 the price of one retail new price in stores

Then went to freshco got
    (2) activia yogurt 2.99 -1.50 cpn when you buy 2 =$2.24 each thur/fri /sat special plus got a lot of fruit cantelope ,apples ,broccoli etc spent $70.00 plus a nice ham for tonight with mashed potatoes and corn

oh saved $7.50 off my gas at pioneer as you cant collect bonus bucks anymore so redeemed them then joined a new program journie
    Last edited by coupon girl; Fri, Feb 21st, 2020 at 04:51 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I went grocery shopping last night after work as we needed a few things to get through the weekend and well I was there I grabbed a number of sale items.

4 x Sugar $1 (I am stocked up again)
    4 x Velotine $3 (Not on sale but it never goes on sale and I had a points offer)
    12 x Mushroom Soup $0.50 (I wanted more last week but never made it back)
    1 x Milk (needed this to get through the weekend)
    2 x Frozen Veggies $2 (This one made me laugh, last week when I bought frozen veggies turns out what I thought I bought and what I got were 2 different things, so I looked again this week and grabbed 2 bags of what I thought I bought last week and bonus it is a bigger bag for same price)
    1 x Avocados bag of 6 - $3 (an okay price not the best but was so craving some Guacamole)
    2 x Mushrooms $1
    1 x Limes 2lb bag $3 (I was going to grab a couple single ones as they were on sale for $0.25 but they were not nice)
    1 x Grape Tomato $1
    1 x Cesar Dressing (Total guilt here, I normally only buy at Costco but well I had a weak moment and I miss Cesar Salad)
    6 x Bananas
    2 x Mango $1
    2 x Asparagus $1.50/lb
    2 x Broccoli (these are being turned into soup)

I spent just over $50 and got 4200 pts. I have a little bit of guilt but I only spent half our budget for the week so I guess that is a win. I would really like this guilt to go away when I am within budget but I feel like I am spinning again which is making me freak out about money. Oh well I spent it, I already ate some of the Salad Dressing so time to move on.

Have a great night everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Just went to sobeys spent $22 and got 9 airmiles plus a few various other items
    mini wheats cereal on sale 3.99-1.00 cpn=2.99 plus 8 airmiles
    Last edited by coupon girl; Fri, Feb 21st, 2020 at 07:21 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Walked 10 km on the picket line today. Had a bath to warm up after. Put the older two kids in a strike camp today. Little one stayed home with dad. Older two did lots of art and had fun! We are now enjoying pizza and movies. AND the pizza with mushrooms, black olives and feta went first! There is pepperoni leftover. Now that is a win.

Upgraded my phone today from an iPhone 5S to 7. Upgrade was free for the actual phone, $40 one-time fee and my bill will go down $5 a month. Hubby is currently working on his. His speaker stopped working yesterday and he can no longer make or receive calls which spurred this on.

Got a free shelf from FB Marketplace yesterday too. It is now holding all of our home supplies for the homework station in the family room.

On the weekend docket: laundry, budget, marking - we have no other plans, so I will probably try to incorporate something fun for the kids even if it is just playing a game.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

went to shoppers 20x points. i needed a vitamin stoc up , and bought on sale items. . and bacon.. on sale...3.99 .
    got 26700 points. prob no other shopping this weekend.. i may head to walmart... i do need a gift for a child.... hmmm
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    barbis-i had that happen once with my bins try banging on the sides with a mallet or something like that -I did and they came apart

I went to the mall and returned my sweater -$34 back on my credit card ,then bought socks reduced at the gap $2.09 for Ashlyn and a cute sweater for 8.00

Then went to eddie bauer used my 10.00 promo off coupon got active cool max socks 19.00-40%=11.58-10.00=1.58 for socks for me size 5-10 and they fit

Then on to value village took back the photo albums $2.79 and found the best deal I got 9 ravensburger 1,000 piece puzzles 2.99 each -20% discount for donating =after the refund $21.16 the price of one retail new price in stores

Then went to freshco got
    (2) activia yogurt 2.99 -1.50 cpn when you buy 2 =$2.24 each thur/fri /sat special plus got a lot of fruit cantelope ,apples ,broccoli etc spent $70.00 plus a nice ham for tonight with mashed potatoes and corn

oh saved $7.50 off my gas at pioneer as you cant collect bonus bucks anymore so redeemed them then joined a new program journie
    @coupon girl I didn't realize that pioneer changed their bonus bucks. Will have to redeem for gas.
    ROMEO, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

barbis -i think you have til the end of april or august(one or the other to redeem)pioneer bucks
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greentires4me View Post
    My mom forgot it was Friday so now I have to wait until she goes to the bank and and then comes pick me up. Even though we had a set time for 1pm. Not to say I am disappointed I am just a little ticked off. She agreed then totally tells me she thought it was Thursday. I should of called her earlier. Oh well I am laying on my bed listening to music through my Bluetooth speaker.

Earlier I went to Walmart and someone wanted me to go pick them up some stuff. I did then when I got back they were like where is the receipt and the change I got pissed off. I went to the store but I should get something out of it it’s not fair to me put all my time and effort into like that. I bought things like batteries, day old cookies, socks and Easter chocolate for myself from Walmart. And then she wanted me to buy something off amazon for her then she reimburse me but that’s not how it works I fell into the trap again. I’m tired how else you f up simple things other then being tired.

I saw my trauma counsellor today it was a good meeting at least someone listens to me and it’s her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree with the idea of getting something for spending your time and energy getting things for the "want-it-now" crowd-esp. relevant during bad weather or when you feel awful but happen to be in area of desired store for someone. Suggest that you charge fees aka concierge or personal shopping fee-better yet, get the money ahead of shopping from them (less hassle for you). More fees applied to heavier items and no, they don't get to demand instant gratification. They have to wait up to a day or two and pay you as well as for the shopping. Or they can lump it and you can add them to your "don't bother catering to their whims" list.
    barbis9 and coupon girl like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@coupon girl The Pioneer Site still mentions Bonus Bucks but the program page is 404ing though there's still a member log in page.
    I searched Google for the Journie Program and found this information (I guess a change is coming in the fall due to the date?):https://www.journie.ca/en-CA/terms-and-conditions

There's a bonus points offer if you link CIBC cards to the Journie program-ends April 30, 2020.https://www.journie.ca/en-CA/Page/Promotions_National
    barbis9 and coupon girl like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Had an emotionally rollercoaster day yesterday. Decided the day would improve by buying a 2 bar Snickers treat at Dollarama (had $1.30 in refund coins plus 10 cents found Thursday night). $1.40 spent and happy brain after chocolate= emotional rescue for a couple of hours. Did find a student's unregistered Presto card with a balance on it but no name on the signature space on the card. Guess it'll have to be binned as I was able to check the balance and no registration window came up after the code entry (there'd be no way for HSR to find the owner if card is unregistered despite the glaring sticker still on front of card). Found some of the grocery coupons that @mcminsen posted in the Coupon Scan thread so I consider that a bonus find yesterday (as nothing new appeared last weekend at the local Fortinos). Also admired two seed racks installed at one end of the store. I definitely want some herb seeds and I have to remind Mom of all her past saved seeds that she has forgotten about. Maybe it's time to plant pits and hope for a fruit orchard again...

This morning needed 1h of cleanup time to restore order to main rooms. I needed a double-quantity of hot cocoa so I appreciated that I had purchased some Fry's cocoa a week ago! Ms. Sunshine has been beaming despite sort of watery-blue skies now and then.

February issue of On The Go magazine has 3 recipes for the past Super Bowl event and my eyes want to try the Slow Cooker Dr. Pepper Meatballs (except I'd be using a stovetop element to make mine!). Cannot find the item under the Food menu on the magazine page but the e-zine has the recipe on p. 57:http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/...d#/061ca3ad/58

*Just realized that inside the pdf, there's a print button in lower right of frame, next to envelope icon. I unselected all the pages then typed 57 to get the page I wanted. Click the radio button for page 57 and eureka, it's ready to print. Have my recipe copy now.
    Last edited by Ciel; Sat, Feb 22nd, 2020 at 03:54 PM.
    barbis9 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok. nap over. ...lol
    after shopping i made homemade bacon and egg mc muffins.. . so good. .... then i napped.

hamburger is out for homemade burgers for supper.
    i am doing my gail work daily... she has said that may will be about house stuff.. using your rrsp for downpayment ect.

i need to do up some paperwork. howevr .... my puppy now wants to snuggle.. so .. we snuggle

a friend is having a 31 party... i keep getting invited to these.. i just cannot justify the price of the items....
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    ok. nap over. ...lol
    after shopping i made homemade bacon and egg mc muffins.. . so good. .... then i napped.

hamburger is out for homemade burgers for supper.
    i am doing my gail work daily... she has said that may will be about house stuff.. using your rrsp for downpayment ect.

i need to do up some paperwork. howevr .... my puppy now wants to snuggle.. so .. we snuggle

a friend is having a 31 party... i keep getting invited to these.. i just cannot justify the price of the items....
    Totally understand your lack of interest in the 31 gifts party. After Mom got three invites, I said get off the list. Worked like a charm when she told hostess' mother to not include her anymore (rather helped her get off other sales parties list too). Not sure how many new friends were referred at these parties but I only let Mom attend the first two by getting something small (not a storage bag) and one item is sort of in use, the other one ended up at Value Village in less than 2 years.
    barbis9 likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I asked at my Longos store about the rules for the Ricardo pressure cooker contest-beyond having the TYR card, what else is required for entry, details etc. Staff had e-mails but key persons will be back at store next week. If you managed to get the rules at your store, please share here (Mom does not want this appliance but I simply want to know how to enter, how winners will be picked, etc.).
    barbis9 likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@barbis9 I'll keep a look out for Keurig machine contests (Canada) and recommend you enter Linen Chest's $1000 card contest too. If the ESC Coffee people put up a machine in a contest, I'll tag you!
    barbis9 likes this.

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information