User Tag List

Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree1843Likes

Thread: March 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Our town stores have reduced hours. Walmart open at 9- 6pm daily now. RCSS open 8-8.
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Ok, I do not know if it is my anxiety or OCDs but after I posted earlier I could not take it anymore and went to the store. Right now if I have something to do I have to do it now or I feel like I cannot move past it. It just consumes me and I cannot focus.

I cannot find yeast anywhere. But I did buy a new bread machine, it was under $100 and have good reviews online, only bad review I could find were when making Whole Wheat Bread and trying to use Rapid bake. We do not bake out dough in the Bread Machine so this did not concern me. Mom feels if they do shut everything down we do need a bread machine to sustain ourselves. With this being said I do have yeast just not sure how long it will last so we will see.

I also found whole wheat flour for Mom as she is supposed to cut out white flour, so she can make herself whole wheat bread.

I also grabbed some strawberries on sale for $1.66 to have something fresh on hand.

As well I grabbed a bottle of tylenol, normally we use Advil and have the Costco size bottle so I was not concerned. But they are now saying if you get Covid-19 do not take Ibuprofen it has to be acetaminophen so I grabbed a bottle just in case. But I forgot to look for Halls which Mom asked me to look for, opps.

I am really hoping we do not come up with anything else we need as I feel my grocery budget is quickly spiraling out of control as I keep grabbing stuff (on sale) but I feel like it is constant right now because we just do not know what tomorrow will bring. This weekend I will need to sit down with the budget and see just where exactly we stand.

As well since I walked right by them after grabbing the bread machine, I grabbed a new mat for our front door, our current one is falling apart and drives me insane as I cannot get the front hallway clean. As soon as I put the mat back more falls off the back. So this weekend I am going to scrub the whole area down put down the new mat.

Alright gotta get back to work, I started tackling a project before I went out and I want to get it done tonight so that is my goal to have it done.

Have a great night everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i got my yeast ... big , big container at bulk barn
    Angela273, Ciel, lilo0003 and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I had a lovely cod steamed ,green beans (I had frozen some 2 months ago) and mini potatoes .

My dear mom had shingles around age 69 above her eye ,so yes it can be painfull,if mine advances down near my eye my doctor told me go to ambulatory care with the eye clinic in it -thanks for all the comments guys .
    Plus years ago my dear son at age 23 got shingles on his stomach (he was stressed with collage)

I am gonna try and get on my recumbent bike everyday now,no reason not to .

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    These are stressful times for all! If you are not self-isolating, then turn to a family member and give them a hug.

I have received a number of impromptu hugs from the 19 yr old this week. Isolation has a few perks.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Our town stores have reduced hours. Walmart open at 9- 6pm daily now. RCSS open 8-8.
    The RCSS I shop at is 7-8am for seniors or pregnant ladies and 8-8pm for regular shop
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Stayed off the news today. Now it is 11pm so you can guess what I am watching.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

One of our big banks in town has split all of their staff into two teams. They are taking 2wks rotations. Then a deep clean of the entire building on the weekend before the shift changes for the next 2wk stretch. The “off” shift is not allowed to have physical contact with the “on” shift. The “off” team is almost quarantined during their 2wks. I think it’s a great strategy!
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF. This has been a long week.

My guy made us big salads again last night. We added left over vegetarian meat/bean mix to it. I am not a huge fan of that mixture but I did my best. The salads from the other 2 nights were the best. I could eat those every night. Yum!

Work is suppose to give us an update today- basically just a skeleton staff at each office and work as a team to get through this (we are allowed to work from home but for my office there are only 3 of us, we each have our own office and we don't interact with the public and knock on wood so far our area is virus free so we are still coming in)

My guy works this weekend. On call. Hopefully it is quiet. Tons of house/projects to get done in our down time.

Stay safe my friends.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Well morning one thing I didn't stockpile was Tylenol wish I had an extra bottle on hand from when they were on sale -I am down to 30 pills and I had a mild headache last night ,not to worry will send hubby to shoppers on the senior hours when I get lower.lol

I have 3 pills in me now and my shingles is not advancing ,so that is good .Wish I could sleep more but woke up at 3.30 a.m so 5 and a half hours sleep ,may try to nap this afternoon .

Hubby said he will go for a walk with me if the rain stops at some point today -yeah fresh air
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I think Mom is happier, her work has put some measures in place. They are still open but they are now offering curbside pick up, just like PC Express place your order online you get an email with a code, call when you get to the store and they are asking customer to just pop their trunks and they will load the order into their trunk with no interaction. They have also reduced hours, and are now limiting only 20 customers are allowed in the store at a time.

As for my work we have a meeting at 10 am to discuss everything going on. Almost all of us who can work from home were moved home last week and we are now moving others who were not able to before to now work from home. We will then look at staff still working on site and might start moving staff so there is more distancing.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just went for a glourious 30 minute walk with hubby ,sunny and windy but mild .I just had my gap hoody on .Only saw one person 10 feet away getting his mail from the mailbox and some guy around the corner that sits in his garage everyday .

Gonna go rest as I feel a bit light headed and itchy.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

TVO video on financial planning during a pandemic. She is my financial planner. Love her!
    https://www.tvo.org/video/financial-...ing-a-pandemic
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Fri, Mar 20th, 2020 at 11:33 AM.
    barbis9, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quickly things change.... Conference call today and am now working from home starting Monday. Packing up my office now. At least I will be home to supervise my DS's cleaning chores His 1st chore is wall washing!
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread Information