User Tag List

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree1843Likes

Thread: March 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I currently have 6.4 substitute teaching days booked in advance for March. That’s a good way for me to start the month.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    A couple quick questions.

For those who shop at Giant Tiger what do you think their selection of brooms would be like?
    I am really feeling just doing the kitchen floor yesterday so I need to get a broom but in town, we are really limited on our options. I already checked No Frills but they only have 1 broom and it is more for outside use. I could check Home Hardware but in general I find them to be expensive, my best bet is probably Wal-Mart but that is like a half an hour drive from work and I have no other reason to head that way.

For those who use Swagbucks, how do you get most of your swagbucks?
    I used to use it more often but in the last couple of years I have found hitting my daily goal was getting harder and harder and took so much time and work. I understand some work is needed but I found to reach my daily goal would take me hours which I just do not have.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning Everyone,
    A couple quick questions.

For those who shop at Giant Tiger what do you think their selection of brooms would be like?
    I am really feeling just doing the kitchen floor yesterday so I need to get a broom but in town, we are really limited on our options. I already checked No Frills but they only have 1 broom and it is more for outside use. I could check Home Hardware but in general I find them to be expensive, my best bet is probably Wal-Mart but that is like a half an hour drive from work and I have no other reason to head that way.

For those who use Swagbucks, how do you get most of your swagbucks?
    I used to use it more often but in the last couple of years I have found hitting my daily goal was getting harder and harder and took so much time and work. I understand some work is needed but I found to reach my daily goal would take me hours which I just do not have.
    Costco for brooms! Cheap!
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning!

Sunny day here. I can hear the snow melting off the roof since I have my window opened here at work since it is like a sauna in here.

I have roastbeef and veggies for lunch... I can't wait to dig in as it was so good yesterday when I had it for a late lunch.

453 emails is what I came into at work. Glad to be back in the routine though.

I want something bad for dinner. I'm not sure what yet.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good afternoon all.

ok.. yesterday. i took my dryer apart.. i did the back hose... and got a bunch of lint...
    then ran a load.. worked alot better..

then took the load out.. and unscrewed the lint trap... yep.. i was feeling brave... omg... i got so much lint out. i am extreamly happy.. and a tad impressed with myself... i had been thinking i would need to be puttimg money aside to replace it soon... nope. works much better now.
    so pleased with myself.

i jsut started my 2nd cup of tea . hmmm. so yummy. davids chai.

ok. on track for the rest of the day... make mini muffins for the kids. that will be snack . prep supper. - tuna cassarole. green and yellow beans ... cuc slices for hubby.

after the kids leave ... dogs out... hopefully the rain stops..
    then finish off the laundry room floor... and spend 20 min doing a good clean up. gather recylces from downstairs bathroom finish off laundry - after 7 pm.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    good afternoon all.

ok.. yesterday. i took my dryer apart.. i did the back hose... and got a bunch of lint...
    then ran a load.. worked alot better..

then took the load out.. and unscrewed the lint trap... yep.. i was feeling brave... omg... i got so much lint out. i am extreamly happy.. and a tad impressed with myself... i had been thinking i would need to be puttimg money aside to replace it soon... nope. works much better now.
    so pleased with myself.

i jsut started my 2nd cup of tea . hmmm. so yummy. davids chai.

ok. on track for the rest of the day... make mini muffins for the kids. that will be snack . prep supper. - tuna cassarole. green and yellow beans ... cuc slices for hubby.

after the kids leave ... dogs out... hopefully the rain stops..
    then finish off the laundry room floor... and spend 20 min doing a good clean up. gather recylces from downstairs bathroom finish off laundry - after 7 pm.
    I totally need to do that to my dryer! Ok it is on the list this week. Incentive to move all the junk in front of the area to my car and to Sally Ann! Thanks for the push!
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

We just discussed what we are making for dinner. Veggie burgers with ceaser salad and oven fries. He will pick up one lonely tomato for the burgers on his way home. Needed something yummy and good and bad
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Mon, Mar 2nd, 2020 at 02:36 PM.
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I might have to look at my dryer, my only issue is moving our dryer is so hard. it is up on a wooden base since our floor is not level and Mom cannot really help move it due to her health issues (bad back, hips, knees). We already had to move it a couple month ago and it was so hard.
    Giseledta, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i got a insane amount out of my dryer.. more from the lint trap then the back.. equally i youtubed how to remove the front lint trap for my dryer. every dryer is a bit different
    Last edited by Giseledta; Mon, Mar 2nd, 2020 at 06:00 PM.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I posted a variety of small clothes for sale today. I just had a lady buy a bag full of twin girl’s old clothes for $30. We were both happy with that.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Stopped by No Frills on my way home from work. Took another look at the broom they have (shocked they only carry 1 broom), I do not like it, do not think it will work well on our flooring.

Well I was there I grabbed:
    2 x Cheddar $3.97
    2 x Mozzarella $3.97
    2 x Mushrooms $3.97 (Naturally Imperfect big pack)
    4 x Beef Roasts $2.97/lb

I got 3400 pts, I had 100/$1 on Mushrooms and 100/$1 on Fresh Beef.

Spent $50, I was aiming for $30, I was actually shocked they had any Roasts and they are the same as the ones that were on sale last time that we liked so much. I figure they will be nice as a treat meal. Might make one on Saturday as Mom is off at 5 so we will actually get to eat dinner together which is super rare these days.

I am someone who enjoys there alone time, single parent who worked retail I was used to being home alone as a teen but I must admit this whole being the closing queen and weekend warrior is getting a bit old. Literally all week she has to leave for work when I am done work so we will not see each other. We crossed paths today only because I came home early as they needed my office so I finished my day from home. I think I got used to her closing 1 night week and working every other weekend so we had time together.

Plus this is not helping my cleaning, I cleaned between our dinning room table and the wall tonight but all I can do is put everything on the table for her to hopefully sort through one day before work. This process goes a lot better when we are both home and I can be like okay what about this, okay what about that. What can I say I am feeling a little frustrated today.

I got almost everything done tonight I had planned, although originally I did not have a plan as much as I planned to spend 2 hours cleaning. But as I was working through it, I might have come up a little short on the 2 hours. Instead I picked 2 things to get done tonight which was to clean between the dinning room table and the wall and second was to do the dishes. Trying to figure out which approach works best for me, the time I want to clean or picking tasks. I am trying to get back on track with my cleaning but at the same time trying to find some me time. I got so much done in January which made me happy but I was completely worn out as I would work all day come home and clean from 4 pm to 9 pm barely sitting down aside from maybe half an hour for dinner. As I said I got a lot done but it was wearing me down. I need to find a happy medium which is not my forte, I am very much an all or nothing girl and I know it.

Alright off to watch some TV and relax a little before bed. Have a wonderful night everyone.
    Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I had an unexpected FB sale. Someone posted ISO and I had what she needed just taking up space. Easy 15.00. I am closing my TD chequing account this month. They have increased the minimum amount required to avoid the monthly fee. I will put that money my Simplii savings account that pays some amount of interest vs TD that pays zero. We never used the account, except for depositing change and I still have a secure LOC with them so I can deposit change there and then spend it that way. Not to mention we are so cashless now it’s takes a year to get 100.00 in change.
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning -returned my item to amazon ,wow I saved 18.00 from buying at indigo so be carefull ,when I talked to the rep she said "wow I am surprized at the difference in price" it was a toy for easter for the kids .

I got my clothing from the gap I am returning the 3 tops -I love the top I ordered but the sleeves are too long ,cara top is too small and Ashlyn is 3/4 sleeve which I know she wont like ,so only keeping one top for Sebastian .My daughter said to me the other day "gee mom you return a fair amount for yourself".It is hard with online shopping .I tell you I have better luck thrift shopping ,the clothing fits better.

May go the mall today to return we will see .
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! A clear day here. I brought a banana and cream of wheat for breakfast and the leftover mac and cheese for lunch (took the actual large pan it was cooked in but there is just a bit left but figured it would fit in microwave so why dirty another dish)

The kitchen was clean when I left this morning. I think I will clean out the fridge of leftovers and make chicken fried rice with leftover rice and chicken. DS can take for school lunch tomorrow. Dinner- I will figure something out with what we have on hand. No shopping!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Heads up Esso & Mobil Station users. Double PC PTS March 6-8th. I just saw this on the bottom of new Loblaws flyer. I was going to top up the gas tank to keep it at full but I will wait now till the 6th.
    Giseledta, Ciel and CheriLyn like this.

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information