User Tag List

Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree1843Likes

Thread: March 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I feel wiped. I need to get out for fresh air today for sure.
    I pulled BLSL chicken breasts, large peameal roast and a package of bacon from freezer. Will cook up today.
    I went to FB and bought romaine, asparagus and tomato, milk and taco kit and used $5 off coupon.
    I pulled gnocchi from cupboard and will make it for my Guinea pig lol.
    Im going to start laundry now too. I can't wait till 7pm or it wont get started at all.
    Giseledta, Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I went to Sobeys at 9am. Our Sobey’s was better stocked today. I was able to get almost everything on my list. I used $5.50 in coupons and earned some bonus AM. I also got $0.25 from CO51. Hash browns were on sale, so I picked up extra for us. We didn’t have any at home. I also bought a few treats for our family. Name brand graham crackers for our kids.

At Sobeys this morning an employee had to be reminded to keep his distance. I was a distance away while asking if they had a case of oranges in stock, but he walked closer to me, like people normally would.

A person behind me in line kept moving closer to me. I actually asked her to back up and told her that the marks (black tape) on the floor were to keep us apart. She looked surprised/oblivious.

Do you have any suggestions for shows or movies that are uplifting? So many programs are depressing in nature, which I don’t want to see right now.
    We have CTV go, CBC Gem, Netflix, and Disney+.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Mar 24th, 2020 at 01:17 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Hubby has to go out for my meds today(other meds for my hbp) but rexall has a drivethru for meds -so he doesnt want to go in to the store (he will wear gloves)

Made chocolate chip cookies last night -yumm lunch was pea soup -to bad I have a hubby who doesn't like soup wow .So he had peanut butter and banana.

Dusted the floors this morning but still lying down and resting with this shingles .
    I may attempt a walk ,even thou its a bit cold .

angela -my grandkids always love peppa pig,cara loves "little baby bum " as I use to sing along with her -gee I miss my grandkids soooo much .

Sebastian had Disney+ and when we were there 2 weeks ago we watched "dumbo"
    Last edited by coupon girl; Tue, Mar 24th, 2020 at 12:52 PM.
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just made a toasted BLT for lunch.
    Put the oven on to cook the roast and bacon and chicken.
    My sister is on her way here to return our dog. I told her they could have her next week for another week or so to keep my niece busy.
    Laundry is going well and im putting away as i go.
    DS will be cleaning his bedroom and tv/computer room today.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just talked to my daughter as she took Sebastian to a trail to ride his scouter for a hour .She said it is so hard working from home with a 3 and a half year old so she may have to change her routine around as she has 2 conference calls a day.
    This morning she woke up at 5.30 and started work then as Sebastian doesn't wake up til 8.00 a.m her hubby works from home but his work day ends at 5.,hers goes longer as has has to chat with people in another country .

I so feel for her .
    anyway gonna go for a walk now will make myself .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I helped DS start cleaning his room. He is putting hockey cards in protective sleeve in binder as "he never had time to do so before" he said. Lol lots of time now.
    We started by making his bed and then putting everything on dresser on the bed. Then i set up my portable table for him to empty his bookshelf on. Now he is sorting what to keep and donate and toss. So happy he is on board to get it done. Then washing the walls and floor.
    Tomorrow we will empy dresser drawers and the closet!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Today DH and I did the cleaning-he did the upstairs and I did the main floor. A little cooler today but I should also get out for a walk.
    Ciel, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

so.. how is this virus changing you ......

are you .. planning on changing you pantry to prepare for if ( when......) this happens again...
    are you planning on changing anything money wise...

putting in a few things tech wise ...

planning a garden... .

have you changed the plans you have made for the year...
    Last edited by Giseledta; Tue, Mar 24th, 2020 at 03:59 PM.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

pantry wise -nope I don't think I will change that(only 2 of us ) I noticed I have way too much cleaning supplies ,wish I had a bit more toilet paper thou(I only have 3 now where as when we had my mom living with us I would have a wall of it down the basement
    my ketchup just ran out and I have 2 more -don't need a lot of that as it expires in june (hubby doesn't care for it)

for dessert tonight I had applesauce so glad I had a jar of that ,so may tweek what I stock up on the food front

Money wise nope as hubby and I are both savers ,we just paid our visa off and it was half of the door I ordered before all of this

Tech wise I wish I had a tablet(only so I can see my grandkids ,as I do talk to them a bit on the phone now ) ,so after this we may look into getting one

I will still do tomato plants as usual ,cant wait to see what come up out front as my sister-in-law gave me a few plants last year

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Hubby went to get my pills and they only gave me a 30 day supply not my usual 90,so I called I pay 6.99 fee for them also as hubby's insurance plan covers the pills .

The girl on the phone said due to covid-19 the government is only allowing us to give a 30 day supply plus a lot of people take HBP pills ,okay I said what can I do .We will have to go get our pills every 30 days at least they have a drivethru window .

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

how is this virus changing you .....

Not as much as my migraines, headaches, period of anxiety/depression and almost losing my husband did. I learned from that time a) I am resilient and will get through this b) there are no guarantees which means money isn't as important as I thought it was, even if it helps!

are you .. planning on changing you pantry to prepare for if ( when......) this happens again...

No, buy what we need.

are you planning on changing anything money wise...

I would like to pay off the credit line. This has always been the goal. We pay it off then use it again. Our emergency savings lies in our investments, which isn't great, because now is not a time you want to cash out. So, I think I will make use of my online savings account more. There is always something to spend money on. It is about prioritizing and timing, but also having access to the funds. Right now I would say my "emergency funds" are 1) credit line 2) investments...my thinking is shifting to 1) savings 2) credit line 3) investments

have you changed the plans you have made for the year...

If I keep my job through this, no. If they lay off teachers, yes. DH was just starting an interview process for back to work, but that will be on hold until all of this is over.

I have been leaning on my faith a lot the past couple of years. I will continue to do that. Basically God, my family and Grey's Anatomy have been the constants in my life. lol
    Last edited by Granger; Tue, Mar 24th, 2020 at 05:37 PM.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

This was all a reminder of the big plan. Live simple.
    We have travel plans.....all on hold.
    Plans to purchase rental unit...on hold now.
    Food- I feel a little stressed when i couldn't get bread, milk etc. Better now that we have tons of bread and milk now. Using up stuff from the freezer. Shopping will stay the same.
    Moneywise- i haven't spent much other then on groceries ( i have been using pc pts mostly) it has really stopped the spending. Even for the kids. I told them not to spend right now on anything. Youngest is upgrading his camara ( he is into photography) he has been selling stuff to use that money to buy it and will sell his current camara but is waiting.
    The good thing of this is the focas on the house to get organized. I have needed to get going on this for a long time.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Tue, Mar 24th, 2020 at 05:27 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

added up my groceries this month only spent $343.00 down from $490 .I haven't shopped in 11 days ,may not get out til next week when the shingles is better -only 3 pills left -yipeeeeeee

Gas for car the month only spent $77.80 usually $120-$140

so see not spending is helping us save .

granger-I love grey's anatomy I haved watched it from day one ,I only wish it was on at 8.00 instead of 9.00 p.m as I cant have a pvr it and it is not on global on demand

Another great doctor show you may like is "new Amsterdam"and I can watch. that on global on demand if I miss the show .

I just talked to Ashlyn age 6 and told her I cant see anyone because of my spots on my head "I sent a picture to my son of my forehead and he showed her" plus the covid-19 is out there I told her .Ashlyn then replied "well papa is with you" ,yes but he is my husband .Oh I miss holding and hugging them -ahhh so sweet .
    Giseledta, Ciel, Granger and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama I love the Live Simple mantra!

@Angela273

Netflix - I loved the Greatest Showman and found it uplifting (I think there are some sad parts but the overall theme is positive and the music is awesome), I felt it was family friendly and my kids enjoyed, but they like movies, not just cartoons.

We enjoy Friends or The Office for adult laughs on Netflix.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

We made chicken ceaser wraps for dinner and they were awesome! Simple and good. Now i want something sweet!
    My sister delivered our dog back home. Both boys missed her. The house sure felt empty without her. She will be 10 this Fall...i hope she stays healthy.

I needed a just for laughs/no thinking screen time. Watching Life of the Party - movie with Melissa McCarthy. Its ok.

Going for a walk after the movie is done. Will hit the mailbox along the wag qnd see what junk is in there.

Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information