User Tag List

Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
Like Tree1843Likes

Thread: March 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I found where I can buy toilet paper at my pharmacy and asked him to save me some. I will go on Sunday to pick some up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ROMEO and Ciel like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

my dad will have chomage and 2000$ per month for the next 4 month because he qualifie that is quite a relief
    ROMEO, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Finally got a good night sleep last night, I have been struggling with sleep for about a week now. I think it is a combination of a few things, being out of my routine, not getting as much physical movement (not sure the rules on this since Mom was put into self isolation, they don't really explain this to you), just life happening. Last night I could not take it and went to bed at 8 pm, I still had issues falling asleep but I think I fell asleep around 9 pm, must have woken up at 5 turned my alarm off and went back to sleep because then I woke up at 7 am. I am feeling much better but now I have that over slept feeling which is causing me to feel like I lack ambition. I still have a bit of a cough but that could be allergies or I do feel my sinus are not happy, again could just be allergies.

Sorry, I need to rant a little. Do not get me wrong I am so happy Mom is starting to feel better as I was super worried about her, she got pneumonia a few years back and every since it seems like when she gets a cold it really affects her lungs. But she won't talk to the doctor about it and blows me off. So honestly I have been freaking out with her being sick. Not to mention for days she walked around saying how she had covid-19 and just making comments that were making my spin but she was not serve enough we could get her tested. So I am happy super happy she is feeling better, although now freaking out as she supposed to go back to work on the 8th.

But, with this being said, I am starting to go insane. She is off for 2 weeks, her work is closed. I am working from home and we are still open and running, we are considered essential. Now she is getting frustrated with me for not getting things done, yesterday I am trying to work away I feel like crap and she keeps asking me to stop working and do things. Or she is getting frustrated that my cell phone keeps ringing, she is like that is getting annoying, it is like yes but I am not off, we are still working, I still have to do my job. It is like she is off for 2 weeks, she is feeling better (which again so thankful for) but now she still wants me to tackle and do all these things around the house but forgets I still have to put in a full day so any of this I am doing on top of working and no I cannot just stop in the middle of the day to do something. Yes, I can take breaks but no, I cannot stop when I am literally in the middle of fixing a branch's till because they do balance or am in the middle of trying to figure out a production post is wrong and inventory is now off.

Sorry everyone, just a little frustrated because yes, I would love to get all this stuff done, but I am not off, we are still open.

Alright well back to work to see what I can get done before today's meeting.

Have a wonderful day everyone and hopefully no one is going stir crazy (I might be).
    ROMEO, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning-oh sassy hope your mom realizes you have work to do from home ,it has to be hard .

My dear daughter finds it so hard as Sebastian asked her to play with him yesterday ,so she feels she is at half capacity of doing her work .My daughter just got this job too 3 weeks ago ,yes she was out of work for awhile and went thru a fair amount of their savings,so I feel for her .She really needs to prove herself she told me last night as I chatted for 10 minutes with her .

My smallest granddaughter cara goes up to the t.v and looks at a news anchor and says "nana" .It just broke my heart as the news anchor is in her early 40's I am sure .So it shows cara is missing me ,the songs I use to sing to her as we walked around the blocks in my son`s neighbourhood etc

Well supper today is a lovely half of a ham (yes last week I cut one in half to make 2 meals out of it for hubby and i)a can of peas (as I am out of frozen) and maybe roasted potatoes .I do need to go to a regular grocery store soon as shoppers doesn't have the veggies ,greens or fruit I need (they had no potatoes or bananas yesterday ).I am just not sure when I want to go sat/sun or mon
    ROMEO, Ciel, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Thanks coupon girl, it is much harder to work from home when everyone else is home as well, whether it be other adults or kids in the house. Normally I only work from home on days where Mom is working so I have the house to myself.

Not sure about your area coupon girl but in ours most of the groceries stores are running on reduced hours. From what I am hearing it means weekends are insanely busy with people who cannot pop in before or after work due to reduced hours. Apparently even my trick of being there when they open is not working as a lot of people are trying to one get stock and two try to avoid the crowds.

I understand why but I do wish our one store was still 24 hours as then I could pop in at like 6 am (done this before) and be in and out before they got busy. I am already trying to plan our shop for once we are done self isolation as I know we will need to shop for at least fresh stuff.

So far the food situation is holding up well but I am reminding Mom we have to be careful as I am not sure what we will do for some items like chicken that I always buy from Costco. I am worried we are going to need to take a trip to Costco in a few weeks to get the stuff we buy there like chicken, probiotics, allergy pills & robax, I am sure there will be more to add by then. Not to mention even when we are out of self isolation it won't be shopping as normal so looking for meat concerns me as we ALWAYS buy it on sale which means I am now worried about our budget.

I am kind of torn, I do have money set aside and since all other shopping is not happening, do I just do what we need to do to get by and not be so worried about the budget. Or do I focus on the budget and try to make it work. All of this unease is making plan hard. I want to get what we need but I do not know that I am comfortable going back to our old shopping habits. I used to shop multiple stores but now I am thinking I should just stick to our one local store but that may not fair well on my budget. I am just not sure what to do.
    Ciel, coupon girl and lilo0003 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@sassy ashly .. since your mom is not working why dont you just make do with what you have. Didnt you say you have 3 freezers full?
    Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF.... i cant wait to get out of the house this weekend and go for a drive and hike. I am going stir crazy!!!
    No shopping for me the next while.
    ROMEO, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

That is my plan so far but since they are saying expect this to continue through the summer, I am trying to look long term as to how do I handle it. I think for the next few weeks I am good but I am trying to figure out once things start to low how will I handle that. Normally I would just start to look for x but now do I want to go to multiple stores to get what we need.

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    @sassyashly .. since your mom is not working why dont you just make do with what you have. Didnt you say you have 3 freezers full?
    Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good afternoon all. hubby has a meeting, or rather 2... so i a in the bedroom with my puppies... or they would want to join in on the meeting....
    lmao.

ok. youngest is cleaning her bedroom... so we have more lush products to join our master lush bin...
    we are currently working room by room to get things cleaner. ... side note.. i wonder how busy the donation places are going to be when this is all over with .lol.
    Last edited by Giseledta; Fri, Mar 27th, 2020 at 12:39 PM.
    ROMEO, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I am regretting not dropping off 2 bags before this all started that are now living in our hallway. Before this I think of us always though oh I will do that another day and now we cannot not.
    Giseledta, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sassy -yes the stores are reduced hours even thou sobeys has a designated time for seniors from 8.00 am to 9.00 a.m
    My dear daughter called this morning at 9.05 and said she was going to her longos as she started work a bit early ,I worry about her as she has no hand sanitizer and she is not wearing gloves ,using Lysol wipes Her store in Toronto was out of toilet paper ,crackers ,lipton soup and zucchini out of the list of items she wanted - our reality .She talked me into doing p.c express ,so I did this morning cant pick it up til next Thursday at 2.00 p.m and that is fine as I will use up the fruit we have now this week ,no fresh veggies right now but broccoli ,carrots ,zucchini is coming next week.

I spent $113 and yes maybe the prices may be a bit more lettuce was 2.99 ,carrots a bag was 1.99( an we are on a pension) so less income to go around but I really don't wish to be in stores when I just got over shingles and my immune system is not up to par right now ,so I listened to my daughter .Well at first she said to ask her brother who lives 14 minutes away from us to get groceries and I said no (I don't wish to bother him as he works all week and is already picking up stuff for his family)

So online grocery shopping is a first for me ,will see if I like it (under when I ordered pears I requested 2 be green and 2 yellow ) .

Gonna go do my laundry -gee I love doing it anytime in the day ,as I didn't get enough sleep last night
    Last edited by coupon girl; Fri, Mar 27th, 2020 at 01:05 PM.
    Ciel, lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i will need to .. make a area for donations... but hopefully i can get that done in the next week or so .
    Angela273, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Coupon girl, you are lucky, my siblings were trying to get my step mom to order groceries for delivery or pick up but when Bros gf checked the earliest pick up slot available was April 8th in our area for pick up and no slots were coming up for delivery.

Although I must admit, I hope they get this under control for pick up as I wouldn't mind ordering online for Mom to pick up after work but ordering almost 2 weeks out does not really seem like an option especially since I am hearing they are shorting almost all orders as they do not have stock. I could not imagine placing my order 2 weeks in advance to then only get half the groceries I ordered, it would kind of defeat the purpose.

**UPDATE** I just checked our local stores online, only one has time slots available all other store are currently showing no time slots available.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Fri, Mar 27th, 2020 at 01:35 PM.
    Ciel, coupon girl and lilo0003 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I guess I was luck in my suburbs as it is only filled up til next Friday til 1.00 p.m at fortinos

My neighbour I chatted with her in the driveway today (far away from her)she still is going to no frills on Monday but right at 8.00 a.m ,but she told me her anxiety level is high .I told her I will let her know how my online fortinos order will be like next Thursday.

I have had a headache today ,maybe lack of sleep last night ,a little stress thrown in there .Another neighbour chatted to my hubby and said it took 1/2 hour in home depot the other day .

Just had a lovely meal -ham potatoes and corn -leftover corn and potatoes and one small chunk of ham (not throwing a thing out ) can have for lunch one day .My hubby never grew up eating leftovers but hey I sure did.
    Ciel, lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well today we went and bought groceries for DD's elderly grandparents. We had to line up outside the store and go in 2 at a time as others came out but that is the way of the world right now. Made a chicken/veggie/pasta casserole and that is in the oven right now. I managed to get a credit from WJ for our flights for our Alaska cruise-still waiting for the cruiseline to officially cancel our cruise and give a refund. I think they are dragging their feet on purpose-not in a hurry to refund me for sure.
    ROMEO, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.

Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread Information