User Tag List

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1843Likes

Thread: March 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all. managed to get to the park for a bit. might rethink that for a bit.

the exersise bike came yesterday. we put it together lastnight i will start using it today. little steps

supper tonight - whole roast chicken, egg noodles with butter , and green yellow beans and carrots. should be nice
    ROMEO, Purdee, Angela273 and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Looks like the universe felt we were getting a little to comfortable and things have been shaken up again. To be honest I do not fully understand what is going on right now which shouldn't be a surprise. We always seem to end up in these odd situations is it good, is it bad, who knows but well things are off again.

Last night just before bed I was watching TV and started coughing. I thought I had finally fought off whatever I felt was coming on and start to feel better but then out of the blue last night the cough came. I had trouble sleeping as every time I would just start to drift off I would cough and wake myself up. So I am not feeling the best and am extremely tired today.

Mom is back to not being in a good place, like I said I do not fully understand what is going on and I am trying to be supportive but honestly right now it feels like everything I say is the wrong thing to say.

There just seems to be a very weird mood/vibe in our house right now. I am feeling a bit defeated as I just started to feel like myself again, it is funny even at work yesterday people were commenting I was back to being my bubbly perky self. Now not so much, I now feel like thing are about to spiral out of control again and there is nothing I can do to stop it.

Oh well not much I can do, so back to work. Just hoping to make it through the whole day as right now I just really want to go to bed.

Have a great day everyone.
    Ciel likes this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning Everyone,
    Looks like the universe felt we were getting a little to comfortable and things have been shaken up again. To be honest I do not fully understand what is going on right now which shouldn't be a surprise. We always seem to end up in these odd situations is it good, is it bad, who knows but well things are off again.

Last night just before bed I was watching TV and started coughing. I thought I had finally fought off whatever I felt was coming on and start to feel better but then out of the blue last night the cough came. I had trouble sleeping as every time I would just start to drift off I would cough and wake myself up. So I am not feeling the best and am extremely tired today.

Mom is back to not being in a good place, like I said I do not fully understand what is going on and I am trying to be supportive but honestly right now it feels like everything I say is the wrong thing to say.

There just seems to be a very weird mood/vibe in our house right now. I am feeling a bit defeated as I just started to feel like myself again, it is funny even at work yesterday people were commenting I was back to being my bubbly perky self. Now not so much, I now feel like thing are about to spiral out of control again and there is nothing I can do to stop it.

Oh well not much I can do, so back to work. Just hoping to make it through the whole day as right now I just really want to go to bed.

Have a great day everyone.
    Does your mom deal with depression? I have a few people in my life that do and now that I know that I take that into consideration on how I deal with them. If she doesn't maybe she needs a check up as she has had a rough time the past few years so it could be a possibility.
    JadeAngel, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I wanted to get out of the office after I ate my lunch so checked out the Re-store in town. Usually it is empty. Today it was full of stuff and people. But wow is it expensive. I doubt anyone buys the dishes etc when the Sally Ann around the corner sells same stuff for 90% less!
    SassyAshley likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I am realizing with my Mom any major issue conversation had with her while she watches tv, even if it is commercial time, either does not go well or she gets mad or promises to do something and she does not get to it. I reminded her last night about getting around to closing one bank account (the one that charges her fees despite only one rebate last year in Oct) and she said she was going to do it and then pffft (I raised the matter during early Feb, around Family Day wknd then dropped it). Another issue is her use of various pots and pans to help sibling cook a few steaks or chicken breasts, then afterwards most of the time the dishes sit while she has another round of tv (one morning show and one pm show). No wonder we have so many arguments and sibling is just not realizing Mom is struggling sometimes as she is usually waiting for last minute activity to do something or not attuned when not to get in someone's way.

Today I'm queen of the blahs-have a cold travelling up and down my nose. Waited to late morning to head out to Burlington and the light drizzle became rain. Oh yay...I needed to get my two book holds. Happy thing-the 1-Plains bus travels across Fairview-no more dips into Burlington GO. Not so good thing-the bus driver got off for the new driver and the first one promptly slipped on the muddy grass between the bus and temporary bus stop sign. Burlington Mall-saw that Timothy's offered banana hot chocolate but avoided its siren song. Homesense is relocated to old Winners spot by the Bay-very long lane to walk down to wait for one of 10 cash desks though. Scored an $8.99 box of Raspberry flavoured Emergen C powders! Had to buy $1.99 bottle of Dasani water (no 99 cent Life Brand bottles in stock, my luck....) but was glad to have something to pour one packet of powder into. I needed the beverage after I said yes to a medium size bag of Kernels popcorn and ate almost all of it (about 1/2 cup of corn left then I could not go on).

Have my books and must go soon for the bus. If the snow hits Burlington before I get out of here, all the buses will be impacted (and bonus points if the lift bridge has to let any ship traffic through).

Keep cozy!
    @Angela273 -your Feb other money total beat my 2019 total Other Money total! Aces-that's great!
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 1 others like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I went to sobeys first today as one offer I had the other day was 20% and it didn't ring up .70 back to me

Then to pluto to see if they wanted some of my son's sweaters ,daughter's tops -nope but I bought a taylor swift cologne for $12.00 maybe used once or twice online this perfume is 70.00 at amazon.

Then to limeridge mall I returned my gap order $50.30 as I just didn't like the top for me or the kids clothing (one was a small make ore would have kept it)

Then bought a reduced crème short sleeve top with ruffles for cara for next year $8.37

Then on to style encore ,nothing there for me and their purses are so expensive ( I don't care if they were coach way too much for gently used ) Then stopped at shoppers to get my 20% for my milk and small eggs for the kids on easter to hide .Then home.
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I have honestly thought this. She get into her I hate my life moods and I know when those happen it is best to just stay out of her way and not a whole lot is going to get done. What makes me lean towards possible depression is one her mood but two when she gets into this mood she will at times stay up most of the night but then will stay in bed pretty much all day. She just decides she doesn't want to do anything so it a huge possibility but I did once suggest she goes to the doc but that did not go over well.

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Does your mom deal with depression? I have a few people in my life that do and now that I know that I take that into consideration on how I deal with them. If she doesn't maybe she needs a check up as she has had a rough time the past few years so it could be a possibility.
    JadeAngel and Ciel like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Made it into East Hamilton/near Eastgate Square. Missed 4pm bus so did a little downtown walk and waited for next bus that came around 4:15. Glad I had reading material and something to drink (I am drying out from all that salt on the popcorn).

Just need to print off the Shoppers coupon, then head for my last bus home. I assume I'll make it to my local store after supper to get a few items with the coupon.

Very pleased with my leather-like shoes-they are keeping me mostly dry and I can walk into puddles!
    barbis9 and coupon girl like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Hump day! A mild day here. A light dusting of snow was on the ground this morning.

Tonight I need to get on the house chores! Laundry and decluttering! Dinner is fend for yourself/leftovers. I am not spending anytime in the kitchen tonight.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
    Ciel, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Hubby and I are going to Art gallery today close to our city -it is free ,artist are doing exhibits on unused scraps or other material such as styrfoam .Then maybe out for a coffee or tea .

I seen it on local t.v and why not enjoy the day ,its sunny here .
    barbis9, Ciel, SassyAshley and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Hubby and I are going to Art gallery today close to our city -it is free ,artist are doing exhibits on unused scraps or other material such as styrfoam .Then maybe out for a coffee or tea .

I seen it on local t.v and why not enjoy the day ,its sunny here .
    Enjoy!!
    Ciel, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

frugalbig mama -thanks . I may talk hubby into going to a treasure chest store after ,to see if I can find any deals .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Wow! Good sales on fresh stuff in the upcoming Food Basics flyer. Can't wait to meal plan.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

afternoon all.

good day so far. hoping to hear back from middle child at some point.
    planningout the grocery shopping this weekend.
    barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I had a busy day yesterday. I taught in town, kids had gymnastics, and I went grocery shopping.

$128.81oop, earned 110AM, redeemed 1 rain check, used $35.49 in coupons, saved $16.45 from 10% discount. Then when I was checking over my receipt I found a SCOP for a 4L jug of HOMO milk, which was $5.70 back in my pocket. I also remembered to get 2 rain checks for things the store was out of.

I also got a great deal on meat.
    8x $2.99 Schneiders garlic sausage, exp March 4

edit: I cooked some of the sausage to go with supper tonight. It was a hit and all of the sausage was eaten, no leftovers.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Mar 4th, 2020 at 07:54 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information