User Tag List

Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree1843Likes

Thread: March 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Sk has closed our schools indefinitely. Still waiting to see exactly what that will look like. Potentially our schools might not re-open until September and the kids will basically be passed to the next grade, based on their current marks. Report cards were scheduled for this Friday and student led conferences were scheduled for next week. I don’t really know what ds has covered at school and what he will be missing if his school doesn’t re-open before the fall. I’m formulating a plan for our children. Educational, fun, workbooks, flash cards, educational apps, Educational websites, educational shows, science experiments, baking, etc. I might have 5.5 months before ds returns to school and our twins start Kindergarten.

I am still going in to teach for tomorrow. The schools are still open to students until the end of the day Thursday, but this is mostly to allow people time to figure out childcare arrangements. Since I’m a substitute teacher, my teaching income will be gone...we don’t know what this is going to look like.... We are waiting to see what the financial assistances promised will turn into.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Hang in there, Angela273. I'm a writer and editor, who had a steady and well-paid gig...up until yesterday. The company is reorganizing and I'm one of the many people who have been organized out of a job. Damned shame because everyone liked each other and worked well together. But life happens. Hang in there.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning was gonna pop out and get some meat ,as you all know I had a bad cold last week ,I will not go out today thou as my legs are killing me .

Maybe going up and down my daughter's basement and upstairs stairs playing with Sebastian ,plus the 2 walks we had with him yesterday .A little out of shape I am I guess.

So glad to hear about shopper offering 20% to seniors the first hour .As I am 60 and am in that group ,plus I have high bold pressure so I am not going out and about .I am mostly staying in ,hubby will not be going out for his mcdonalds coffee anymore .

Indigo is offering free shipping til march 30 -I think so I may order a book as my beloved library is closed .Keep chatting everyone its really nice to hear from all of you .

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Sample source is live

I got 13 samples.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by greentires4me; Tue, Mar 17th, 2020 at 09:17 AM.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I also got 13! Pleased
    Giseledta, Angela273 and lilo0003 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning all.

I read today that our area health board is asking Restaurants and Bars to close or at least close the dining rooms and make it take out only. For safety sake it is best not to eat out at all I personally think.

We are staying close to home and avoiding gatherings. My bestie is sick and I am staying away.

Tonight there is some concert live streaming for ST Patty's day. My guy wants us to have our own little party with the kids

Have a frugal and safe day everyone!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

got sample source thank you .

i just informed all my daycare parents.... today is my last day till april 3. i shut down. i am in tears. i had hoped it would not come to this. This is gonna suck . big time.

For those who are .. unaware.. home childcare providers... are not eligible for EI. ect. This is gonna suck .. big time.
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I ordered 14 samples from Sample Source.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post

i just informed all my daycare parents.... today is my last day till april 3. i shut down. i am in tears. i had hoped it would not come to this. This is gonna suck . big time.

For those who are .. unaware.. home childcare providers... are not eligible for EI. ect. This is gonna suck .. big time.
    You will get through this! I know you will be more creative and find ways to keep a float.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I got 12 sample source yeah .

I just called my daughter-in-law to see how she is doing well everyday when cara sleeps ,Ashlyn is doing math ,reading for 2 hours on and off .My daughter-in-law made playdoh for them ,they are dressed in green for pattys day .Ashlyn asked awhile back if she could sleep over on march break -I said yes .I told my daughter-in-law we would take her no where just play at our house ( I have colouring books ,paints ,crayons ,markers ,playdoh set and books plus a bin of cars a few other toys .

Plus cara is peeing in a potty ,my daughter-inlaw is using this time to toilet train her for 3 weeks (she is 2 years & almost 5 months old) Plus everynight my son and his wife take the girls for a walk for fresh air .

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    You will get through this! I know you will be more creative and find ways to keep a float.

thank you . i am a tad numb right now. but i got this. just looking at digging deep and doing it.
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post

@Giseledta I know it will hurt you big time. You are a Smartcanucks so I am sure you will find ways to get you through this. . Just hoping that this virus can get under control. My sister in Law also do day care and she closed down since the schools did. (((Hugs)))

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    @Giseledta I know it will hurt you big time. You are a Smartcanucks so I am sure you will find ways to get you through this. . Just hoping that this virus can get under control. My sister in Law also do day care and she closed down since the schools did. (((Hugs)))
    thank you .

we certainly live in interesting times.
    ROMEO, lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.
    or Swagbucks

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

giselta -thinking of you ,yes we do live in interesting times .

Supper will be kraft dinner for hubby(even that stuff was cleared off the shelves on sat night ) I don't care for it I may have a lean cusine meal .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    giselta -thinking of you ,yes we do live in interesting times .

Supper will be kraft dinner for hubby(even that stuff was cleared off the shelves on sat night ) I don't care for it I may have a lean cusine meal .
    I stopped buying KD for a long time. Decided to grab a few boxes for DS since he is home for the 3 weeks and I could only pick up a few No Name boxes lol. Will see if he is desperate and likes it or not.

Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information