User Tag List

Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree1843Likes

Thread: March 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sassy -my daughter brought her monitor home as did her hubby on Monday ,she will take the desk( a friend gave her when they moved in in august) up in their bedroom and he will use the kitchen island .Then you throw in 3 year old Sebastian ,so my daughter said she will work in morning ,break for lunch or a walk outside then her hubby will work in afternoon ,Then maybe in the evening if they don't get stuff done.

She called me at 10.30 but I was at seeing the girls .O and cara showed us how she poo-pooed in the potty ,only 5th day of toilet training ,she is on her way .She peed when we had her outside but there will be accidents ,but she sure has the hang of it.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Giseledta, yes backgrounds are important. Actually since most of us are working from home we have put in a voice conference no video rule right now. I am sure some days will be video chat but so far it is just phone conference. For me video meetings will now mean not wearing my sweats and getting dressed in work clothes LOL.

What can I say it is an ever changing time, but still it was weird to pretty much be kicked out of the office today and even know I was asked about moving a project forward and I cannot as I cannot go and meet with the staff. It is like any other time my answer would be sure, no problem I will come in next week go over the needs and fix it. Now it is like um well I am not allowed to travel between locations and oh yeah I am not any office at all. My new work space is my dinning and living room.

Well I guess it is something new to adjust to although I may finally time to watch all of the movie on my to watch list on Netflix.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

@giseldta

I hope there is a break for you somehow. I 100% believe in do unto others.

Today was good with our new schedule. I was able to fill my prescription and get some toilet paper at Rona (I heard a rumour on a local FB group that they had some). I was a quick in and out and picked up a couple other needs at the pharmacy. Family came too, but stayed in the car to practice social distancing. It was nice to get out and go for a drive. It was a lot busier out than I expected.

I built forts with the kids and now we are winding down for the evening.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

cleaning is finish for the inspection tomorrow afternoon...but I do know I still have more to do it will never end.....
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    cleaning is finish for the inspection tomorrow afternoon...but I do know I still have more to do it will never end.....
    Wishing you all the success tomorrow!!!
    Giseledta and cath007 like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

For those looking to emergency government payments. Here is some information.

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5501977?__t...mpression=true
    Giseledta, Angela273 and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good and fun info!!
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Wed, Mar 18th, 2020 at 09:44 PM.
    Giseledta and Thatdone like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I ordered some chinese food from the local restaurant I like. I got two combos it’s costing me 29$ is what I am giving them.

My doctor is calling me tomorrow I’m not going in to see him. I arranged it with reception today. Because I have Little cough and sneezing. I thought it would be allergies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta and CheriLyn like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Last day shopping for me was on the weekend. I looked into FreshCo on Mon AM for canned goods and left with nothing. Right now have no plans to shop again until middle of next week as we are sorted for now. In Toronto it seems the hoarding is slowing down and the grocery stores are keeping more on the shelves, which is great news! Also on the good news front, China had no new cases in the past day, so things are getting better there and they will get better here!

Stay safe all

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

These are stressful times for all! If you are not self-isolating, then turn to a family member and give them a hug.

Giseledta and CheriLyn like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Mom did not find me funny when I shut down everything in the dinning room and walked into the living room and announced I was home.

Mom is really annoyed that her work is not doing anything regarding covid-19, they are standing behind business as normal, although her hours got cut again for today, she has lost another 2 1/2 hours. Well with that said she did get an email that Head Office Staff, District, Regional and other managers will all be working from home and not visiting stores so she feels upper management is protected but those working in stores are just out there. I get it, we had the same issue.

I do not know if I mentioned it but as of yesterday we have locked our offices, we are still open but we are not allowing customers into the building. When you walk up there is a phone outside the branch with a note telling them to dial an extension which puts them through to the staff who take the order over the phone. We are limiting payment options as our staff have said their main concern was debit terminals. Yesterday as the first day we did this and it did make our retail staff more comfortable.

Now they are looking at how close some of our staff work, we have one department where 3 people sit in a 10 x 20 office next to each other so we are looking at options to give them more space. So, I may have to run to the office today to move workstations around but I have asked them to make sure this will not cause issues with staff since just yesterday it was pointed out I should be working from home. I feel like we are walking a fine tightrope and I am not sure of the rules. I never thought people would complain about you being in the office, I have always been afraid of the opposite people complaining I wasn't in the office and was abusing working from home. It is weird times people is all I can say, all rules have gone out the window and someone who lives by policy and procedure I feel very uneasy right now.

Alright well time to get back to work. Have a great day everyone
    Giseledta, coupon girl and GoodBoy like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Sunny crisp day here today. Expecting rain later. I am getting the itch to start cleaning out the garage. But I need a dump run (replaced love seat from basement with like new one my friend was getting rid of-she was making her basement a workspace so wasn't needed) and pretty sure I read that the dump is now closed so I should wait.

I hope to get to Rona today and have a can of paint tinted (already purchased) The bedroom will get painted!! I've been trying for 2 years ugh. Will be easy now that it is super clean. I think I will start it Saturday.

Hope everyone is doing well. Stay strong my Smartcanuckers!
    Giseledta likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

just got a call from coop landlor said that the inspection is reported...I dont know why...maybe because covid 19....hum not sure it is a good new or not...
    Giseledta likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good Morning/Afternoon Everyone,
    Past by a few supermarkets and Walmart on the way to work and there were still a lot of cars in the parking lots. Some even more than usual...

The higher-ups at work just announced today that hours will be cut and we'll be working alternating days in increase social distancing. Good news is they also decided that our usual pay will not be cut even though the hours are. Also, our office are now locked and only working staff are allowed in during the hours. No clients. No passer-bys. Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Mom is really annoyed that her work is not doing anything regarding covid-19, they are standing behind business as normal, although her hours got cut again for today, she has lost another 2 1/2 hours. Well with that said she did get an email that Head Office Staff, District, Regional and other managers will all be working from home and not visiting stores so she feels upper management is protected but those working in stores are just out there. I get it, we had the same issue.
    I read in the news this morning that Starbucks employees and employees at other fast food chains were in this same situation. All higher-ups and corporate offices were already working from home and employees still had to interact with customers through the drive-thru.
    Last edited by CheriLyn; Thu, Mar 19th, 2020 at 11:49 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I waited in the parking lot at NF. It was weird...I was not the only person waiting in a vehicle to go grocery shopping when the store opened. My shopping trip went well. Lots of empty areas in the store, but only 2 of those items were on my list. I was quite happy to get bananas, etc. Good trip, but made me anxious. The clerk told me that 10Am is the busiest time of the day right now. He agreed that coming before Dh heads to work is less busy vs after work when everyone else goes shopping. That grocery shopping trip was kind of expensive. I stocked up on my pecans again. I was down to my last handful. They’re healthy, but expensive. Figure I could definitely use the extra Omegas right now. Used my typical points offer on it along with my points credit card.
    CO51 $0.50
    5,400 points earned
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information