User Tag List

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast
Like Tree1843Likes

Thread: March 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning @ coupon girl. Im awake early too. Raining here so i guess DS doesnt have to rake today.
    Watch Tiger King on Netflix if you are up for crazyness. It was pretty interesting and bizarre!
    I just went down to kitchen and loaded the last few cups in dishwasher and started it. Will be able to empty it later when i finally get rolling.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Mon, Mar 30th, 2020 at 10:01 AM.
    Giseledta, Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all.
    Lots of rain here so no walks for me today unless it stop. Have to go out everyday to walk to keep me healthy and it good for my mental health..

My kitchen is cleaned. Since I am up I decided to do some baking. Still have laundry to do. . I have been shopping less . I wan some flour but decided I would not chase it at No frills since the last 2 times I tried to get some on sale it was a failure. We are making do with what ever is in the house . Still have some apples, peaches and grapes from my last shop also good with milk and yogurt and eggs. So I will stay in for another week.

I usually like to go out and get the new coupons but didn’t even do so thus time around so don’t know what’s out there. Have a few coupons for the oxi clean not sure stores are even taking coupons since it will hold up the line . Guess we can’t be as frugal as we would like .

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yes lets hope the rain clears up-if not I am walking with an umbrella ,as I need it for my mental state and well being

Son called this morning I chatted with the girls Ashlyn didn't want to talk much as she was playing ,but cara and I sang itsy bitsy spider (she is 2) then I cried "my son said mommmm" I know it hard for you.I asked him about his work and he said 2 guys got upset as one got to close to the other guy ,he said he really is sticking to keeping his distance .Oh and they got their groceries from fortinos pick up and were so happy yesterday .I cant wait til Thursday .

I am down to my last 2 pears (my favourite fruit)4 apples -I will leave those for hubby ,in retrospect I wish I had ordered more items .Not too pleased with my stockpile as I have more cleaners and paper products than food ,so lesson learned .Even the peanut butter I wasn't stockpiling only waiting til one jar got down to half then buying on sale -as I don't eat peanut butter much . I am so glad I bought 4 large boxes of cherrios back on blue Friday much 3.99 they were an so glad I have 2 large purex I paid 4.99 from freshco about a month ago.

I am sure not worrying about prices now in this pandemic ,have my health to keep up.So walking and going on m y indoor bike it is .
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I went to Sobeys this morning because we were completely out of milk. I had 4 items on my list, but 1 was out of stock.

$283.39 March total savings

Coupons Redeemed $70.47
    10% off Tuesday at Sobeys $16.45
    Amazon.ca - earned through Swagbucks $65
    Amazon.ca earned by Dh through Swagbucks $10
    PCO - No Frills $10
    Air Miles $30
    Ebates $22.38
    Husky Rewards $10
    Energy Outlet Discounts/Coupons $15
    Gift Cards
    $20gc Cheerios promo
    $3gc Amazon.ca from Pampers
    SCOP $11.09
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Mar 29th, 2020 at 01:55 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

We went for a 35 minute walk today hubby and I ,when people approached we would walk on the road -in the suburbs and a few thanked us .lol

Just had crackers cheese and a milkshake .Oh and I made brownies just now put in a tiny bit less sugar and they turned out wonderfull .
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Coupon Girl, we did some baking yesterday and all of the recipes we made we cut back on the sugar and honestly we did not notice. These were all what I call our go to recipes which we make often and Mom did not know I cut back the sugar and she would be the first to say something. Some recipes I cut our a 1/4 cup.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Hubby loved the brownies ,I used pharchment paper and the edges didn't burn ,they ere perfect .

I found my daughter,s ipod ,she left for us from years ago in a junk drawer ,so was listening and signing to music this afternoon .
    So windy here right now ,glad hubby and I walked in the morning.

Supper pasta for hubby and I had a lean cuisine fetticini,now for a tea with a brownie

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Woo, March is definitely a lion with all the afternoon wind action after 2pm. Lots of rain (3 downpours) this morning. Biggest fluffy clouds I've seen as well-must be some ride and can you imagine if someone were able to get a drone up in the clouds and film the scene below it?

Drafts are obvious downstairs so I've used a throw, a sweater and a shawl at different times to help stem the "chilling in my chair" feeling. Eating snacks too often and body is saying hot food now. Tea will be part of tonight's winddown routine.

No success on finding a deal on USB hub last night but today I found a deal online under $20-have to get sibling to move on it so I can know it's coming this week. Simply don't feel like going to stores for three days. Need to get Mom motivated to do something-she's doing a couple of things here and there but I can tell she's climbing some walls due to boredom (and no offspring willing to load dramas on YouTube because she always needs help with them and we don't want to sit through the dramas).

Plan is to stretch out my frozen burgers and ground beef into mid-April. I'll have to be mindful of groceries with remaining money after the hub and a couple of other expenses are covered. Since I had been craving burgers of late, I had two burgers one day after I bought them. I actually recycled my McDonald's coupons afterwards. Lots of lentils and rice and pasta (need more than one bag but will make do with what's in the house for now) will be in my meals (as well as one batch of stuffed pepper soup).

Have noticed a few stores are keen to get online orders with free shipping offers (and no minimum amounts either). Off to update that deal thread!
    Giseledta and coupon girl like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I picked up isopropyl alcohol and two things of toilet paper from my pharmacy. They didn’t have much left but 24rolls is better then nothing. I’m tired. Going to try for a nap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Blah grey morning in Ancaster! Managed to hike to bank last night to put in cash and then attempted to find wi-fi to try to place order. Slow connection and no success. Sibling was not willing to place order at Staples for me (****) after I waited a few hours for him to be "available."
    So back at home, the wi-fi was still on and I managed to buy the ethernet adapter. Checked this morning that my bank account has a lower balance and it does *so my card is unlocked now* and much rejoicing is being experienced.

Pantry surprise is the order of next two days for meals and snacks. Most of the good stuff has been enjoyed and I have some apples likely to become compote as whenever I made a fruit crumble, I'm the only one eating it.

I'm still getting the Sorry Page message when I try to search Best Buy Canada's site.

Hudson Bay update regarding store closures-current update indicates closures continuing and associates are being paid up to April 4. So if you want to get the Senior's Day discount *bonus day* tomorrow, you'll have to do it online.

New Hamilton trash tags are in effect for second or more garbage bags/containers. Make sure to toss the expired blue tags out!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@greentires4me Lucky you finding the isopropyl alcohol. Brother has a couple of 99% alcohol bottles so he put one into the bathroom cabinet recently. Guess I'm the only one using the mini alcohol pads purchased earlier in March! Have not seen a 70% bottle on store shelves all month.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Another damp dull day here as well.

The house is quiet Even the dog is still sleeping. I guess I will put the load of whites in the washer that I have ready to go to the laundry room. May as well get it done and put away.

Have a good day everyone!
    Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all. i am trying to get better sleep .. ok.. that mostly involves me laying in bed with my little ( 70 ish lb ...) dog on me.. i she has taken to laying her legs on my leg at night... its helping...
    i need to sleep better.

my plan for the day.... i am going to play here for a bit.. then ... get dressed ..ish... and spend 20 on the kitchen. then head to the basement... aka... dump zone. goal is 3 hours..

youngest is going to Oakville.. taking middle shopping.. she will stay in the car. i am sending my credit card. and they will use points as well. thier pt job stopped.. so cash flow is certainly a issue. youngest may bring back a few things from middles place.
    oldest is at work
    and hubby is in the family room.. at his desk. i can hear hi chatting away...lol.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

giseledta-i hear you I went to bed at 10.00 p.m and woke up at 2.30 watched a bit of t.v and tried to get back to sleep maybe got an hour so I may lie down now ,just put a load in washer.

Talked to my daughter last night she is now doing delivery groceries from Loblaws ,as she doesn't want to take the hour out of her work from home plus she has no hand sanitizer -I am glad

My dear girlfriend I talked to her last night -she is an excellent bread maker (no machines either)and makes lovely desserts and meals made some breads and took it to her grown kids homes and dropped it off in a box on there front steps ,she hasn't seen her kids or 3 grandkids since first week in march ,she looked thru the door at her 2 year old and 6 year old grandkids ,then cried all the way home.

Its nice to know,plus she told me be safe friend love you as I have had many health challenges the past year -true

I would love to experiment making bread or rolls ,but not at this time as I only have a small bag of flour left ,running low on sugar also .But making do as I don't want to go out -groceries I will pick up on Thursday this week at fortinos express pickup

Supper tonight 1 chicken breast for hubby and a chicken brie/apple one for me with mashed potatoes and carrots steamed
    Last edited by coupon girl; Mon, Mar 30th, 2020 at 03:23 PM.
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late afternoon everyone!!!! Yes it is so chilly outside.Dull day here too.Posted a few pictures of when I was a children with my belated brother and that make me happy but so sad at the same time...But sure I am glad to have pictures of me children and lived those moments,it is not everybody who had this chance...

I feel I have no friend lately to chat on fb so i closed my account...that is sad

supper is hamburger
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast

Thread Information