User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: What book reader is better, Kindle or Kobo....

couponchick
    Trading Score
    172 (97%)

Hello everyone
    I had a sony for the last two years but it keeps failing on me. I really loved it but ready for a new book reader and hopefully if i ask in time will get one for MOthers day..

In your opinion what is best, Kindle or Kobo. I dont really need wireless/3G as i have access to a computer regularily and probably at the trailer wouldnt even get a connection anyways as can barely get a phone signal.

Thanks everyone!
    This thread is currently associated with: Amazon.ca & Amazon.com, Sony Style

Trading Score
    246 (100%)

I received my kobo vox for christmas and i LOVE it!!!!!!! I am typing on it now it is so much easier to read on than my old sony too

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Canadian libraries only use Kobo downloads, if that factors into your choice.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Love love my kobo so great
    GoJays likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I got a Kobo Touch last November......and I love it. BUT......I find that when they provide mandatory updates (sometimes to fix glitches)....that while they fix the old glitch there is almost always a few new ones. I actually just contacted them today because after my most recent update I'm having problems with the internet and wifi on mine....and it worked perfectly before the upgrade. I don't have any experience with the Kindle but I would definitely suggest doing your research online first......although that can be overwhelming as there's so much information out there. You'll also find if you look around that Kobo seems to have a horrendous customer service track record. I guess I'll find out about that when/if they get back to me about my current problem!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

We have a Kobo and download library books...we even downloaded from our local library from Florida...love it!
    GoJays likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    180 (100%)

I have a kobo touch. I love it. For ebooks, it's great. For pdf, it stinks. Otherwise, I love it.
    GoJays likes this.
    Raisin cookies that look like chocolate chip cookies are one of the main reasons I have trust issues.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for sharing.

couponchick
    Trading Score
    172 (97%)

thanks for sharing.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I got a Kindle for Christmas and I really enjoy it. Hopefully the Canadian libraries will eventually be able to offer books for Kindle. Mine has wifi, but I don't need it, I download books to my laptop. I purchased a plug-in charger with my Swagbucks Amazon GCs because I found it a PITA to have to plug into my laptop to charge.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Kindle!

I've got the KOBO app on my Playbook and don't like the selection of books and just the use of it. I really wanted to like it because of the fact that I'd be buying Canadian.

I'd used the KINDLE app on a previous tablet. Easy to use, loads of freebooks.

So, to cut a long story short, I purchased a Kindle (didn't want the Playbook at work). Their customer service is amazing. Had an issue, to on line and had a new KINDLE within the week UPS'd to me. Great service.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I will admit I have not tried other e readers. But the Kindle screen is very easy to read, there's no glare, no problem with reading in bright light. You can't read in the dark, you need some light for that, but probably bad for your eyes to read in the dark anyhow!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by iceblueraven View Post
    I have a kobo touch. I love it. For ebooks, it's great. For pdf, it stinks. Otherwise, I love it.
    I also have a kobo touch. I agree about the pdf's, you can't change the font size, you can only zoom in and then scroll the page around, which isn't functional and it kind of looks distorted. There is a large collection of epub files here: http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/67484..._Ebooks_-_Epub)
    MrsMer likes this.

couponchick
    Trading Score
    172 (97%)

which Kindle do you have or recommend, basic, touch etc?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I bought the basic one. Have a desktop, laptop and playbook. I like my gadgets separate!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information