User Tag List

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree773Likes

Thread: Covid-19

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

CAA has car tips for keeping your vehicle in good service if you are driving less of late:
    https://www.caasco.com/blog/Automoti...olation-period
    Shirnette likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

407 ETR is helping the United Way with donations but the entity has also made some operational changes due to the pandemic:
    407 ETR has taken measures to ensure the safety of drivers by continuing to assist drivers when in need of assistance on the highway. Customer service phone lines have reopened with employees working from home, providing the customer service drivers have become accustomed to. To help mitigate the economic impact of the pandemic on customers, the company has announced measures since the start of COVID-19, including:• Temporary suspension of interest on unpaid balances and collections activities

• Temporary suspension of the issuance of plate denial notices
    • Seasonal toll rates announced on December 31, 2019, that were to take effect on May 1, which would have seen per kilometre rates increase, have been suspended. Per kilometre rates remain unchanged.
    • Suspension of the monthly/annual transponder lease payment for the month of May
    • Financial Hardship program has been expanded to assist customers experiencing financial difficulties as a result of COVID-19
    • Customers will retain their status in the 407 ETR Rewards Program

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Hydro One has temporarily suspended late payment fees until May 7 for all customers. That date is fast approaching.
    https://www.hydroone.com/savingmoney...gn=relief_fund
    Shirnette likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

People never cease to amaze me

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Two McDonald's employees in Oklahoma City were shot and wounded by a customer who was angry that the restaurant's dining area was closed because of the coronavirus pandemic, police said. A female suspect was in custody after the Wednesday night shooting, but police have not yet released her name or what charges she may face. The woman entered the lobby of a McDonald's in Oklahoma City and was told the dining room was closed for safety reasons, police said. The woman "became agitated and fired two to three rounds at employees," Oklahoma City Police Capt. Ronnie Beck said.
    Ciel and torontogal12 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Thatdone View Post
    People never cease to amaze me

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Two McDonald's employees in Oklahoma City were shot and wounded by a customer who was angry that the restaurant's dining area was closed because of the coronavirus pandemic, police said. A female suspect was in custody after the Wednesday night shooting, but police have not yet released her name or what charges she may face. The woman entered the lobby of a McDonald's in Oklahoma City and was told the dining room was closed for safety reasons, police said. The woman "became agitated and fired two to three rounds at employees," Oklahoma City Police Capt. Ronnie Beck said.
    The states that allow residents to openly or covertly carry guns ought to allow fast-food service employers to arm their staff with same weapons in case the above scenario occurs (angry customer with gun or robber with gun).
    Thatdone likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Does anyone know when Students that are in university and College can apply for the $1250 that was Announce kin late April for May -August TIA
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    171 (99%)

Last edited by Paapu; Fri, May 8th, 2020 at 09:20 AM.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    Does anyone know when Students that are in university and College can apply for the $1250 that was Announce kin late April for May -August TIA
    The govt. was supposed to have this in effect by May 1st but they have yet to release details on the application process. I just completed my B Ed and I'm supporting my son with his online learning while finalizing paperwork for certification(which is so costly). I'll take to Twitter today to help in bringing attention to this issue.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shirnette View Post
    The govt. was supposed to have this in effect by May 1st but they have yet to release details on the application process. I just completed my B Ed and I'm supporting my son with his online learning while finalizing paperwork for certification(which is so costly). I'll take to Twitter today to help in bringing attention to this issue.
    Thank you @Shirnette for the info .
    Shirnette likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    I anticipate that something will be released next week (before the long weekend as it will be mid-May) as to intended application dates or website. CRA does not yet have a page set up for the Canadian Students Emergency Benefits. I know someone wanting to apply, plus there are other SC members keen to know as well for their student family members.
    Shirnette likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Stitch-It HQ in Burlington ON is selling face masks online in pairs. If you need masks but are not a sewist, this might be your incentive to buy masks (which helps keep associates working).
    https://burlingtoncentre.ca/news/bur...es/2130005865/

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Berlin (CNN)A cafe in Germany has celebrated its grand reopening to customers after lockdown by handing out pool noodles to maintain social distancing.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/15/e...m_source=twCNN
    lotsasavings and Linda Evans like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by heartgirl99 View Post

Berlin (CNN)A cafe in Germany has celebrated its grand reopening to customers after lockdown by handing out pool noodles to maintain social distancing.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/15/e...m_source=twCNN
    I hope these are the customer's own hats and they sanitize the noodles after each use...

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information