User Tag List

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree773Likes

Thread: Covid-19

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Mandatory masks on transit, many of David’s Tea are closed, glad they kept Pacific centre one open Keep calm and keep mask on!
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I heard this story in the news back in June. This is the update to that story.

https://dallasvoice.com/a-harsh-less...y-of-covid-19/
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Have SCers noticed how most stores have very wet sanitizers available for use? They are not gel in most cases. SOmetimes there's a mat on the floor to catch squirts that fall or overspray but sometimes it's customer be aware of how much the pump is depressed to minimize the overshooting of the drippy sanitizer.
    Noticed my bank's ATM area has replaced the individual sanitizer pump bottles with a standing sanitizer unit by the window recently.

Canadian Tire, Value Village and Winners have someone at the door to spray customers' hands most times.

I am glad that my supply of moist towellettes from spring are still holding out. What I need are alcohol wipes as I'd like to wipe down cart handles in stores (aside from Fortinos, maybe Walmart is still spraying theirs). I have not seen any store having an employee strap a sanitizer tank on back to wand spray carts like I've seen on news stories on TV.
    GoJays likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Ciel - I've found that people have become far too complacent. Stores are not cleaning as they should be, counters, shopping carts, washrooms. People are feeling safe and good about themselves because we managed to do what the US failed miserably at. However, the virus has not been eradicated completely from here. It takes one or two people for it to come back with a vengeance. People, please don't be complacent. Be vigilant.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

australia's melbourne imposes stage 4 clampdown

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/he...49e8f05a775ee8
    Ciel and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    @Ciel - I've found that people have become far too complacent. Stores are not cleaning as they should be, counters, shopping carts, washrooms. People are feeling safe and good about themselves because we managed to do what the US failed miserably at. However, the virus has not been eradicated completely from here. It takes one or two people for it to come back with a vengeance. People, please don't be complacent. Be vigilant.
    Comparing Canada to the US is lowest common denominator thinking that twists "the US is far worse" in to "Canada is doing okay" or worse, "Canada is doing really well", while neglecting that a number of other countries have handled the pandemic better.
    Ciel and CheriLyn like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    Comparing Canada to the US is lowest common denominator thinking that twists "the US is far worse" in to "Canada is doing okay" or worse, "Canada is doing really well", while neglecting that a number of other countries have handled the pandemic better.
    @GoJays
    Complete agree on people becoming complacent because things are starting to open and comparing to the US!
    On the radio some people were being interviewed about how they feel about covid situation/how we're handling it/reopening and one of the replies was along the lines of "Covid? Seems like so long ago!"
    No. It's not 'long ago'. It's still happening.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Melbourne's plan sounds ok unless one is truly 5km or more from a grocery store or bank or even a printer. Then trying to find the person at work who is authorized to sign off on the permits...I'm sure that Melbourne has food deserts (neighbourhoods without grocery stores) just like Toronto does.
    Shwa Girl and CheriLyn like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I am tired of seeing people wearing their mask under their nose ,everytime i go out i see this -today at value village i did .Wear it correctly.
    2shopmom and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dyalect View Post
    >>
    Identifying areas hard hit in Toronto is a great helper.
    Just a caution. If they identify the areas hardest hit, some people may think the rest of the city is just fine.

But people travel. And share their COVID. And some don't have symptoms like headache, or cough or sneeze or what not.

Speaking of travel, when people get off a plane at Pearson, and COVID is found starting at that flight, the passengers could be going to Toronto. Or to Mississauga, Oakville, Pickering or Peterborough. That's why there is a list of flights, buses, trains and cruise ships for people to check.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-heal...atherings.html

So the safest thing right now is to do what we know to protect ourselves. Wherever we go.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Just a caution. If they identify the areas hardest hit, some people may think the rest of the city is just fine.
    So the safest thing right now is to do what we know to protect ourselves. Wherever we go.

I couldnt agree with you more!

The virus IS out there still, the BEST practice is indeed masks, distance, and keeping up hygiene until there's a vaccine.

Thanks

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    The virus IS out there still, the BEST practice is indeed masks, distance, and keeping up hygiene until there's a vaccine.
    Another vital element of reducing one's risk is limiting both the number of exposure opportunities and the duration of each one. For example, hitting more stores is riskier than hitting fewer, going when there are more customers is riskier than when there are fewer, staying in stores longer is riskier than getting in and out quickly, going out to eat on a restaurant patio is riskier than not going, etc., etc.
    walkonby likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^^^^ all the above posts are great advice.
    I STILL have not gotten my locks cut or coloured since February....sigh.
    heartgirl99 and Lavender Lady like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    ^^^^ all the above posts are great advice.
    I STILL have not gotten my locks cut or coloured since February....sigh.
    i haven't either, wob. i'm learning to embrace my grey hairs and my oldness.
    GoJays, walkonby and luvthefree like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

here's an interesting site for/about covid - 19 survivors who are 'long haulers'

https://www.c19recoveryawareness.com/
    Shwa Girl, luvthefree and Thatdone like this.

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information